Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if touring drives like winged, ppl will be disapointed but will not admit it

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 10:16 AM
JoeGT3
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 61 Posts
Default if touring drives like winged, ppl will be disapointed but will not admit it

Was driving the 458 italia yesterday night over the city, at morning picked the 992 gt3 to drive on the mountains.

the ferrari is easy and confortable to drive on the city, the gt3 is not. gt3 is hard to drive, there is a lot of engine and road noise inside the car, nothing is filtered on the gt3 while it is on the ferrari, on the ferrari you can listen the engine sound clear while on the gt3 you need to down the windows to clearly listen it. You can have a conversation on the ferrari, its anoying to have one on the gt3.

i am not saying that driving the gt3 outside of the mountains or at track is a pain cause its not, but the car is not close to be a confortable ride for daily use (carbon seats are superb, suspension is superb, but the hard wheel handling, how hard you have to push the brakes and the acelerator and noise on the cabin is terrible for daily use)

So whats the point of the touring ? just the looks of not having the wing ? is anyone seriously considering to use daily the gt3 on the city having other cars ? cause i certainly not desire to drive the gt3 outside the mountains.

Just my two cents, i am sure most will not want to hear this but i think the touring is just a marketing thing and most ppl dont know what they are buying at all.

Btw, not saying the ferrari is better, just saying its much more confortable for daily use
The following 3 users liked this post by JoeGT3:
GT3 Mike (11-02-2021), heshalosny (11-02-2021), michaeldorian (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 10:21 AM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 94 Posts

I couldn't disagree more of your assessment of the new 992 GT3. I find it to be the most comfortable and approachable GT car yet.
The following 3 users liked this post by MattDFW:
arek (11-01-2021), Daft Chief (11-02-2021), JohnnyF1ve (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 10:22 AM
JoeGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by MattDFW
I couldn't disagree more of your assessment of the new 992 GT3. I find it to be the most comfortable and approachable GT car yet.
outside the city is it, but driving it on the city with traffic, i find it terrible
Old 11-01-2021, 10:24 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,744 Likes on 974 Posts

I dont think your statement and his are mutually exclusive though. He is comparing it to a 458 and you are stating "most comfortable GT car". 458 is not a GT car. Maybe among other Porsche GT cars, your statement holds but perhaps so does his when compared to 458.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:29 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,230 Likes on 481 Posts

I have had every GT car in about last 10 years, my new 992 GT3 is the only one I honestly could daily, it’s calm and comfortable around town. On some pavements tire noise can be brutal, but others not. The car is not stiff like others claim. I never drove my 991.2 3RS around town as it wasn’t pleasant for me,, new GT3 i would easily if didn’t have Taycan!
The following users liked this post:
subshooter (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 10:31 AM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
I have had every GT car in about last 10 years, my new 992 GT3 is the only one I honestly could daily, it’s calm and comfortable around town. On some pavements tire noise can be brutal, but others not. The car is not stiff like others claim. I never drove my 991.2 3RS around town as it wasn’t pleasant for me,, new GT3 i would easily if didn’t have Taycan!
Good or bad this is the truth. Enjoyed mine all weekend. 997 GT3 RS gives me thrills in other ways. Porsche nailed the latest version.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:31 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

