Sponsored by:

Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 09:35 AM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by jblaw
My shark blue car is supposed to be on a boat on 1/21 — how do I know which? Thanks!
Ask your SA. They should know.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:58 PM
Kosstick
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jblaw
My shark blue car is supposed to be on a boat on 1/21 — how do I know which? Thanks!
Mine too. Supposed to be in San Diego 2/18. Would love to know which boat.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:53 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

FYSA - see below:

Porsche Vehicle Shipping Trackinghttp://www.pwl.de/en

On the middle right side of the screen under “Liner Schedules” select trade lane “US West - and East Coast"
Then under select carrier choose “Volkswagen Konzernlogistik Export”

Your web browser will download a PDF file containing the shipping schedule for the next month. Find your expected V332 Exit Port Emden date on your build schedule and then look under the “Expected Loadready Emden” column on the shipping schedule. Find the vessel with the closest load ready date and you can look across that vessel’s row to see the planned shipping schedule. This will give you an idea and when you can expect the ship to arrive at your US port. To figure out which port your car will be unloaded look at the U002 Entry Port event on your build schedule. It will say “Entry Port XXXX”. These schedules can easily change based on weather.

Once you have verified through your dealer that your vehicle has completed V332, they should be able to provide you with the actual ship name. Usually it should be the same based on the Liner Schedule above, but sometimes they will load your vehicle onto a different ship due to other factors. Once you get confirmation which ship your vehicle is on, you can use one of the following website to track the ship.

https://www.vesselfinder.com
Entry your ship name in the search field. These websites will track your ship when they are within about 100 miles of shore. Once the ship has reached the open ocean you will lose tracking. You can pay extra to track in the open ocean by satellite if you want.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/
This site typically provides better updates but is less friendly to use.

The ships will typically anchor offshore for 12-36 hours prior to entering port. Then they typically spend 12-24 hours in port for unloading vehicles. This is normal. Atlantic crossing typically takes 6-10 days and if your Entry Port is on the West Coast (i.e. San Diego) remember the ship will need to go through the Panama canal which adds additional time.

U002 Entry Port XXXX This is when your car arrives in North America. Once your car is unloaded from the ship it will go through an inspection by Porsche and through customs. This can take anywhere from 24 hours to several weeks. Everything from back logs, to minor vehicle issues, to customs can impact this time. At this point your dealer will not be able to provide any details except when the car has actually left the port on a truck.

U003 Exit Port XXXX Now your car has left port and is on a truck. This can take anywhere from 24 hours to a week to travel from port to your dealer. Most dealers rely on Porsche Corporate to transport the vehicle so as a result your dealer will probably not be able to provide much detail other than the dates in the Porsche system. There is not a way to track your vehicle when it’s on the truck unless your dealer is using their own transportation which is rare.

Once your vehicle arrives at the dealer, they will most likely need a couple of days to perform a final vehicle prep and inspection. Most dealers will let you see the car during this process so you can get you first glimpse of the car.

Old 01-16-2022, 08:15 PM
Kosstick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAMilford
FYSA - see below:

Porsche Vehicle Shipping Trackinghttp://www.pwl.de/en

On the middle right side of the screen under “Liner Schedules” select trade lane “US West - and East Coast"
Then under select carrier choose “Volkswagen Konzernlogistik Export”

Your web browser will download a PDF file containing the shipping schedule for the next month. Find your expected V332 Exit Port Emden date on your build schedule and then look under the “Expected Loadready Emden” column on the shipping schedule. Find the vessel with the closest load ready date and you can look across that vessel’s row to see the planned shipping schedule. This will give you an idea and when you can expect the ship to arrive at your US port. To figure out which port your car will be unloaded look at the U002 Entry Port event on your build schedule. It will say “Entry Port XXXX”. These schedules can easily change based on weather.

Once you have verified through your dealer that your vehicle has completed V332, they should be able to provide you with the actual ship name. Usually it should be the same based on the Liner Schedule above, but sometimes they will load your vehicle onto a different ship due to other factors. Once you get confirmation which ship your vehicle is on, you can use one of the following website to track the ship.

https://www.vesselfinder.com
Entry your ship name in the search field. These websites will track your ship when they are within about 100 miles of shore. Once the ship has reached the open ocean you will lose tracking. You can pay extra to track in the open ocean by satellite if you want.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/
This site typically provides better updates but is less friendly to use.

The ships will typically anchor offshore for 12-36 hours prior to entering port. Then they typically spend 12-24 hours in port for unloading vehicles. This is normal. Atlantic crossing typically takes 6-10 days and if your Entry Port is on the West Coast (i.e. San Diego) remember the ship will need to go through the Panama canal which adds additional time.

U002 Entry Port XXXX This is when your car arrives in North America. Once your car is unloaded from the ship it will go through an inspection by Porsche and through customs. This can take anywhere from 24 hours to several weeks. Everything from back logs, to minor vehicle issues, to customs can impact this time. At this point your dealer will not be able to provide any details except when the car has actually left the port on a truck.

