Sponsored by:

Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 12:15 AM
SMSTX
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by n2cars
This morning my TYD had my car arriving at the dealer in 22 days. Tonight TYD has it arriving in 280 days. Anyone else had their TYD change?
for the Composer?
yea… me too.

Spoke to my SA earlier today, she mentioned that they don’t expect the cars to come before end of April, maybe that has something to do with this.

Old 04-01-2022, 10:58 AM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by SMSTX
for the Composer?
yea… me too.

Spoke to my SA earlier today, she mentioned that they don’t expect the cars to come before end of April, maybe that has something to do with this.
Composer pulled out of Houston 48 hours ago. Hopefully we will know soon about the condition of our cars.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:07 AM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 234 Likes on 134 Posts

Composer/Houston news. Here's the latest directly from Porsche (and I'm paraphrasing and conjecturing) . I got this news very late last night and things may have changed again. The dealer arrival dates we all got for 4/22, 4/15 etc are not accurate. Normally the cars are rolled off the boat and go to PDI. The issue really has to do with Porsche paper work PVMS. The cars need to be inspected before going to PDI. But, to get the cars off the boat the PVMS has to have dates that are more accurate (conjecture and paraphrasing) instead of 01/30/2023 like mine. So Porsche put arrival dates into the PVMS that were closer to the original date just to satisfy the paper work issue. I'm thinking all the cars need to be inspected before we hear accurate news. I hope all this makes sense?
Old 04-01-2022, 11:09 AM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kets007
Is your car at Benicia?
sorry for the confusion. no, my car is in Houston. was on the Composer.
The following users liked this post:
kets007 (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 11:17 AM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SMSTX
for the Composer?
yea… me too.

Yes, my dealer said the same thing. Would be very lucky to see my car by the end of April. I'm thinking May even if the car didn't sustain any damage.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Bigdogbob
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by n2cars
Composer/Houston news. Here's the latest directly from Porsche (and I'm paraphrasing and conjecturing) . I got this news very late last night and things may have changed again. The dealer arrival dates we all got for 4/22, 4/15 etc are not accurate. Normally the cars are rolled off the boat and go to PDI. The issue really has to do with Porsche paper work PVMS. The cars need to be inspected before going to PDI. But, to get the cars off the boat the PVMS has to have dates that are more accurate (conjecture and paraphrasing) instead of 01/30/2023 like mine. So Porsche put arrival dates into the PVMS that were closer to the original date just to satisfy the paper work issue. I'm thinking all the cars need to be inspected before we hear accurate news. I hope all this makes sense?
it makes sense. I don’t mind it taking longer I just wish Porsche would over communicate in this situation.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:22 AM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

West Coast bound cars.

Glovis Supreme delayed. Arriving in Emden on 4/3 now.

Glovis Champion arriving today.

Last edited by smiles11; 04-01-2022 at 11:33 AM.
TripleL (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 04:25 PM
ohheyitsme
8th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by seatactony
For cars delivered via Sigma to SD this past week, would be great if everyone could confirm when their cars move from "port processing" to "en route to dealer."
Just spoke to my SA, he said a few cars have been coming in from SD to BH Porsche. Mine is still at port waiting on an amp part for the Burmester. Another car with the same issue got released yesterday, so he said shouldn't be long. He did say that the Bose systems are taking longer. Anyone else hear similar?
Old 04-01-2022, 06:45 PM
Zero757
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

So my sense now is that TYD is a lot smarter than we all thought. It must be considering human error along the way and be extra conservative in its estimation. Hear me out, I promise I'll stop posting on the thread soon!

