Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waitlisted...pre-trade Carrera S now for Touring?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 06:58 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Curious which state is this?
TX
Old 10-05-2021, 11:47 AM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 218 Posts

Last edited by thigos; 10-07-2021 at 12:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 02:11 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
huh? I hope you're actually kidding here. OP obviously matters, he has a Porsche and is looking to upgrade. Every customer matters. Assuming he doesn't matter is elitist b*lls*it.
After experiencing some other elitism and backstabbing behavior in the workplace over the last couple weeks, hearing "People that really matter" is just stupid and probably shouldn't be coming out of anyone's mouth, period. Not even in Afghanistan.
Your recent experiences are why you are reading more into to ipse's post that you should. At no point did ipse say "OP doesn't matter" as you have inferred ipse to have said when he clearly did not. What Ipse said is nothing more that a factually accurate statement about the realities of our world and that is, the Jerry Seinfelds and other notables that Porsche thinks would reflect well on their brand are not placed on lists nor do need to negotiate timing of their delivery.

There is no need for you to take out your feelings regarding those nefarious individuals at your work place out on Ipse, he isn't one of them.

Dan (regards Ipse highly based upon in person meetings and, his character and conduct online)
Mercuriell (10-06-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 10:07 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

It was inferred..."People that really matter" aren't on lists...right? What complete garbage. Jerry Seinfeld gets his Porsche, fine, but other customers DO matter.
Old 10-06-2021, 03:20 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

It was inferred..."People that really matter" aren't on lists...right? What complete garbage. Jerry Seinfeld gets his Porsche, fine, but other customers DO matter.
You really believe everyone "DO matter" equally and, that we should all get our GT3s? That sounds typical of someone from your state, or mine. Maybe, everyone should be entitled to one and, it should be state subsidized the way you're preaching. Truth is, 99% of people in this world who want a GT3 won't get one. And, on the other hand, a few will have no problems getting one and may have first dibs because they were able to buy a close to $1M 918 and, these folks don't have to be on any kind of list whatsoever. And, yes, those people really matter to Porsche. You don't like it, well, that's just too bad because that's life.

Dan (knows he doesn't matter, much, to Porsche and has no problem accepting reality)
Tedster (10-06-2021)
Old 10-07-2021, 03:02 AM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by hfm
You really believe everyone "DO matter" equally and, that we should all get our GT3s? That sounds typical of someone from your state, or mine. Maybe, everyone should be entitled to one and, it should be state subsidized the way you're preaching. Truth is, 99% of people in this world who want a GT3 won't get one. And, on the other hand, a few will have no problems getting one and may have first dibs because they were able to buy a close to $1M 918 and, these folks don't have to be on any kind of list whatsoever. And, yes, those people really matter to Porsche. You don't like it, well, that's just too bad because that's life.

Dan (knows he doesn't matter, much, to Porsche and has no problem accepting reality)
Folks that put down a deposit, get on a list, wait in line, have the means, and some that even pony up ADM deserve to get one if they have a history with the brand and a dealer, for sure, as long as production capacity can handle it. Wait in line like everybody else…that’s ideal, but I understand life isn’t that way.

However: Life should also NOT be about condescending language referencing an OP that simply wants to upgrade over an already good C2S. Respect. It’s as simple as that. If you don’t get that, I cannot help you.

It’s elitist language and yes, I do call it out, and I’m not the only one who does.

Customers can get sour on a brand really quickly when they get leapfrogged after they’ve been waiting. Then it trickles down to the whole family. Not good business.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:27 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Folks that put down a deposit, get on a list, wait in line, have the means, and some that even pony up ADM deserve to get one if they have a history with the brand and a dealer, for sure, as long as production capacity can handle it. Wait in line like everybody else…that’s ideal, but I understand life isn’t that way.

However: Life should also NOT be about condescending language referencing an OP that simply wants to upgrade over an already good C2S. Respect. It’s as simple as that. If you don’t get that, I cannot help you.

It’s elitist language and yes, I do call it out, and I’m not the only one who does.

Customers can get sour on a brand really quickly when they get leapfrogged after they’ve been waiting. Then it trickles down to the whole family. Not good business.
Saying there are people who don't need to be on a list isn't condescending, it's a statement of fact. Again, you seem to think Ipse directed his comment to OP when he did not. And, you have problems with elitism on a sub-forum dedicated to a vehicle that is properly described as elite. Frankly, I don't think OP needs a SJW to defend him, he never asked for one. He got good opinions, made a decision and moved on. But, you seem to be stuck on criticizing a forum member and, now, the Porsche brand. Why?

Dan (doesn't think Porsche needs your help to run their business)
Old 10-08-2021, 12:00 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

Y’all are funny. We are ALL bougie!

Last edited by dmk2; 10-08-2021 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-08-2021, 12:20 AM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by hfm
Saying there are people who don't need to be on a list isn't condescending, it's a statement of fact. Again, you seem to think Ipse directed his comment to OP when he did not. And, you have problems with elitism on a sub-forum dedicated to a vehicle that is properly described as elite. Frankly, I don't think OP needs a SJW to defend him, he never asked for one. He got good opinions, made a decision and moved on. But, you seem to be stuck on criticizing a forum member and, now, the Porsche brand. Why?

