Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dundon Motorsports 992 GT3 Development Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 06:35 AM
Cay_PI
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Ah, so the new headers are in combination with your mufflers only and can not be used with the OEM center muffler?
Old 06-01-2022, 11:51 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 370 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Cay_PI
Ah, so the new headers are in combination with your mufflers only and can not be used with the OEM center muffler?
Correct, the OEM muffler on the 992 GT3 is made for OPF's to attach to it.

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 06-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 629 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Correct, the OEM muffler on the 992 GT3 is made for OPF's to attach to it.
Whats the downside in making an adapter to the large input diameter on the OEM muffler?
The following users liked this post:
rosenbergendo (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 03:19 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A very large expansion after the cat that is already an expansion. Wave strength is reduced...
Old 06-01-2022, 04:06 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
A very large expansion after the cat that is already an expansion. Wave strength is reduced...
Are you alluding to reduced scavenging because of that expansion? And is that why the OPFs won't work with your 991 quiet muffler (from a performance standpoint)? Since OEM still makes good power, I wonder if a muffler could be engineered that is a bit quieter and still plays nice with the OPFs?
Old 06-01-2022, 05:48 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 640 Likes on 305 Posts

On a related note I called Dundon about this yesterday and they were beyond accommodating with answering all my questions. Really nice guys who seem well versed in our crazy world!
The following 3 users liked this post by rosenbergendo:
Jamie@dundonmotorsports (10-31-2022), lockie (11-03-2022), Ted@dundonmotorsports (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 06:54 PM
Ted@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 125 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
Are you alluding to reduced scavenging because of that expansion? And is that why the OPFs won't work with your 991 quiet muffler (from a performance standpoint)? Since OEM still makes good power, I wonder if a muffler could be engineered that is a bit quieter and still plays nice with the OPFs?
Jamie is saying this is the reason we don't make a header system to connect with the stock muffler. Making things fit in the space would reduce wave strength, and therefore performance.

We do have a quiet muffler system that works with the stock headers/OPF's. This system + Nurburgring tips is what Bohica Racing ran on their 992 GT3 with success at Mont Tremblant (with a 92dB limit).

Here's the link to the 992 Cat-Back with the Quiet Muffler: https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pr...41074697273519

Thanks @rosenbergendo Appreciate the chat yesterday and the kind words!

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Ted@dundonmotorsports.com
Dundon Motorsports
+1.253.200.4454

www.dundonmotorsports.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Ted@dundonmotorsports:
lockie (11-03-2022), RobbieRob (06-01-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 02:27 PM
Ted@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Most recent updated was added to the second post in the thread! I'll have another post up shortly with some data and video sharing the gains we've made.
The following users liked this post:
lockie (11-03-2022)
Old 10-31-2022, 09:47 PM
Tcomegna
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 25 Posts

So is this the exact product for the 478 WHP gains on the car ? Just to be sure. To my eye they don't look the same but can you verify this is the exact product ?

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pr...non-eu-version

Would the inconnel crack pipe produce more/less/same results rather then a muffler set up ?

Also that dyno of 478 whp was with a PDK car. Would the manual produce closer to 485-490 whp with the mods ?

Finally is this the max we can expect from your research or can we expect intake changes or tuning solutions to bring the power to over 500 whp ?

I hope others have the same m questions I do ! Selling my R8 so might want to use some of the sales proceeds to make the 992 more fruity lol

Last edited by Tcomegna; 10-31-2022 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:53 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tcomegna
So is this the exact product for the 478 WHP gains on the car ? Just to be sure. To my eye they don't look the same but can you verify this is the exact product ?

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pr...non-eu-version

Would the inconnel crack pipe produce more/less/same results rather then a muffler set up ?

Also that dyno of 478 whp was with a PDK car. Would the manual produce closer to 485-490 whp with the mods ?

Finally is this the max we can expect from your research or can we expect intake changes or tuning solutions to being the power to over 500 whp ?

I hope others have the same m questions I do ! Selling my R8 so might want to use some of the sales proceeds to make the 992 more fruity lol
We did the dyno on a prototype version of the headers, the production version cleaned up a couple bends we didn't like and made all of the runners the same length (the prototypes had a couple runners that were shorter).

So the production parts will likely make a few more ponies...

We tested a 100mm TB on the car and the 992 GT3 ecu put the kibosh on it. It will require a tune... Since it will require a tune we've pushed our 991/992 GT3 intake runner project up and will be working on that between now and the end of the year. We're using our already potent 991.2 Cup car with a motorsports ecu so we can ensure the physics of the parts are not impeded by torque limiters or the like from the ECU.

Manual cars will have a little more power yes as a little less frictional losses, but they also don't have the gearing the PDK cars have, so YMMV.

Mini crack will make a bit more, but is loud so be ready for that... Ultralight Ti muffler is the best sounding all around...

Will never say never on where we'll stop... Enlarged ITB's have been discussed, but more testing needed on the Cup with the intake runners first...

We have all of this in stock, best to jump on it before the Black Friday

Old 10-31-2022, 10:13 PM
Tcomegna
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the reply!!

So for max power, mini crack pipe and a manual Tranny technically will make the most power to the wheels and be the least amount of weight ?

Also I like the sounds of Black Friday and being patient for product to come 😂
Old 10-31-2022, 10:16 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tcomegna
Thanks for the reply!!

So for max power, mini crack pipe and a manual Tranny technically will make the most power to the wheels and be the least amount of weight ?

Also I like the sounds of Black Friday and being patient for product to come 😂
yup, go ahead and hit us with an email. We have all of that in stock and you can beat the rush….

sales@dundonmotorsports dot com
Old 03-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Ted@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey gang, got a couple of updates on the 992 project!

Our car had to leave to make way for the 781 GT4RS, but we were fortunate to partner with a local 992 owner to finalize development on a few other pieces.

First up, 992 GT3 adjustable sway bar end links! To our knowledge, we are the first folks on the market with these.

When we installed the MCS 3-way dampers on the car last year, we realized we had some pre-load in the sway bars because the stock end links are not adjustable. To fix that, we designed our own! We built these using the best rod-ends and spherical bearings in the industry (FK) alongside proper motorsport design concepts (like pinch bolts). When you remove the pre-load on the sway bars, you ensure the car remains balanced and predictable on the road and the track.

The most recent addition to the car is our Carbon Splitter. This rounds out our full aero package and turns the 992 GT3 into a proper track weapon. This kit makes 885lbs of downforce at 120mph!

We have some track testing coming up in the next few weeks, so we will update you with results from testing the whole package!
The following 2 users liked this post by Ted@dundonmotorsports:
Captain P (11-04-2023), M-AlTerkait (03-04-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 04:18 PM
Frostmoon
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Videos or sound clips of the Mini Crack pipe only on stock headers? I'm interested in getting the loudest muffler while keeping the OEM headers.
Old 03-07-2023, 04:33 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Frostmoon
Any Videos or sound clips of the Mini Crack pipe only on stock headers? I'm interested in getting the loudest muffler while keeping the OEM headers.
here you go!

Quick Reply: Dundon Motorsports 992 GT3 Development Thread