Sponsored by:

992 GT3 Cars For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2024, 01:16 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,066 Likes on 2,323 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Mike
If they do away with the manual and go hybrid, 991.2 and 992.1 Manual cars will absolutely moon, especially PTS cars with all the right options.
I think if they do go hybrid for the .2 they'll do it with the winged GT3 and keep the Touring ICE but I still think that all .2 GT3s will be ICE and have a manual option.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
GT3 Mike (02-25-2024), Le Petit Garage (02-26-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 02:15 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 925 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I think if they do go hybrid for the .2 they'll do it with the winged GT3 and keep the Touring ICE but I still think that all .2 GT3s will be ICE and have a manual option.
if ICE only, pretty sure the GTS is going to be faster than the GT3… I just don’t see Porsche letting that happen
Old 02-25-2024, 02:39 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

I will be listing my 2022 Irish Green manual winged car for sale in the next 2 months most likely. What is the best place to list it in your opinions?
BAT? PCar Market? Rennlist Classifieds?
Obviously want to maximize what I can sell it for, but also cant stand when people play games and waste my time.
Only selling because of my incoming ST.
The following users liked this post:
GT3 Mike (02-25-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 02:48 PM
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
I will be listing my 2022 Irish Green manual winged car for sale in the next 2 months most likely. What is the best place to list it in your opinions?
Obviously want to maximize what I can sell it for, but also cant stand when people play games and waste my time.
Didn’t you get the ST and 3RS for MSRP? Why not return the favor and sell your GT3 for MSRP as well?
Old 02-25-2024, 02:57 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 7382929296
Didn’t you get the ST and 3RS for MSRP? Why not return the favor and sell your GT3 for MSRP as well?
I didn't get a 3RS unfortunately. Paid $58k over for my 4RS though. But yes the ST will be at MSRP.
Dealer will give me MSRP if I trade back to them. I may do that for ease and for the relationship.
But would prefer to get all the money I have in it at least. And when I paid $58k over for 4RS my mental consolation was that maybe when I sold the GT3 I could offset that a little bit.
And I also paid over MSRP for my 991.2 touring.
Not expecting to get dealer mark up money but would like to get close to market value if possible.

Last edited by GT3 Nut; 02-25-2024 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2024, 03:43 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,085 Likes on 1,164 Posts

Put it up in the marketplace here. Path of least resistance. If it doesn't sell BaT seems like they make the process pretty seamless.
Old 02-25-2024, 04:03 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 120 Posts

I didn't get a 3RS unfortunately. Paid $58k over for my 4RS though. But yes the ST will be at MSRP.
Dealer will give me MSRP if I trade back to them. I may do that for ease and for the relationship.
But would prefer to get all the money I have in it at least. And when I paid $58k over for 4RS my mental consolation was that maybe when I sold the GT3 I could offset that a little bit.
Not expecting to get dealer mark up money but would like to get close to market value if possible.
I'm surprised the dealer isn't requesting you give back to them at MSRP, which means you essentially drove it for free. Your mental consolation is the $200K you saved on getting an S/T at MSRP. Seems odd your dealer charges an ADM on other GT cars, lets you sell them at market price, then gives you an S/T at MSRP?

Am I missing something in this fact pattern?
The following 4 users liked this post by mass27:
C.J. Ichiban (02-25-2024), Maxant13 (02-25-2024), PTS (02-25-2024), wageslave (02-25-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 05:25 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 44 Posts

you should sell at what ever is the market will support. Seems like BAT gives the most exposure but you will have to deal with unnecessary comments that have nothing to do with information on your car. Also I felt like BAT put arbitrary reserve limit regardless of the quality and MRSP of your car( so a 170k sticker and a 240k sticker car would have the same reserve). If you want one of the listing companies to present your car on BAT with all the pictures and answering the commentary, then expect to pay 5-8% commission that’s in addition to the 5k that BAT charges. I did not sell mine through BAT. Fortunately, I’ve always had interest from local car collectors when I have decided to sell, so I haven’t done the auction route.

Old 02-25-2024, 07:52 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,036 Likes on 1,398 Posts

$58k over on a 4RS and an ADM on a 991 but an S/T at MSRP with no requirements to trade cars back to them? And you couldn't get a 3RS? This does not track at all.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:18 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 591 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by tims16m
you should sell at what ever is the market will support. Seems like BAT gives the most exposure but you will have to deal with unnecessary comments that have nothing to do with information on your car. Also I felt like BAT put arbitrary reserve limit regardless of the quality and MRSP of your car( so a 170k sticker and a 240k sticker car would have the same reserve). If you want one of the listing companies to present your car on BAT with all the pictures and answering the commentary, then expect to pay 5-8% commission that’s in addition to the 5k that BAT charges. I did not sell mine through BAT. Fortunately, I’ve always had interest from local car collectors when I have decided to sell, so I haven’t done the auction route.
BAT seems to be loosing some steam since the car bubble is deflating. I always have felt BAT is the epitome of the peanut gallery for everything that's wrong with the direction the car markets gone. Saw a guy take his Pista out the other day looking like a TRT, tanning salon, and hair club for men commercial all combined with a splash of liberace... it was depressing, sad,.and hilarious all at the same time. Then his buddy rolled up in his STO looking like Vato Ron Jeremy with a bedazzled belt... not buckle, but completely bedazzled belt. That was the icing on the cake and the stereotypical new-age BAT buyer.

Originally Posted by mass27
I'm surprised the dealer isn't requesting you give back to them at MSRP, which means you essentially drove it for free. Your mental consolation is the $200K you saved on getting an S/T at MSRP. Seems odd your dealer charges an ADM on other GT cars, lets you sell them at market price, then gives you an S/T at MSRP?

Originally Posted by PTS
$58k over on a 4RS and an ADM on a 991 but an S/T at MSRP with no requirements to trade cars back to them? And you couldn't get a 3RS? This does not track at all.
Believe it or not, the 992 3RS was and is more widely sought after than the ST. More dealers have also held back spots for the ST and essentially put them out to bid. The
Old 02-25-2024, 11:24 PM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 591 Posts

I will be listing my 2022 Irish Green manual winged car for sale in the next 2 months most likely.
Can you PM me options, details and how much you are thinking of asking ?
Old 02-25-2024, 11:24 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 925 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
BAT seems to be loosing some steam since the car bubble is deflating. I always have felt BAT is the epitome of the peanut gallery for everything that's wrong with the direction the car markets gone. Saw a guy take his Pista out the other day looking like a TRT, tanning salon, and hair club for men commercial all combined with a splash of liberace... it was depressing, sad,.and hilarious all at the same time. Then his buddy rolled up in his STO looking like Vato Ron Jeremy with a bedazzled belt... not buckle, but completely bedazzled belt. That was the icing on the cake and the stereotypical new-age BAT buyer.

Believe it or not, the 992 3RS was and is more widely sought after than the ST. More dealers have also held back spots for the ST and essentially put them out to bid. The
I had to look up TRT and Ron Jeremy haha

BAT comment section is often a bunch of current owners of the same car circle jerking to pump up the value of their own car
PTS (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 12:07 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mass27

They mentioned they would like to have it but that I am not required to trade it back to them on the ST. If they get another 3RS allocation they will definitely want something from me for trade such as the GT3 or 4RS or Dakar.
Yes I do understand the $200k I saved on the ST but I would simply not buy one for $200k over! Its already $340k which is insane....I am happy my dealer is getting me one at MSRP. I have bought a lot of cars from them and we have a good relationship. They gave me my Dakar at MSRP also.
They don't charge any ADM. I bought the 4RS and 991 Touring from private sellers and paid over MSRP. My dealer was not able to get me the 4RS and when the 991 GT3 touring came out they were even smaller than they are now and didn't get enough GT cars. I settled for a 991.2 T from them in 2018.
Now they have increased market share and get some more cars. But I bought the 4RS in July last year from private seller with only 120 miles on it because I didn't think my dealer would get any. They did get one eventually but it was the same time they got my ST allocation (along with a 3RS and Spyder RS allocations). And although I was next in line for the 3RS I didn't expect them to give me both the 3RS and ST at the same time. And I wasn't next in line on the 4RS or Spyder RS anyway. They played fair with their other good customers.

Originally Posted by tims16m
Yeah I really hate the peanut gallery with BAT. I have never tried selling anything there but I am not sure I want to deal with that.

Originally Posted by PTS
See above explanation.
Manifold (03-09-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 09:08 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Must be fun living in your own reality. I know 10+ people with 3RS who could not get an S/T. Delusional
The following 3 users liked this post by PTS:
C.J. Ichiban (02-26-2024), neoprufrok (02-27-2024), RUF RS (02-27-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 09:13 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

They mentioned they would like to have it but that I am not required to trade it back to them on the ST. If they get another 3RS allocation they will definitely want something from me for trade such as the GT3 or 4RS or Dakar.
Yes I do understand the $200k I saved on the ST but I would simply not buy one for $200k over! Its already $340k which is insane....I am happy my dealer is getting me one at MSRP. I have bought a lot of cars from them and we have a good relationship. They gave me my Dakar at MSRP also.
They don't charge any ADM. I bought the 4RS and 991 Touring from private sellers and paid over MSRP. My dealer was not able to get me the 4RS and when the 991 GT3 touring came out they were even smaller than they are now and didn't get enough GT cars. I settled for a 991.2 T from them in 2018.
Now they have increased market share and get some more cars. But I bought the 4RS in July last year from private seller with only 120 miles on it because I didn't think my dealer would get any. They did get one eventually but it was the same time they got my ST allocation (along with a 3RS and Spyder RS allocations). And although I was next in line for the 3RS I didn't expect them to give me both the 3RS and ST at the same time. And I wasn't next in line on the 4RS or Spyder RS anyway. They played fair with their other good customers.
This makes more sense. I think the confusion is coming from you stating you paid ADMs on several cars (which implies a purchase from a dealer), it seems you just paid over MSRP (market price) in the secondary market. Not ADM (additional dealer markup)

Quick Reply: 992 GT3 Cars For Sale