For example: I get a call from our dealer yesterday: The car is here! Yeah! We go there, all excited, ooh and ahh over the machine and now must wait for PDI. All about 14 days earlier than TYD.
At 9:50am I get a call from the SA - I'm thinking he's going to tell me that PDI is complete, but instead hear that they have efff'd it up royally, cracked the windshield, and chipped the paint on the hood. At first I thought it was April 1st and a bad joke at that, but alas, it was real, sad and left me speechless. Went to the shop to assess the damage and hear the how and why and what can be done.
Turns out during PDI one guy left the wipers without blade standing up to snap in a blade, another guy opened the bonnet to get something out. Bonnet and wiper collided, chipping the edge off the bonnet and the wiper, still without rubber blade, snapped back onto the windshield cracking the sh*t out of it.
Bottom line, they happen to have a spare windshield and won't need to repaint the entire hood but think they can touch it up so it becomes invisible. We'll see. I now fear for the dash, the CF roof and the rest of the car getting further damaged while this repair is going down.
Of course, this will take some time....and sadly, quite disappointingly, although they apologized profusely, they did not offer me ANY compensation, not even a crappy coffee mug. That's just cheap considering the price of the car, the damage, the disappointment and the delay they caused.(*) I guess the overall character of car salesmen just has not changed, used or new, high end or middle of the road. Sad but true.
(*) And that is where I think TYD had more smarts / ESP by setting my expectation to a 4/15 delivery...they even sent me two, not one, but two emails at noon today informing me that my car is now on a truck on the way to the dealership. How I wish that were still true....

Last edited by Zero757; 04-01-2022 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:37 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,906 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Damn Zero sorry to hear that! It is rare and good news that they have another windshield in inventory because that could've been a very long delay if not.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:42 PM
CPL55
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero757
So my sense now is that TYD is a lot smarter than we all thought. It must be considering human error along the way and be extra conservative in its estimation. Hear me out, I promise I'll stop posting on the thread soon!

For example: I get a call from our dealer yesterday: The car is here! Yeah! We go there, all excited, ooh and ahh over the machine and now must wait for PDI. All about 14 days earlier than TYD.
At 9:50am I get a call from the SA - I'm thinking he's going to tell me that PDI is complete, but instead hear that they have efff'd it up royally, cracked the windshield, and chipped the paint on the hood. At first I thought it was April 1st and a bad joke at that, but alas, it was real, sad and left me speechless. Went to the shop to assess the damage and hear the how and why and what can be done.
Turns out during PDI one guy left the wipers without blade standing up to snap in a blade, another guy opened the bonnet to get something out. Bonnet and wiper collided, chipping the edge off the bonnet and the wiper, still without rubber blade, snapped back onto the windshield cracking the sh*t out of it.
Bottom line, they happen to have a spare windshield and won't need to repaint the entire hood but think they can touch it up so it becomes invisible. We'll see. I now fear for the dash, the CF roof and the rest of the car getting further damaged while this repair is going down.
Of course, this will take some time....and sadly, quite disappointingly, although they apologized profusely, they did not offer me ANY compensation, not even a crappy coffee mug. That's just cheap considering the price of the car, the damage, the disappointment and the delay they caused.(*) I guess the overall character of car salesmen just has not changed, used or new, high end or middle of the road. Sad but true.
(*) And that is where I think TYD had more smarts / ESP by setting my expectation to a 4/15 delivery...they even sent me two, not one, but two emails at noon today informing me that my car is now on a truck on the way to the dealership. How I wish that were still true....
Oh no! That is sickening, and so frustrating. It's always scary to hear about how even Porsche dealers can't be trusted not to make mistakes that damage cars. Also disappointing that sales side of things hasn't done anything to try to express their regret and take the edge off the situation. I hope this will be resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.
Old 04-01-2022, 08:05 PM
cucu
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

There really should be some compensation for this mess. That windshield will not be like the one factory installed in Germany. Especially considering how they messed it up, I wouldn't trust their work anymore. Touch up the hood? That won't be factory new anymore either. I know the market is crazy now but as you said, that is a lot of money and if there isn't any form of compensation for something like this, on a new car, I'd honestly consider walking away...
Old 04-01-2022, 08:07 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

I wouldn’t worry about the windshield. Chances are it was going to crack sooner or later with the lightweight glass issue. I’d be more concerned with how well your dealership can hide the mark on the bonnet. Maybe request some photos of the damage prior to their fixing it.
Crazy Eddie (04-02-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 09:24 PM
cucu
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Right, maybe the idea of just walking away is a bit too extreme but I'd at least make sure that dealer will understand that I'm never ever setting foot anywhere near their service in the future. If this happens during a PDI, exactly the same or worse can happen during any maintenance visit.
Old 04-01-2022, 10:01 PM
redpriest
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 95 Posts

That is crazy. Dodged being sunk in a fire or damaged in rough seas only to get mauled by the dealership on the home stretch.

Still sitting at port processing for me.

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA