Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European delivery update

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 09:19 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

European Council vote today to restrict travel in European countries. However, it’s not mandatory for the individual countries to follow the Council recommendation. This should give countries considerable leeway in how they manage the restrictions.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:27 AM
JoeGT3
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 61 Posts

a friend told me that his SA called today to cancel his factory delivery, aparently factory delivers for 2021 have been canceled.
just some info so you guys can know what to expect
Old 08-30-2021, 09:46 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeGT3
a friend told me that his SA called today to cancel his factory delivery, aparently factory delivers for 2021 have been canceled.
just some info so you guys can know what to expect
This is not true, yet.

Factory tours are cancelled.

I received an email from ED this morning on a follow up question. No indication that anything has been cancelled.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:29 AM
JoeGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by raymort
This is not true, yet.

Factory tours are cancelled.

I received an email from ED this morning on a follow up question. No indication that anything has been cancelled.
do you think i need to come here with a lie ? believe whatever you want.
i was offered factory pickup with my order and i said no, a friend of mine (we both have a gt3 order with the same SA) signed for it. He got a call today from our SA telling him factory pickups for 2021 are canceled

Last edited by JoeGT3; 08-30-2021 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:32 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

do you think i need to come here with a lie ? believe whatever you want.
i was offered factory pickup with my order and i said no, a friend of mine (we both have a gt3 order with the same the SA) signed for it. He got a call today from our SA telling him factory pickups for 2021 are canceled
No, I just think you SA knows less than the European Delivery point person at PCNA. I have a booked ED for October and they sent me my hotel reservation on Friday.

Perhaps the SA was confused with the "factory tours" for ED are cancelled, which is true and was announced middle of last week.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:33 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

I can attest to there being poor communication flow across dealerships. The confusion / denial about port delays and 2022 production schedule changes are good examples.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:37 AM
JoeGT3
Racer

No, I just think you SA knows less than the European Delivery point person at PCNA. I have a booked ED for October and they sent me my hotel reservation on Friday.

Perhaps the SA was confused with the "factory tours" for ED are cancelled, which is true and was announced middle of last week.
i live in Europe, this was a factory pickup from an order placed in Europe. I would be surprised Europeans cant do factory pickups but Americans can, but one never knows ...
Old 08-30-2021, 10:46 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

i live in Europe, this was a factory pickup from an order placed in Europe. I would be surprised Europeans cant do factory pickups but Americans can, but one never knows ...
It also could that they have closed the scheduling for any new EDs for 2021.

My reference is for US, and it's still a go (as of 8/30/2021).
Old 08-30-2021, 10:54 AM
JoeGT3
Racer

It also could that they have closed the scheduling for any new EDs for 2021.

My reference is for US, and it's still a go (as of 8/30/2021).
both of our orders are from february 2021, i think his factory pickup was something like next week. My delivery date as today is for October 8th. I will call the SA next week if i dont have any news

just take this info as what it is : european info
Old 08-30-2021, 10:59 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

both of our orders are from february 2021, i think his factory pickup was something like next week. My delivery date as today is for October 8th. I will call the SA next week if i dont have any news

just take this info as what it is : european info
Thanks for the info. It may also be PAG decided this today and PCNA hasn't received the news yet. It is only 9:00 am local time for them.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:22 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 108 Posts

Just got this email:

After speaking with our PAG counterparts this morning, we have several important updates. Due to ongoing supply chain issues and covid-19 regulations, we are forced to reschedule your European Delivery. Furthermore, winter wheels should be added to your vehicle if this option was not previously selected. We can only strongly recommend you do this, however, German police are extra vigilant and will impound your vehicle if you are stopped. I’m extremely sorry to be the bearer of bad news and we’ll do our best to make this an amazing Porsche experience. If you wish to cancel European Delivery, we can have your vehicle sent to the dealership or to PEC Atlanta/PEC LA for a no charge delivery experience. Please let me know how you would like to proceed at your earliest convenience.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:30 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin
Just got this email:

After speaking with our PAG counterparts this morning, we have several important updates. Due to ongoing supply chain issues and covid-19 regulations, we are forced to reschedule your European Delivery. Furthermore, winter wheels should be added to your vehicle if this option was not previously selected. We can only strongly recommend you do this, however, German police are extra vigilant and will impound your vehicle if you are stopped. I’m extremely sorry to be the bearer of bad news and we’ll do our best to make this an amazing Porsche experience. If you wish to cancel European Delivery, we can have your vehicle sent to the dealership or to PEC Atlanta/PEC LA for a no charge delivery experience. Please let me know how you would like to proceed at your earliest convenience.
When was your ED scheduled to occur?

What is your current production status and est date of completion?

Another person got the same email.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:35 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

When was your ED scheduled to occur?

What is your current production status and est date of completion?

Another person got the same email.
they want to reschedule deliver for late November but too late in the year for ED for me. Think I’ll take the Atlanta delivery option
Old 09-02-2021, 01:04 PM
incursion
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin
they want to reschedule deliver for late November but too late in the year for ED for me. Think I’ll take the Atlanta delivery option
When was your delivery scheduled? I'm scheduled for 10/18 and haven't received an email yet.
The following users liked this post:
raymort (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 01:06 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Originally Posted by incursion
When was your delivery scheduled? I'm scheduled for 10/18 and haven't received an email yet.
10/11

Quick Reply: European delivery update