Sponsored by:

GMG Racing - 992 GT3 Track Prep!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2022 | 02:24 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

992 GT3 GMG WC Rear Control Arm Set now in stock and ready to ship!!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
The following users liked this post:
raymort (06-03-2022)
Old 06-05-2022 | 12:36 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

I've been afraid to use my Insta360 on track! Looks like you guys pulled it off! Is that tape I see on the mount? Car sure sounds good!
Old 06-05-2022 | 02:11 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RDCR
I've been afraid to use my Insta360 on track! Looks like you guys pulled it off! Is that tape I see on the mount? Car sure sounds good!
Yes, suction on back window and pole taped down to the wing. It’s been pretty secure on the street car, but using on a race car is a little rough for it. Be careful of the rumble strips if the camera is mounted, as it’ll more around a lot.
Old 06-10-2022 | 02:55 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This past weekend, we took the GMG 992 GT3 to the Thermal Track to test out our latest track setup with much anticipation! The latest upgrades included: the GMG WC Rear Control Arm Set, WC-EVO 992 GT3 Long Tube Header Exhaust System, AP Racing Brake Kit, and Forgeline 19” GE1 wheels with Pirelli Slicks. The car was also setup with our signature GMG Competition Alignment which we were really excited to try as a proper alignment makes a huge difference in performance. Our GMG WC Rear Control Arm upgrade gives the car greater stability and a stiffer platform, allowing hard acceleration out of corners. This translates into earlier throttle application and strong runs down the next straight. Combine that with the immense grip from the Pirelli slicks and the car can carry speed at a noticeably higher rate through turns vs a stock configuration. Our WC-Evo Long Tube Header Exhaust System gives us the much needed low-end torque and hp to launch out of corners!

We will continue to test and tune on this setup while we head into the summer heat but we have to admit, we can’t wait until we get a chance to test this config in 20-30 degree cooler temps as the lap times will be even quicker!

Old 06-10-2022 | 02:59 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Question about installation: how much of the back end needs to come apart? The dealer mechanic said the Porsche manual says a lot, but he thinks it can be done without everything coming apart.

Can you share what works?
Old 06-10-2022 | 03:12 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by raymort
Question about installation: how much of the back end needs to come apart? The dealer mechanic said the Porsche manual says a lot, but he thinks it can be done without everything coming apart.

Can you share what works?
For the Rear Control Arm set, It’s not that bad. Any shop/dealer that knows these cars, will be able to do it without everything coming apart. It’s a pretty straight forward swap, and obviously should be paired with a proper alignment.
For the WC-Evo Exhaust System, It’s recommended that the bumper comes off. Makes it 10x easier.
Old 07-13-2022 | 01:14 AM
ap999
Track Day

@gmgracing I'm curious about the wheels, and the exact specs, the offsets and so on. I am in the market for a set of track wheels, I already have the AP racing brake kit that will go on soon. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2022 | 11:57 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ap999
@gmgracing I'm curious about the wheels, and the exact specs, the offsets and so on. I am in the market for a set of track wheels, I already have the AP racing brake kit that will go on soon. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Don’t have that info readily available at the moment, but if you send us an email, one of the guys will get back to you. We might have a set available or incoming that we can get you set up with.
ap999 (07-13-2022)
Old 07-13-2022 | 06:51 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gmgracing
Don’t have that info readily available at the moment, but if you send us an email, one of the guys will get back to you. We might have a set available or incoming that we can get you set up with.

Those are the Forgeline wheels that we have used for years on the GT3/RS's and they work great, perfect for the 19" slick setup, which is a game changer for track duty.

Please email Sales@gmgracing for more details. Thanks!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com

Last edited by James-GMG; 07-13-2022 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2022 | 03:51 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Is anyone planning on bringing their GT3 to the Porsche Sports Car Together Fest at Indy first weekend in Sept?

https://porsche-ezentrum.us/sctf22

Old 07-31-2022 | 06:30 PM
est8esq
Racer

It's been a long time since I've posted, but seeing as I'm coming back to Porsche I'm curious whether or not these new 992 gen cabins have the same wind buffeting problems the 991's did with windows down? Do these 992's also need wind buffets on the side view mirrors too?
Old 07-31-2022 | 06:32 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by est8esq
It's been a long time since I've posted, but seeing as I'm coming back to Porsche I'm curious whether or not these new 992 gen cabins have the same wind buffeting problems the 991's did with windows down? Do these 992's also need wind buffets on the side view mirrors too?
Not sure it’s needed, but I added them to my car. The only time my windows are down is on track with a helmet on. No issues for me.
logical (07-31-2022)
Old 07-31-2022 | 11:40 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Is anyone planning on bringing their GT3 to the Porsche Sports Car Together Fest at Indy first weekend in Sept?

https://porsche-ezentrum.us/sctf22
yes I will have my 991.2 Touring - new car delayed so gonna run the touring in the DE.
Never been there before. Hope its a good turnout and a good event!
Old 08-01-2022 | 12:00 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by est8esq
Originally Posted by raymort
Not sure it’s needed, but I added them to my car. The only time my windows are down is on track with a helmet on. No issues for me.
It is present in the 992 cars and we are actually working on the solution now!
Old 08-02-2022 | 06:57 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It's been busy at the GMG shop!!

We’ve been working on updating our 992 GT3 exhaust suite with our valved WC-Sport Exhaust and releasing our Street (Muffler) Center Section for both our exhaust setups! This means you can run our valved WC-Sport (factory headers) or valved WC-Evo (Long Tube Headers) setups with our now modular Stainless steel center, Ti center, or muffler center!

GMG 992 GT3 WC-Sport Exhaust System (valved)

Our WC-Evo (Race) Exhaust System has proven to be incredibly loud, so we have developed the Muffler Center Section to offer some potential street use to the full Evo system. The WC-Evo (Street) Exhaust System allows you to retain the power gains from our WC-Evo Long Tube Headers, while being able to close the valves and actually stay reasonably quiet going through your neighborhood or tame on the freeway. Lots of testing and info coming soon!

GMG 992 GT3 WC-Evo (Street) Exhaust System

Accepting pre-orders now! Please email Sales@gmgracing.com for inquires.

We are also in the process of finalizing the design of our upcoming GMG Wing Risers!! So stay tuned for more info on those as well!

Last edited by gmgracing; 08-02-2022 at 07:08 PM.

Quick Reply: GMG Racing - 992 GT3 Track Prep!