Sponsored by:

992 S/T and GT3rs plush cash vs CGT

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 02:14 PM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 331 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
The single biggest limiting factor for me with my CGT is the lack of nose lift. It makes the car a point A to A car, with careful planning along the way for gas stations, restaurant choices, etc etc.

CGT handling is actually much nicer and easier to predict than my TDF (without traction control, that car is evil). Especially now with the Cup 2 on the CGT, it changes the handling characteristic completely.
Originally Posted by mooty
the car is not GOAT
YOU are.
10k in 12 months!!!
I did 4k in 12 months and many thought that was too much hahahahah
Well I'm an old goat so I'll give you that
The following users liked this post:
911Vintage (01-16-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 05:30 PM
SSMOKE-U
Instructor

Received 169 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
nothing drives like a CGT, nothing before and nothing after.
I love it
but it is a A to point A car. totally useless
I have 15k miles on CGT chassis. I know it well but every time I am out with it, it scares me ****less.
If u like roller coaster rides, this is it.

it's better to have RS and CGT.
Thats a strong pair for sure... Truly two of the greats.
Old 01-23-2024, 04:54 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,503 Likes on 2,277 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
you actually have to be a good and confident driver to enjoy the CGT.

if you're the kind of person who thinks a 991.2 GT3 clutch is tough to work in traffic , skip it

if you're unable to conceptualize owning a car without nose lift, skip it

if you have never taken traction control off on a 911, skip it.

common thread I see with people who really like CGT- their early track day cars were 993/996/997 or weirder stuff (2010 ACR, 05 FGT, C5 z06) so they don't expect helpful nannies. or they have 2 wheel, open wheel car or kart experience.

driving the CGT requires "track day" level focus and command of the vehicle when you're around other cars. it's completely exhilarating.

parallel side note- guy complained about his 911 handling recently...I asked if he'd ever taken ESC off- he said no. I said it's fine- when you can take ESC off and "play" with the car, you will learn how it handles. He's probably better off with a 918 vs a CGT. Nothing wring with that- a lot of people are.
it's not a car
it's an experience

Originally Posted by yoshi86
Thank you all for the input. This is extremely helpful.
My view is the GT3rs and ST are definitely NOT the same car, but I should be report back in a few months when I get the ST and do a back to back comparison.

I understand the CGT is an "addition" type vehicle, but I am somewhat confined in garage space and a consolidation would help with that is where this thought exercise rooted from.
The difficulty is that 1-ST will be on lease for first 12months so won't be able to take advantage of CGT stop drive situation (I assume this reduces price?) and 2-I don't think anyone will let me extensively test drive a CGT (or let alone even around the block?) so you just have to go into it with blind faith.
I've been in one as a passenger but can't really know without rowing the gears yourself.

I'm not one to buy cars for investments so that angle is irrelevant, I do like to drive and enjoy my cars but lack of time, weather conditions and having more than 1 car limits the mileage I am able to realistically put on any of the cars anyways.
It seems that current/ex CGT owners are all in for the CGT and likely wouldn't take the opposite side of the trade (at fair mkt values), so that speaks volume to me.
​​​
its hard to explain
she's a dirty bitch
but you keep coming back to her
THAT IS CGT

@unotaz I have quite a bit of mileage on TDF. it is the absolutely worst car I have driven. big engine. good. everything else unpredictable the RWS thing is done by 3rd graders. Italians shoudl be left making clothing. they are good. shoes too. car not so much

F40 I cannot fathom the love. meh..
F50 hell yes. liek a CGT built by 3rd graders. but when it works it's not bad

I am lucky as most route I do, CGT will clear (the front part) but what nose lift wont fix is using belly as skid pad. try go fast on decker and malibu canyon...
The following users liked this post:
dixonk (01-23-2024)

Quick Reply: 992 S/T and GT3rs plush cash vs CGT