Sponsored by:

New arrival Down Under

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 09:00 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 303 Posts
Default New arrival Down Under

Expressed interest April 20 and ended 5th on the list. List closed at 30 and 15 cars expected.

Picked up the car today paying MSRP but with local taxes ends up at USD305000 😳

Startup sounded great and i headed out into the night traffic for a 2 hour drive home. Steering really good, planted on the road, even with camber, but light and instantly responsive when needed.

Gauges lit up at night looked beautiful, interior ambient light barely visible, a couple of glows in the door pockets and an overlight over the back carpet just picked up off an umbrella. Rather odd colour pallette and not worth $1k.

Bose sounds great and I know will improve with break in.

4 ways didn't feel as instantly comfortable as 18 ways but improved as the seat moulded to my butt (or my butt moulded to the seat!) I love the instant manual fore-aft adjustment and I felt fresh at drive's end.

I had manual GT4 last but this time went PDK and love its eye-blink speed of change and anticipation - short gearing really neglected in acceleration.

As far as noise, when cruising at 70 on a smooth freeway, the engine purrs like a sewing machine but pedal to the metal gives a satisfying howl- road noise with the Cup 2s is entirely surface dependent- pressures on delivery were 35/40 and I'll lower these tomorrow. Ran into heavy rain journeys end and the Cup 2s felt much more planted in the wet than I found them on the GT4.

So first impressions - raw, a driver's car and entirely usable and thrilling off track. No driver aids, LCA, adaptive cruise control or folding wing mirrors - very excited to get her out in the light and enter the next phase of getting to know her / I feel this ones a keeper 😇

Last edited by Mercuriell; 05-10-2022 at 09:05 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mercuriell:
chance6 (05-14-2022), heshalosny (05-10-2022)
Old 05-10-2022, 09:11 AM
Sausage416
Pro

Received 336 Likes on 168 Posts

You can turn up the brightness for the ambient lightning just FYI.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:19 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sausage416
You can turn up the brightness for the ambient lightning just FYI.
Yeah found that, default at 50%, still rather underwhelmed but hardly an issue.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:59 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,019 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercuriell
Expressed interest April 20 and ended 5th on the list. List closed at 30 and 15 cars expected.

Picked up the car today paying MSRP but with local taxes ends up at USD305000 😳

Startup sounded great and i headed out into the night traffic for a 2 hour drive home. Steering really good, planted on the road, even with camber, but light and instantly responsive when needed.

Gauges lit up at night looked beautiful, interior ambient light barely visible, a couple of glows in the door pockets and an overlight over the back carpet just picked up off an umbrella. Rather odd colour pallette and not worth $1k.

Bose sounds great and I know will improve with break in.

4 ways didn't feel as instantly comfortable as 18 ways but improved as the seat moulded to my butt (or my butt moulded to the seat!) I love the instant manual fore-aft adjustment and I felt fresh at drive's end.

I had manual GT4 last but this time went PDK and love its eye-blink speed of change and anticipation - short gearing really neglected in acceleration.

As far as noise, when cruising at 70 on a smooth freeway, the engine purrs like a sewing machine but pedal to the metal gives a satisfying howl- road noise with the Cup 2s is entirely surface dependent- pressures on delivery were 35/40 and I'll lower these tomorrow. Ran into heavy rain journeys end and the Cup 2s felt much more planted in the wet than I found them on the GT4.

So first impressions - raw, a driver's car and entirely usable and thrilling off track. No driver aids, LCA, adaptive cruise control or folding wing mirrors - very excited to get her out in the light and enter the next phase of getting to know her / I feel this ones a keeper 😇
There is no tight supply for Australia. Every genuinely interested party will get one at MSRP.

Last edited by groundhog; 05-10-2022 at 10:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
FLACHT6_pilot (05-11-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 03:20 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by groundhog
There is no tight supply for Australia. Every genuinely interested party will get one at MSRP.
I think the supply situation is similar to UK/US - order books are closed and about 2-300% oversubscribed. Yes we get at MSRP but taxes make up about half the price so there wouldn't be much room for a dealer markup.

Even though its raining had to get her out for a drive - like the interior trim - brushed dark aluminium and extensive leather option with leather shifter and wheel.
Attached Images      
heshalosny (05-17-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 08:10 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Had a poke around the frunk today - pretty spacious around the battery area - the CL adaptor is in the side cubby with the tyre goop. Couldn't see any access ports to the headlights release catch... Love that beautiful CF bonnet hidden away out of sight.

Got in a bit more driving today and endorse Pete's (Rennolazine) comments about flying - I hit a bump at speed and definitely had clear air under one of a front wheel - never experienced this before- would have thought the double wishbone would have made this less likely due to increased travel / maybe it's due to the weight saving at the front end.

A bit surprised at the (perspex) rear window - quite blurred especially at night notwithstanding the wing occupying a third of the view.

Astounding how this corners - my town is afflicted by many roundabouts rather than junctions or lights and it's shocking to cast an eye down snd see speed.

Battling with the PCM - got Apple Carplay but after installing a free three month trial of Apple Music its gone AWOL 😳 Also can't figure out tuning the radio - guess I'll have to RTFM 😒

Bled out some air from the tyres - from the dealer pressure was 41/35 - bleeding down to 36/31 made the ride notably softer.

Last edited by Mercuriell; 05-19-2022 at 08:26 AM.
heshalosny (05-17-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 08:40 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Yeah found that, default at 50%, still rather underwhelmed but hardly an issue.
agreed, it is not worth it. My X5 ambient lighting is incredible. I wish it was a little more wow.
Old 05-15-2022, 11:27 AM
Zero757
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

😳 Also can't figure out tuning the radio - guess I'll have to RTFM 😒
Same here. Good luck finding anything written intelligently in the manual. Both software and manual are designed and written by complete morons.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:47 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

After a week at the detailer picked her up with shiny clear PPF to front, headlights, sills and rear wing then ceramic all over. 2 hr drive home but same thrills as when picking her up new. No rattles, handled ok in rain snd surface water and certainly quieter than the GT4 on freeway cruise.

Last edited by Mercuriell; 05-25-2022 at 07:24 AM.
got2go (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 11:07 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,912 Likes on 1,336 Posts

Congratulations. I love the black on the 992s. Enjoy!
Mercuriell (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 05:33 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Got to look at the wrap in daylight- pleased with the way they did partial wrap on the back extending from the vertex of the rear quarter light to the corner of the rear wing adjacent to the swan neck - almost invisible!

Last edited by Mercuriell; 05-25-2022 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:45 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Worked out to 'tune' the radio - its all done using the search function - if you know the frequency put the integer in and search and it will give you a list of that frequency in 100kHz steps (on FM) - select the one you want and hit the star to save as favourite

Last edited by Mercuriell; 05-25-2022 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:23 PM
Doublej
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 73 Posts

What is the exterior color?
Old 05-25-2022, 02:50 PM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Doublej
What is the exterior color?
Just ordinary Jet Black - I was surprised at the bluish/greenish tint in some of the photos - I guess the metallic nature of JB gives rise to some interesting reflections of artificial light - in this case a lot of LEDs at the detailer
Old 05-25-2022, 03:31 PM
Doublej
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 73 Posts

Just ordinary Jet Black - I was surprised at the bluish/greenish tint in some of the photos - I guess the metallic nature of JB gives rise to some interesting reflections of artificial light - in this case a lot of LEDs at the detailer
Ah...it does take on a bunch of different colors depending on where it's at. It's funny they call it 'jet black' as I take that name to be the blackest black but it's really quite dynamic.

Quick Reply: New arrival Down Under