C'mon now. I think we both know there's a difference between an elite vehicle, as you say, and elitist language. They have COMPLETELY different intentions. You are incorrectly merging the two. Ferdinand Porsche was an engineer, not a G-D elitist, and neither was Ferry. Get your facts in alignment!

Chance (must have struck a nerve, eh?)
Old 10-08-2021, 03:09 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

C'mon now. I think we both know there's a difference between an elite vehicle, as you say, and elitist language. They have COMPLETELY different intentions. You are incorrectly merging the two. Ferdinand Porsche was an engineer, not a G-D elitist, and neither was Ferry. Get your facts in alignment!

Chance (must have struck a nerve, eh?)
The indignation of the social injustice that few should not have to wait for a six figure car where others get passed over runs strong in the warrior in you. Cancel all those who dare state the existence of such blasphemy!

Dan (wonders if you would get so worked up if the subject were a Camry)
Old 10-08-2021, 01:36 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm

Yep, I don't think Ipse directed his comment to me...and even if he did, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. I take Ipse's comments here as pretty matter-of-fact, and I don't think he is wrong in the slightest. From a dealer's perspective, I'm certain there are people that matter more to the dealer than others. The only thing that helps me 'matter' somewhat, in this instance, is my possession of 992 C2S that happens to be in fairly high demand at the moment. There are clients with a LOT more going for them to make them 'matter' in the eyes of a dealer (celebrity status, high-volume buyer, F-you money for astronomical ADMs, etc.), and I fully expect if one of them expresses interest in an allocation when it comes up, they'll get it before me. It would be disappointing, and I would get over it.

In any case, the discussion around what you have to do and/or who you have to be to acquire one of these cars at the moment can illicit a strong emotional response. Taking life seriously means not taking this sort of stuff too seriously, and I have to remind myself of this often.
Old 10-08-2021, 02:06 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,854 Likes on 5,175 Posts

Please allow me to clarify something.

Nothing I said here regarding how some people "matter more" than others was meant to be derogatory to anyone here, or IRL. It was meant simply as a descriptive term, not a normative one in any sense of the term.

If I offended anyone, my apologies.

As to the OP, he and I have conversed off-line, and I trust he understands both the connotation and annotation of my message posted.

Having said that, perhaps we can now go back to discussing what the OP originally intended this post for -- i.e., pretrading in a car for a Touring slot? Thank you.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
jfr0317 (10-08-2021), Marantz2270 (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 02:21 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Please allow me to clarify something.

Nothing I said here regarding how some people "matter more" than others was meant to be derogatory to anyone here, or IRL. It was meant simply as a descriptive term, not a normative one in any sense of the term.

If I offended anyone, my apologies.

As to the OP, he and I have conversed off-line, and I trust he understands both the connotation and annotation of my message posted.

Having said that, perhaps we can now go back to discussing what the OP originally intended this post for -- i.e., pretrading in a car for a Touring slot? Thank you.
Thanks for chiming in Ipse. I didn't want to speak for you outright, but I knew there was nothing remotely derogatory behind your words. For my part, I was never offended whatsoever, and I value your contributions on RL.

To everyone else: As Ipse mentioned, we have conversed offline, and Ipse has been nothing but courteous and helpful to me as a newer P-car owner and navigator of the high-end car market.
The following 2 users liked this post by Marantz2270:
hfm (10-08-2021), jfr0317 (10-08-2021)
Old 10-09-2021, 01:27 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Marantz2270
Yep, I don't think Ipse directed his comment to me...and even if he did, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. I take Ipse's comments here as pretty matter-of-fact, and I don't think he is wrong in the slightest. From a dealer's perspective, I'm certain there are people that matter more to the dealer than others. The only thing that helps me 'matter' somewhat, in this instance, is my possession of 992 C2S that happens to be in fairly high demand at the moment. There are clients with a LOT more going for them to make them 'matter' in the eyes of a dealer (celebrity status, high-volume buyer, F-you money for astronomical ADMs, etc.), and I fully expect if one of them expresses interest in an allocation when it comes up, they'll get it before me. It would be disappointing, and I would get over it.

In any case, the discussion around what you have to do and/or who you have to be to acquire one of these cars at the moment can illicit a strong emotional response. Taking life seriously means not taking this sort of stuff too seriously, and I have to remind myself of this often.
Beautiful! Let's move on then...

Probably even more disappointing for some that pre-traded a Porsche a long time ago and continue to wait, and/or got leapfrogged.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:13 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

One thing I'll note here that I forgot to mention initially: I've been told that being local to a dealership is an advantage when it comes to securing an allocation. I'm not sure why though...anyone know why this might be the case? I'm not sure why a dealer would care one way or another.

Quick Reply: Waitlisted...pre-trade Carrera S now for Touring?