U003 Exit Port XXXX Now your car has left port and is on a truck. This can take anywhere from 24 hours to a week to travel from port to your dealer. Most dealers rely on Porsche Corporate to transport the vehicle so as a result your dealer will probably not be able to provide much detail other than the dates in the Porsche system. There is not a way to track your vehicle when it’s on the truck unless your dealer is using their own transportation which is rare.

Once your vehicle arrives at the dealer, they will most likely need a couple of days to perform a final vehicle prep and inspection. Most dealers will let you see the car during this process so you can get you first glimpse of the car.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that list has yet to be updated to 2022
Old 01-16-2022, 08:34 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Kosstick
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that list has yet to be updated to 2022
They update their spreadsheet postings nominally every month. If they have not posted the latest on http://www.pwl.de/en then I recommend you use the "contact us" link and send an email to Patricia politely asking for the latest .... they are usually very responsive.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:53 AM
Kosstick
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback! They responded back with the following schedule.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:29 PM
Sully819
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Kosstick
Thanks for the feedback! They responded back with the following schedule.
thanks for posting!

If it’s not too much trouble, can you post the part of the schedule that shows which ports the ships are going to.
Best!
Old 01-17-2022, 01:49 PM
Kosstick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sully819
thanks for posting!

If it’s not too much trouble, can you post the part of the schedule that shows which ports the ships are going to.
Best!
I attached the file fellas! Enjoy. My TYD says 1/21 departure from emden and that lines up with Dionysus leader vessel but it was supposed to be in Belgium yesterday and doesn’t have a port call to Emden yet.

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
Kopie von WESTBOUND.xlsx (42.1 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by Kosstick; 01-17-2022 at 01:55 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kosstick:
Sully819 (01-17-2022), Todd C (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 06:56 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Car officially cleared customs on the 11th and now awaiting transport to Scottsdale. I know times can vary for the shipping but what’s the longest someone has had to wait with their car stuck at port.

I mean I know it’s only one day but am thinking Porsche app is saying delivery to dealer on the 28th. That’s over 2 weeks from now. Preparing for worst case scenario.
Its been roughly a week since the car hit the port and no delivery in sight. Hunkering down for another long week.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:41 PM
GTDrivershop
Former Vendor

Received 120 Likes on 56 Posts

Its been roughly a week since the car hit the port and no delivery in sight. Hunkering down for another long week.
Yippie, I don't want to alarm you but I think it best to share my recent experience. My car offloaded in JAX on November 20th, cleared PDI in 48 hours, and then sat there for another 28 days before it got to the dealer and me finally picking it up on December 23rd!. No damage or delay was reported as a reason for the delay. All the other P cars I've had usually take a week or at most 10 days to get to the dealer. Things are definitely different now with staffing or other changes that the world is experiencing.

So, what can I suggest?... do what I did...

Last edited by GTDrivershop; 01-17-2022 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:02 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTDrivershop
Yippie, I don't want to alarm you but I think it best to share my recent experience. My car offloaded in JAX on November 20th, cleared PDI in 48 hours, and then sat there for another 28 days before it got to the dealer and me finally picking it up on December 23rd!. No damage or delay was reported as a reason for the delay. All the other P cars I've had usually take a week or at most 10 days to get to the dealer. Things are definitely different now with staffing or other changes that the world is experiencing.

So, what can I suggest?... do what I did...

Im braced for the worst. The problem is that I was originally going to do PECLA delivery. But the first available appointment they could give me was end of March. I’m like wtf?? So I cancelled abs they said they could reroute the car to my dealership. But since it’s only a single car, it’s just waiting on a truck. Could be a week, could be a month. Either way I’ve got a cashiers check on standby by with my bank. Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:18 PM
GTDrivershop
Former Vendor

Im braced for the worst. The problem is that I was originally going to do PECLA delivery. But the first available appointment they could give me was end of March. I’m like wtf?? So I cancelled abs they said they could reroute the car to my dealership. But since it’s only a single car, it’s just waiting on a truck. Could be a week, could be a month. Either way I’ve got a cashiers check on standby by with my bank. Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
I’m wishing your car a speedy exit from port and keeping fingers crossed. I know that whenever you get your hands on it, all the pain of waiting will disappear and you’re going to love this car. This iteration of the GT3 is spectacular!
Old 01-17-2022, 10:27 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTDrivershop
I’m wishing your car a speedy exit from port and keeping fingers crossed. I know that whenever you get your hands on it, all the pain of waiting will disappear and you’re going to love this car. This iteration of the GT3 is spectacular!

Thank you kind sir! Very much appreciated.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:02 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Well- track my dream says the car is on a truck.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:31 AM
GTDrivershop
Former Vendor

Well- track my dream says the car is on a truck.
Time to get your skates on matey!! That’s about the only thing TYD is timely about. Hooray!

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA