Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Final two builds

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 05:24 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,394 Likes on 1,485 Posts
Default Final two builds

I’ve narrowed my final build to two I like most. I currently have renders from @Carrara Design coming in for both. My car is going to lock anytime now.

Build 1 - black pack, satin black rims, black PCCB, black stitch, black aluminum trim

What I like: this build has a motorsport inspired theme to it that I really like. The majority of past Tourings usually have silver rims with yellow PCCB, especially since black PCCB were never an option. This build has a more sporty feel to it & would probably be less common. The black pack ties-in really well with the black brushed aluminum/bucket seats & overall aggressive look of this gen. I originally had yellow PCCB on this build, but ultimately felt they would stand out too much. I would probably have to do some kind of yellow contrast stitching/belts to tie them in, but I’m not a fan of the yellow interior look. So with black PCCB, I can at least say I matched the stitching & belts 🤣

What I may not like: black rims have always given a more aggressive look. They don’t photo well either as they create a black hole effect. Should the Touring be more elegant like build 2?

Build 2 - silver pack, silver rims, yellow PCCB, silver stitching, anthracite aluminum trim

What I like: the car has a little more color. Has a classic 911R look to it with silver rims & yellow PCCB. The yellow is more subdued behind silver wheels, where as satin black wheels with yellow PCCB would become a focal point. I’ve had similar builds of past so I know I’d still like it. Anthracite brushed aluminum looks upscale & would tie-in nicely with silver stitch & silver exterior specs.

What I may not like: this build is nearly identical to my 992S I recently sold. Silver trim, silver wheels, yellow PCCB. The silver tied-in nicely with the brightwork of the Carrera interior (bright silver brushed aluminum). The overall theme worked well together & matched the character of the car. The GT3 has no brightwork in the interior… Will I regret getting a nearly identical car?

My last 992:

For context. Both cars will have the same all black interior. Build 1 has black brushed aluminum & black stitching & build 2 has GT silver stitching & anthracite brushed aluminum to help tie-in the silver exterior elements. I took inspiration from the launch car.

I’ll update with the renderings as well when I receive them.

TIA everyone! I’m coming down the home stretch!

Last edited by smiles11; 02-12-2022 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:40 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,009 Likes on 1,381 Posts

Build 2 but dark silver wheels
Old 02-10-2022, 06:23 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS
I’m starting to get configurator fatigue lol

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:27 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 258 Posts

Are you building this car for you, or for everyone else? What do YOU like?
Old 02-10-2022, 06:32 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Burren
Are you building this car for you, or for everyone else? What do YOU like?
I like both. Illustrated in the OP.

I do agree though… but where’s the fun in that? 🤪

Last edited by smiles11; 02-10-2022 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:41 PM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Received 372 Likes on 134 Posts

I like the white with silver wheels. Maybe it’s very similar to your last build as you really like that combo?

I too go with similar builds most of time as I really like silver wheels and certain colors(red or blue for gt cars everytime). Had black, gold, satin; silver is what I like so I get it…

Thats my two cents. Get what you really like.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:40 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bubba Wibs
I like the white with silver wheels. Maybe it’s very similar to your last build as you really like that combo?

I too go with similar builds most of time as I really like silver wheels and certain colors(red or blue for gt cars everytime). Had black, gold, satin; silver is what I like so I get it…

Thats my two cents. Get what you really like.
I did like the combo. It fit the Carrera well, especially with bright silver interior aluminum trim. I’ve always gravitated to satin black on GT cars though. 🤔

Last edited by smiles11; 02-10-2022 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 01:44 PM
TukeeGatorGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
I second this. It would be a very exclusive car in this configuration. Too many plain jane silver wheels (but build what your heart wants), you need a little bit of spice in life. My .02 cents.

Quick Reply: Final two builds