Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non-PTS - Boring?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 08:21 PM
jblaw
Banned

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts

I had a shark blue gt3 with yellow stitching and belts. Loved it! It was wild! I now have an Irish green GT3T, which is amazing, but certainly more subdued! Due shark!
Old 04-16-2023, 08:25 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

OMG shark blue sucks. LOL

by far the most common blue on 964 era cars was maritime. Wasn’t special wishes or whatever PTS was called back then. Check out values on maritime 964’s.

Last edited by Johnny5Alive; 04-16-2023 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2023, 09:20 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

I considered Arctic Grey with all of the Shark Blue details (pinstripe wheels, deviated stitching, headlight etc) and I also considered Chalk with Neodyme wheels. I do think that both Chalk and Arctic Grey need some color to compliment the body paint. This is what I went with (Mojave Beige deviated stitching)

The following users liked this post:
shrimp money (04-16-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 12:24 PM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 332 Posts

To me it's pretty simple - you said Shark Blue is your favorite color by far. So do Shark Blue. While it may be the most common (which is common with colors used for marketing - "communication colors"), it doesn't make it worse and the reality is you're unlikely to see another shark blue on the road where you are but you'll open your garage to a lesser choice (in your eyes) every day if you go with a different one.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:07 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 508 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
OMG shark blue sucks. LOL

by far the most common blue on 964 era cars was maritime. Wasn’t special wishes or whatever PTS was called back then. Check out values on maritime 964’s.

What's going on with the land speeder off in the right of the frame?
Old 04-17-2023, 03:25 PM
Shayan30
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jplaro
I have a MY23 build slot and with PTS unavailable, I'm struggling to choose a color. By far, my favorite color is Shark Blue - I think it just looks stunning on a GT3. However, this is by far the most common color on GT3s and I'm used to doing really unique builds on my 911s.

I am hesitating between:
1. Shark blue with black wheels, yellow calipers - GT silver stitching bucket seats + blue belts
2. Artic grey with red wheels (aftermarket or repaint the silver GT3 ones) - black calipers and matching stitching bucket seats and red belts
3. Chalk or some neutral color with orange stitching

I plan to do a custom insert in both cases. Shark blue would have combination of blue, silver and yellow accents in the insert. That would be the main "unique" aspect of the shark blue build.

For those that like to have unique builds and couldn't get PTS - how did you decide on a color?
I feel the same exact way!
Currently have the build entered with Arctic Grey with a week left to make any changes.

Here is my thought process / options in no specific order but my top 3:
1. Ruby Star Neo, Neodyme wheels, Yellow stitching, belts, tachometer, stopwatch
- pictures on social media look amazing but again, it could be an overwhelming color. The dealer said it would be a pain to sell when/if I want to upgrade down the line but I don't know how true that is.

2. Shark Blue, Neodyme Wheels, Yellow stitching, belts, tachometer, stopwatch
- Shark blue is the most ordered colored on the GT3 and its the most available colored car on the used market. But in the bigger picture, I have not seen a 992 Shark blue in person on the road in NJ/NY area. The ones I have seen on the road are black, chalk, or white. So realistically, how many shark blue's will be on the road alongside you unless you go to a car meet or some event?

3. Arctic Grey, Neodyme wheels, Yellow stitching, belts, tachometer, stopwatch (current color on my build)
- new color for 2023 on the GT3 but looks amazing with the bluish tones in certain lighting. Its a safe color and my thought is that I can wrap the car in a bright blue or even Ruby Star if I get the itch and then remove it if I get sick of it. I know people are against wraps but I have seen some amazing work even inside the door panels so you cant tell. And when you are bored or ready to sell, you can remove and go back to the original color which may be an easier sell compared to a bright color.

Other options I am contemplating:
1. Gentian blue, neodyme wheels, yellow stitching belts, etc. (Looks like a very common dark blues from other manufacturers on the road these days, especially Audi.)
2. Guards Red, satin dark silver wheels, red stitching belts, etc. (I saw a Guards Red Turbo S Cab at my local dealer and it was beautiful)
3. Python Green - I know its off the 24 configurator but the color may still be available for 23 orders. Dealer said he can submit the order and it would let him know within an hour or less if it gets accepted or rejected.

With all that typed....I still don't know which option I will go with lol.

Choose a bright color which I will love but possibly think its too overwhelming at certain times or go with the Arctic grey which is very nice, can be wrapped to a bright color if wanted, and play it safe long term?

PS. I currently also have a Cayenne GTS in Chalk so adding Arctic would be another grey variation....

Any feedback would be helpful!
Old 04-17-2023, 08:31 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 659 Likes on 305 Posts

#3 or the guards red. My best friend has a 991.2 RS in red and I almost never see others in red anywhere.

what ever you pic its will be an amazing car.
good luck
matt
Old 04-17-2023, 11:15 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,140 Posts

You want a unique build and are considering white and grey???

Old 04-17-2023, 11:19 PM
porsche.earth
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

go arctic if you don't want to blend in with the shark gt3s, it is amazing in person
here are some real pictures i took of arctic grey with graphite interior, yellow belts, pccb and (i think) neydyme stitching, i have some more but i picked a few

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-17-2023 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:21 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Had an arctic Turbo GT for a bit. Was an interesting color for a few days…
Old 04-17-2023, 11:25 PM
porsche.earth
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by raymort
Had an arctic Turbo GT for a bit. Was an interesting color for a few days…
The graphite blue interior/neodyme stitching and yellow accents on the car all packaged together are what made me stop and say "wow this guy picked the right stuff"
Spoiler

Maybe it's different for coupes because on a cab you can see the interior and exterior simultaneously when the top is down.

Actually at first I thought it was Graphite Blue or somthing since it was first time seeing the color, when I asked the guy he told me it was Arctic Grey and things made a lot of sense since graphite blue is definitely bluer/less grey.

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-17-2023 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:12 PM
jplaro
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm thinking of changing the bucket seat inserts to at least bring some pop inside.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:40 PM
Einmalig
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 71 Posts

First, the percentage of Shark Blue cars is far less than you imagine it to be. As the launch color for the 992 GT3, most of the press and marketing cars you’ve seen over the past 2 years in magazines, videos and at car shows are the same 5-10 cars.

Second, try going to an Italian car show and you’ll easily find 10 times more Ferraris in red than you’ll ever find Porsches in blue. Despite this, I rarely hear anyone say that red Ferraris are too common. Most are ordered in red for the simple reason that they look great. And for the record, my 296 GTS will be Rosso Corsa.

Lastly, you should follow your first instinct and order your favorite color, Shark Blue. I did and have zero regrets.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:42 PM
Einmalig
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 71 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Einmalig; 04-19-2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:45 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,235 Likes on 2,088 Posts

People will want it when it’s PTS, not when it’s only PTS Select.

Quick Reply: Non-PTS - Boring?