Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if touring drives like winged, ppl will be disapointed but will not admit it

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 08:57 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,671 Likes on 929 Posts

Frankly, why anyone would make the non winged touring with the same suspension tuning and spring rates as the car with much more downforce is beyond me. Maybe cost cutting. They ran out of time to field test a bespoke suspension geometry for the touring.

OP, you should get out of the car before you put too many miles and take a hit in resale. I dont think this is the car for you. Also you are talking about mountains and europe, I bet it snows there? I hear those brake scoops arent meant for driving in snow and they’ll act like snow shovels and suffocate the brakes with salt and grime.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:03 PM
JoeGT3
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Frankly, why anyone would make the non winged touring with the same suspension tuning and spring rates as the car with much more downforce is beyond me. Maybe cost cutting. They ran out of time to field test a bespoke suspension geometry for the touring.

OP, you should get out of the car before you put too many miles and take a hit in resale. I dont think this is the car for you. Also you are talking about mountains and europe, I bet it snows there? I hear those brake scoops arent meant for driving in snow and they’ll act like snow shovels and suffocate the brakes with salt and grime.
there is snow here but i dont plan to drive the car with snow in the roads,

so far i dont have plans to sell it, i honestly like the car and bought it for use it at the mountains, i just think it makes no sense to use it at the city (my own opinion)
Old 11-03-2021, 09:11 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,671 Likes on 929 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeGT3
there is snow here but i dont plan to drive the car with snow in the roads,

so far i dont have plans to sell it, i honestly like the car and bought it for use it at the mountains, i just think it makes no sense to use it at the city (my own opinion)
the obvious problem here is this forum has members from all around the world but majority is from United States. Roads within US are vastly different (A small town in Colorado vs New York City/Manhattan) let alone the differences between US and Europe. I am somewhat familiar with what roads you are referring to as “city” and here most comments that dont agree with you come from people who drive their cars in vastly different roads. Its hard to generalize this but I think it’d be like driving a GT3 in downtown Manhattan which I personally would not do.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:17 PM
JoeGT3
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
the obvious problem here is this forum has members from all around the world but majority is from United States. Roads within US are vastly different (A small town in Colorado vs New York City/Manhattan) let alone the differences between US and Europe. I am somewhat familiar with what roads you are referring to as “city” and here most comments that dont agree with you come from people who drive their cars in vastly different roads. Its hard to generalize this but I think it’d be like driving a GT3 in downtown Manhattan which I personally would not do.
yes, i think its a good comparsion but i havent seen the obstacles we have in european cities, in downtown manhattan

Quick Reply: if touring drives like winged, ppl will be disapointed but will not admit it