Sponsored by:

Brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 02:37 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Laz99
Europe, Switzerland. Any warranty claim on mechanical parts would be denied on the these grounds. Sounds like bs or plain ignorance, no?
Total bs
Old 07-08-2022, 03:10 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 494 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Laz99
Europe, Switzerland. Any warranty claim on mechanical parts would be denied on the these grounds. Sounds like bs or plain ignorance, no?
two dealers in GER/AUT told me the same.
they are also not allowed to increase chamber setup for example. just OEM values.
same with tires. N0 we need to have on the Cup2.
list goes on.

it all depends on the service manager. and what they don´t know they don´t know.
but the commands from Stuttgart are clear.

if you want to be 101% save regarding warranty - you have to take the TEQUIPMENT pads.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:21 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 494 Likes on 198 Posts

those are the pads (incl. warranty) - for steel: https://tequipment-finder.porsche.co...258725004BD9DC

Manthey do use also another steel pads for full trackday attack - which have also no TÜV - for them i do not have detail infos.

for PCCB there are no pads available with TÜV. Manthey pads for PCCB are: PAGID RSC 1 (as said they have no TÜV)
Old 07-10-2022, 03:52 AM
user 9973849
Banned

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
those are the pads (incl. warranty) - for steel: https://tequipment-finder.porsche.co...258725004BD9DC

Manthey do use also another steel pads for full trackday attack - which have also no TÜV - for them i do not have detail infos.

for PCCB there are no pads available with TÜV. Manthey pads for PCCB are: PAGID RSC 1 (as said they have no TÜV)
Many thanks for the info. Yes, I am referring to the exact same pads, do you know anything about these pads, i.e. manufacturer, difference in feel etc? The only thing I managed to get from a dealer is that I would have more noise during street driving, and any performance improvements would only be visible on track driving. I recently drove my touring up to 260-270 km and the car would brake quite effectively at these speeds (both in wet and dry conditions). So I might be reading too much into this and my fears were unfounded.. But again, my initial feeling that braking performance was reduced was after an hour of pretty spirited b-road driving, which is different to braking at higher speeds on the autobahn...
Old 07-11-2022, 08:04 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,021 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Yes, I have heard of people that have had warranty replacement of a caliper (due to chipped piston puck) refused with race pads and others who had no problems with warranty after they replaced the stock brake pads before going to the dealer for service (do at your own risk).

Note: If you keep a close eye on pad wear and flip pads or replace when you see uneven wear, you should avoid any issue with piston puck failure. I think they almost always break from tapered pad wear.
If you replace the worn pads when they are as thick as the backing plates you won't have a problem.

Fluids, pads and rotors are consumables - if in doubt - throw them out.

Last edited by groundhog; 07-11-2022 at 08:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Brake pads