Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 23RS is for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2023 | 03:33 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
I should have been a roofer. We have been waiting 8 months after getting a really high quote to get our roof fixed after the big rains here in CA. Sounds like the roofers are enjoying their P cars and Euro vacations. Ready to jump up there with some Flex Seal and try to do it myself....
Tile I'm assuming?​
Old 07-15-2023 | 03:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by poofyo101
you shouldnt have given up on the rs allocation so soon. They will have more than they have already released. since you got a 992 GT3 for msrp from your dealer I would say i wouldn't give up just yet.
People just need be patient and even if you don't get an RS there are many other fun cars that can be bought around the same price, that's the way I'm looking at it as I already have a garage full of fun Porsches.
Old 07-15-2023 | 03:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Tile I'm assuming?​
No offense but some roofers are complete dirtbag ripoff artists. I got 5 quotes back in 2018 when I had a few roof leaks after heavy rains back then. Three of them were telling me I needed to replace my entire concrete tile roof on a 20 year old home ($30k-$35k), get the fock out of here. The other 2 were honest ones telling me that I had a few slipped/cracked tiles and quoted me around $2k for the job.
Old 07-15-2023 | 03:48 PM
Azzurri GT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
No offense but some roofers are complete dirtbag ripoff artists. I got 5 quotes back in 2018 when I had a few roof leaks after heavy rains back then. Three of them were telling me I needed to replace my entire concrete tile roof on a 20 year old home ($30k-$35k), get the fock out of here. The other 2 were honest ones telling me that I had a few slipped/cracked tiles and quoted me around $2k for the job.
I have a friend who owns a roofing company and makes bank.

Here in Ohio I guess if you're roof has any type of damage that you 'must replace the whole section or roof' and it all goes thru insurance, so they'll have homes that have slight damage but because how it works, they charge the insurance company 10x the cost.

No wonder he just bought a new STO and has multiple 200K plus vehicles.
Old 07-15-2023 | 05:04 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

I agree with you. Truth be told this business is more about politics and not storm damage.I do ONLY INSURANCE and NO CASH DEALS. I'm assuming you're in Texas(maybe Houston area) and yes, sadly we have too many tweaker hobbyists that have no business in this business and actually muddy the waters for folks that actually know the game and they give the industry a bad reputation. I tell my customers all the time, "don't call me a roofer or contractor, I'm in logistics of connecting checkbooks". We can carry a 55-60% profit margin when done correctly and we don't set the prices. The carriers do. Regarding tile, they don't belong in Texas. Too much thermal expansion resulting in cracking and it's an art to get them paid for. Example.... just got a $140k roof paid for and fully redecked the house as result of only 6 damaged tiles total. Insurance companies treat tile like a red headed step child. People like me that of which only specialize in high asset losses should be the only ones that touch those claims. If you're in Texas you probably know National Oilwell Varco. When I did 2 projects for the past CEO they tried to hand me their $60k deductible check and carrier policy prior to me starting the claim. I told them to hold the $60k and let me make sure the carrier paid first.... that wouldn't have been a normal "roofer" response" as I prefer to spend the insurance companies money first.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 07-15-2023 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2023 | 05:06 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by Azzurri GT3
I have a friend who owns a roofing company and makes bank. Here in Ohio I guess if you're roof has any type of damage that you 'must replace the whole section or roof' and it all goes thru insurance, so they'll have homes that have slight damage but because how it works, they charge the insurance company 10x the cost. No wonder he just bought a new STO and has multiple 200K plus vehicles.
​​​​​​​The carriers set the prices, not us. I tried to buy a Verde STO and sadly I couldn't fit in the car.
Old 07-15-2023 | 05:06 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

not only roofers , scamming is more common than what we think across multiple industries
I am in the medical field, and you can make decent money , but a lot of people scam and this is how they make the big money , I see that multiple times a day
Old 07-15-2023 | 05:24 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by pitt911
not only roofers , scamming is more common than what we think across multiple industriesI am in the medical field, and you can make decent money , but a lot of people scam and this is how they make the big money , I see that multiple times a day
Roofers dont scam. Insurance companies do. Edit: Seeing you're in medical. It's the worst with regards to market manipulation. I paid cash for a surgery $21k and had I chose to do the elective surgery through insurance they would've billed the carrier $65k for the same surgery. This is largely due to the coding system they use. Then again since United Healthcare is a nearly $300billion a year revenue company, you got to shed those dollars some how in order to justify the high premiums. Home insurance and medical insurance are 2 completely different animals, but with a moving target for vendors and systems in place that are difficult to learn for most.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 07-15-2023 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-15-2023 | 06:55 PM
RyanSD
Pro

