New arrival Down Under

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 03:39 AM
acf321
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 992

Hi John,

Well done on the 992 GT3, looks superb! May I ask, what options (if any) did you select with the car? Also, I note your comments re the Gt4 manual vs the PDK, do you now prefer the PDK? Seems there is more to like about the new PDK, ie rev matching and so-on.

Cheers,

Adam

Old 05-28-2022, 04:18 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by acf321
Hi John,

Well done on the 992 GT3, looks superb! May I ask, what options (if any) did you select with the car? Also, I note your comments re the Gt4 manual vs the PDK, do you now prefer the PDK? Seems there is more to like about the new PDK, ie rev matching and so-on.

Cheers,

Adam
Hi Adam

AS a life long stick lover I have to say I am very happy with this PDK - it's very intuitive and the slickness of changes is unbelievable - as an amateur driver I need all my attention fixed on the road and the lines to break attention with gear changes - when I tracked the GT4 I think I only got out of 2nd gear once !

Had a couple of days driving now the weather has cleared up for a bit - did a DD shopping run today - did a back road blast yesterday. I LOVE this car and it's a keeper for me. The power and feel of the 911, the linear throttle response of NA and the agility (thanks to RWS) of a Cayman. My only very minor dislike is the start switch - feels very light and plasticky - thank goodness they got rid of the 'shaver' for gear change - love the stick even on PDK.

The bounce and tendency to get airborne seems helped greatly by selecting track chassis mode.

The front clearance is way better than the GT4 - FAL is standard in AUstralia but I've just about given it away.

Love the way you can select Track view on the dash console even in Normal mode - switch the centre console display off and it feels just a bit retro !

Very happy with the 4 Way's - had 18 ways before and was worried I couldn't get a comfy fit - there is a certain amount of moulding to form in the sofas and my butt is big enough to get snugly fit between the bolsters - love the manual fore and aft slide - so quick!

The brakes are genteel on initial bite but harden up progressively reasonably smartly - and yes, there is a light smattering of dust at 800kms 🙄

Just a couple of pics from my morning shopping run:
Attached Images   

Last edited by Mercuriell; 05-28-2022 at 05:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
heshalosny (05-29-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 06:10 AM
the911nerd
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Photos look incredible, looking forward to see a few more like yours on the road down under in Queensland! 911s are much rarer in this part of the world compared to the US and Europe.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:34 AM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 303 Posts

After weeks of rain finally got a sunny winters day and managed to get her out for a backroads blast- highway cruising, fast twisties, eardrum popping hill climb the GT3 takes it all in - never felt so 'one' with a car. Booked up some track sessions but honestly I'm so enjoying this car - I like smooth driving , fast corners and bends without blasting down a straight and having to smoke pads 😜

Last edited by Mercuriell; 06-05-2022 at 04:24 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mercuriell:
heshalosny (06-10-2022), Oldmxnut (06-11-2022), rost12 (06-05-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 10:07 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercuriell
After weeks of rain finally got a sunny winters day and managed to get her out for a backroads blast- highway cruising, fast twisties, eardrum popping hill climb the GT3 takes it all in - never felt so 'one' with a car. Booked up some track sessions but honestly I'm so enjoying this car - I like smooth driving , fast corners and bends without blasting down a straight and having to smoke pads 😜

View looks familiar

Quick Reply: New arrival Down Under