How does the driving dynamics and sound compare to the 991.2 3RS?
Old 11-01-2021, 10:52 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Hard to gauge what some consider ok for a daily because of different tolerances. I would never DD and sports car as I like to be comfy in a SUV, but that’s me and many love to daily a sports car. So I’d say there’s no wrong or right here. It’s not the car that makes it a DD, it’s the driver.
The following 4 users liked this post by Maverick787:
colnagoG60 (11-01-2021), messiry (11-01-2021), Porsche911GTS'16 (11-01-2021), RUF RS (11-01-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 10:56 AM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
How does the driving dynamics and sound compare to the 991.2 3RS?
in my opinion every successive GT product has, dare I say it, become less raw. Bad word, I know. 992 GT3 does not transmit as many noises from motor, street like 991.2 RS. It is much nicer inside, much more liveable daily as a result. The Engine still sounds wonderful, but it needs to rev to higher band to really get noises into the cabin. Even the 991.1 S with Sport exhaust and those programmed pops are louder around town. Driving dynamics is also same as every successive product as well, steering feel is sharp but lighter each generation, but still feels great and predictable. On Track it’s so good though, was at Barber last few days on track and while the above still applies…less loud, raw…it is so much easier to drive at speed because the car is so composed and rotates due to increased front grip. GT3 is now more than ever a car you could drive to track, be faster than 99% cars there, then drive home in comfort.
The following 3 users liked this post by disden:
3-Pedals (11-01-2021), Daft Chief (11-02-2021), Tedster (11-05-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 10:58 AM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Hard to gauge what some consider ok for a daily because of different tolerances. I would never DD and sports car as I like to be comfy in a SUV, but that’s me and many love to daily a sports car. So I’d say there’s no wrong or right here. It’s not the car that makes it a DD, it’s the driver.
agree, I love my Taycan as a daily, so comfortable and calm. But, have really enjoyed driving my GT3 around racking up the 932 break in miles
AlexCeres (11-02-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 11:12 AM
JoeGT3
Racer

in my opinion every successive GT product has, dare I say it, become less raw. Bad word, I know. 992 GT3 does not transmit as many noises from motor, street like 991.2 RS. It is much nicer inside, much more liveable daily as a result. The Engine still sounds wonderful, but it needs to rev to higher band to really get noises into the cabin. Even the 991.1 S with Sport exhaust and those programmed pops are louder around town. Driving dynamics is also same as every successive product as well, steering feel is sharp but lighter each generation, but still feels great and predictable. On Track it’s so good though, was at Barber last few days on track and while the above still applies…less loud, raw…it is so much easier to drive at speed because the car is so composed and rotates due to increased front grip. GT3 is now more than ever a car you could drive to track, be faster than 99% cars there, then drive home in comfort.
what do you think about the engine power at low rpms ? i find it quite dead, pressing the acelerator until the end when i am in 2nd gear or 3rd gear driving arround town and feel like the car has turbo lag (yes i know the car dosent has turbo)

btw not a hater, just want to know what others think
Old 11-01-2021, 11:16 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Not knocking the below poster, but it’s timely to this discussion. Ride quality as a DD is not the car, but what a person can enjoy and we all have different levels what we call enjoyment. Many friends I drive in my 675LT hate it as it has no insulation, but the car guys love it because you hear every pebble in the road and ever sound from the engine. Can I DD hell no I would lose my hearing(:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1275...resses-me.html
Daft Chief (11-02-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 11:18 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Thank you
Old 11-01-2021, 11:58 AM
logical
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Agree Matt. This gut is an incredibly comfortable and easy car to drive. My previous 991.1 and 991.2mt gt3’s were easy because they had 18 way seats, but the 992 even with buckets is comfortable to drive the suspension taking bumps better better than either of the other two. In the end we are all different, but all seem to be enjoying the 992gt3 very much.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:17 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

I think some people do not like the drony noise tires make. There is that very low frequency "hummmm" noise that they make and depending on what roads you have where you live, this "hummm" might become really loud to the point of not being tolerable. I know this for example with my GT3RS, I cannot drive on concrete roads for very long and I love loud cars, too loud in fact for most people but tire noise is not like engine noise or exhaust note. The car got bigger in 992 and heavier, to keep the weight down, Porsche removed a lot of sound deadening and made the rear glass and rear side glasses all plastic like RS. This will transmit substantially more other noise into the cabin than the previous GT3. Also I dont know what anyone is talking about but the 991.2 GT3 had this buttery smooth ride to it. The steering was very relaxed. The RS is much busier. The steering is dartier (in that even the slightest touch moves the car around which can be a good or a bad thing mid curve). The ride is compliant still but much stiffer. The tire noise is quite a bit more. You hear every brake squeak, ABS pump, PDK gears and RWS pump do stuff. Lots of heat shielding noise be it them resonating against each other or little pebbles hitting all kinds of heat shields. All this adds to the character of the car but unfortunately I think some people like the OP who prefer the more Ferrari like refined/soft characteristics will not like the new GT3. As Matt said in one of the first reviews, the new GT3 is an RS in all aspects.

Last edited by 3-Pedals; 11-01-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Quick Reply: if touring drives like winged, ppl will be disapointed but will not admit it