People just need be patient and even if you don't get an RS there are many other fun cars that can be bought around the same price, that's the way I'm looking at it as I already have a garage full of fun Porsches.
I am skipping the 992 RS not only cause I don't know if I would enjoy it to its full potential with all the new aero and fancy suspension. So I added this to the collection. 991.1 Lava will stay since I have too sentimental value.....meaning I paid too much ADM lol

The following 2 users liked this post by RyanSD:
eclou (07-23-2023), usctrojanGT3 (07-16-2023)
Old 07-15-2023 | 10:20 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Tile I'm assuming?​
Yep.. You guessed it and relatively flat. Lots of nooks and crannies. Agree with the above. They say they fix it, charge a couple of grand and then you never really know as it may be 2 or 3 years before it rains like that again. I'm in the health care business. You can bill whatever you want but our prices are fixed by Medicare. Currently about $70 for an office visit. Private insurers are even worse.
Old 07-15-2023 | 11:51 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Yep.. You guessed it and relatively flat. Lots of nooks and crannies. Agree with the above. They say they fix it, charge a couple of grand and then you never really know as it may be 2 or 3 years before it rains like that again. I'm in the health care business. You can bill whatever you want but our prices are fixed by Medicare. Currently about $70 for an office visit. Private insurers are even worse.
Look into stone coated steel like a product called decra. Looks just like tile, just without the issues.
Old 07-16-2023 | 12:19 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

a roof done right is right. my is 20 years old no issue nada
medical, roof or whatever that goes through ins is just bad business in long run (insurance not the roofer or med.... )
they ultimately charged the insured higher and higher premiums..
oh well...
Old 07-16-2023 | 12:36 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by mooty
a roof done right is right. my is 20 years old no issue nadamedical, roof or whatever that goes through ins is just bad business in long run (insurance not the roofer or med.... )they ultimately charged the insured higher and higher premiums..oh well...
Unfortunately not true. It all risk/ liability based. Acts of god (weather) cant be used against homeowners. Negligence yes. Surprisingly most carriers actually lower premiums after replacing following a storm, due to lower risk profile. Now for a roof thats 20ys old, thats climate specific. ​​​​ The thing that would really set folks off in here is how many insurance adjusters out there make that make $400-500k per year running claims and only work for 5 or 6 months per year. Yes the adjusters that write the estimates and cut the carriers checks lol. So the carriers pay the claims, give homeowners discounts for doing such, and pay the adjusters to pay those claims..... all while having billions worth of quarterly profits. Insurance companies never loose, it's just the system.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 07-16-2023 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-16-2023 | 03:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RyanSD
I am skipping the 992 RS not only cause I don't know if I would enjoy it to its full potential with all the new aero and fancy suspension. So I added this to the collection. 991.1 Lava will stay since I have too sentimental value.....meaning I paid too much ADM lol

Nice pick up, I do miss my Miami Blue 991.2 GT3RS. I'm leaving open the possibility of picking another one up at some point, we'll see.
The following users liked this post:
RyanSD (07-17-2023)
Old 07-16-2023 | 03:38 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I agree with you. Truth be told this business is more about politics and not storm damage.I do ONLY INSURANCE and NO CASH DEALS. I'm assuming you're in Texas(maybe Houston area) and yes, sadly we have too many tweaker hobbyists that have no business in this business and actually muddy the waters for folks that actually know the game and they give the industry a bad reputation. I tell my customers all the time, "don't call me a roofer or contractor, I'm in logistics of connecting checkbooks". We can carry a 55-60% profit margin when done correctly and we don't set the prices. The carriers do. Regarding tile, they don't belong in Texas. Too much thermal expansion resulting in cracking and it's an art to get them paid for. Example.... just got a $140k roof paid for and fully redecked the house as result of only 6 damaged tiles total. Insurance companies treat tile like a red headed step child. People like me that of which only specialize in high asset losses should be the only ones that touch those claims. If you're in Texas you probably know National Oilwell Varco. When I did 2 projects for the past CEO they tried to hand me their $60k deductible check and carrier policy prior to me starting the claim. I told them to hold the $60k and let me make sure the carrier paid first.... that wouldn't have been a normal "roofer" response" as I prefer to spend the insurance companies money first.
That was my SoCal house that is now a rental. My insurance deductible was $5k so I knew it wasn't worth going through the insurance because I figured it was something more minor as those tile roofs last 50-60 years here in SoCal due to our temperate weather. I only buy my cars from North Houston and visit them every time I have a GT car come in to break some Texas BBQ bread. That being said, I want to head back to COTA again since I haven't been there since before COVID so I'll probably ship my GT4RS back to North Houston to get some MR goodies put on the car then hit up COTA and MSR Houston.

Quick Reply: My 23RS is for sale!