Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring build locking - PTS help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 11:21 AM
JCN83
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Touring build locking - PTS help needed!

Hey all,

My build locks in 13 days. Production in June. Delivery in August.

My dealer stated that PTS was closed / not an option for my build slot a few months back.

Now I'm seeing other people referencing PTS builds in June.

Does anyone know if PTS is, in fact, available for June builds? If so, I need to call my dealer and push back.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2022, 11:33 AM
shack993
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 127 Posts

I have a PTS build in July.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:45 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

My PTS build is June, but my lock date for the entire spec was much earlier than what TYD and Porsche say. I had to lock my build by 2/14 even though TYD is still showing my lock date is 5/30/22. The way I understood it was that there were a finite number of PTS slots and those were available with early allocations. Once the maximum number of customers committed, the option of PTS was closed. I received my allocation in November 2021 and chose to do PTS at that time which meant that although my build date was June, my lock date moved back to February instead of May.

So from what I gather the ability to choose PTS has to do with your allocation date and whether there are still PTS slots available for the model year when you choose to go that route. It's why some people with July build dates have PTS builds even though some with earlier build dates don't.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:46 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by shack993
I have a PTS build in July.
When did you receive your allocation and when did you have to lock your build by?
Old 05-03-2022, 12:52 PM
JCN83
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
My PTS build is June, but my lock date for the entire spec was much earlier than what TYD and Porsche say. I had to lock my build by 2/14 even though TYD is still showing my lock date is 5/30/22. The way I understood it was that there were a finite number of PTS slots and those were available with early allocations. Once the maximum number of customers committed, the option of PTS was closed. I received my allocation in November 2021 and chose to do PTS at that time which meant that although my build date was June, my lock date moved back to February instead of May.

So from what I gather the ability to choose PTS has to do with your allocation date and whether there are still PTS slots available for the model year when you choose to go that route. It's why some people with July build dates have PTS builds even though some with earlier build dates don't.
Super helpful and this makes sense based on what I essentially heard from my dealer then. Greatly appreciated and congrats on the PTS slot!
Old 05-04-2022, 12:17 AM
TukeeGatorGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 51 Posts

Same experience as @Dr. G, I had to lock back in late January with my PTS, EM interior and CXX for a July build with European delivery in late September (they are saying early October now).

I can say if you ask your dealer to reach out to the PCNA rep (either west or east coast) depending on your location. They can move you to a model year 2023 allocation, if your dealership has any allocations for that year. Then you can request a PTS build slot, EM interior and a CXX build for a build slot in MY 2023 production. All of the PTS, EM interior, and CXX closed months ago from the information I've gotten, I tried to add a few more CXX bits after I saw a few gems on IG. Oh well. If your dealership is willing to give you a MY 2023 allocation for the PTS, etc build,, then the dealership can reallocate your current car to the next person on the list they keep. PM me if you have questions.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:22 AM
SWxSec
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TukeeGatorGT3
Same experience as @Dr. G, I had to lock back in late January with my PTS, EM interior and CXX for a July build with European delivery in late September (they are saying early October now).

I can say if you ask your dealer to reach out to the PCNA rep (either west or east coast) depending on your location. They can move you to a model year 2023 allocation, if your dealership has any allocations for that year. Then you can request a PTS build slot, EM interior and a CXX build for a build slot in MY 2023 production. All of the PTS, EM interior, and CXX closed months ago from the information I've gotten, I tried to add a few more CXX bits after I saw a few gems on IG. Oh well. If your dealership is willing to give you a MY 2023 allocation for the PTS, etc build,, then the dealership can reallocate your current car to the next person on the list they keep. PM me if you have questions.
Would you mind PMing me the IGs where you got CXX ideas? Please and thanks in advance! I’ve had trouble finding quality IGs that feature finished CXX 992s.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:33 AM
TukeeGatorGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by devsecflops
Would you mind PMing me the IGs where you got CXX ideas? Please and thanks in advance! I’ve had trouble finding quality IGs that feature finished CXX 992s.
I would start with following @Carrara Design , and you can message him here on Rennlist by PM and on IG. Anthony is amazing, has helped me and many others on the forum build out some stunning cars. Then try following on IG: ptsrs, ptsshades, porsche992gt3, winglessGT3, autohausmarcus, ptsmarket

That should give you a good start.
The following users liked this post:
SWxSec (05-04-2022)

Quick Reply: Touring build locking - PTS help needed!