Sponsored by:

992 GT3 Touring Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 03:18 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,968 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by HydroLogic
I may be the outlier here. I got one of 3 touring allocations from my dealer. The other 2 agreed to a $50K ADM while I agreed to a $25K ADM. My Porsche history has been very brief. I purchased a very used 2007 Boxster S as an "in-between fun car" after I turned my E63S back after the lease was up and was waiting on my new SQ7. I had no previous interest in Porsche but I figured a $20K convertible could be fun while I waited for my new DD. Well, I fell in love. I took it to Laguna twice and fell deeper in love. Called the dealer that sold me the boxster and asked about Spyder allocations. He had one that locked in 2 weeks. I pulled the trigger and 3 months later it arrived. Holy crap what a car! Started obsessing and reading as much as could on RL. Was on the hunt for a 991.2 touring. I am NOT paying the ridiculously inflated prices these days for a used car. Besides that, I couldn't really find one I loved. I'm not into yellow or red stitching or seat belts. I looked high and low for a long time. There was a grey one that was pretty cool but it was $45K over list with 6,500 miles. Gave up on 991.2 turings. Enter the 992 Touring. RL has been going crazy over allocations and ADM's. Been talking to my dealer and landed an allocation. Planning PTS and CXX options as it will be a keeper. So Porsche history has been about 7 months with a used beater boxster and a new spyder. Guess I got very lucky!
And you're in Cali?
Old 03-29-2021, 03:27 AM
HydroLogic
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
And you're in Cali?
correct
Old 03-30-2021, 08:21 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

Can't wait for the configurator to go live tomorrow!!!

My allocation is for a "Touring" and not a classic and I am pretty certain that the configurator tomorrow will only be for the winged car, never the less, I can't wait!!!
Old 03-30-2021, 08:29 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,256 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMilford
Can't wait for the configurator to go live tomorrow!!!

My allocation is for a "Touring" and not a classic and I am pretty certain that the configurator tomorrow will only be for the winged car, never the less, I can't wait!!!
Correct. No Touring in the configurator until likely May after it is debuted.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:03 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 719 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
Correct. No Touring in the configurator until likely May after it is debuted.
Let us know if u get a comission number today for the touring please
Old 03-31-2021, 08:53 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,256 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
No commission numbers until your car is actually ordered. No one will have a Touring CN for months.
If they tell you otherwise they’re lying
Old 03-31-2021, 10:20 AM
JAMilford
Racer

For reference, here is a table of Porsche Manufacturing Codes that shows the build process to include assignment of a Commission Number after status V200 is achieved.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:24 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 719 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMilford
For reference, here is a table of Porsche Manufacturing Codes that shows the build process to include assignment of a Commission Number after status V200 is achieved.

in this case can it be submitted without a porsche code from the configurator?
Old 03-31-2021, 12:18 PM
JAMilford
Racer

in this case can it be submitted without a porsche code from the configurator?
The Porsche Vehicle Management System (VMS) is completely separate from the on-line configurator. The V-Codes shown are from the VMS and only dealers have access to that system. A configurator code configuration can easily be imported into the VMS by a dealer but a configurator code is not required by the VMS. When a customer sits down with a Brand Ambassador at a dealership, they can directly enter as few or as many options into the VMS as they desire without the need for any configurator code. Hope this explanation helps.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:30 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Do you think the reason that the Touring is such a seperate thing this time around vs. just clicking an option, its because the interior options will be similar to the non GT 992 cars configurator options? Seems reasonable and really easy for them to do especially if there is a back seat.
The following users liked this post:
NYCGT3 (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 09:43 AM
brucewinter
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 157 Posts

How about some safety features, like lane change assist.
The following users liked this post:
ksalno (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 09:44 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasPorschelover
Do you think the reason that the Touring is such a seperate thing this time around vs. just clicking an option, its because the interior options will be similar to the non GT 992 cars configurator options? Seems reasonable and really easy for them to do especially if there is a back seat.
let's hope so
Old 04-01-2021, 09:49 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,129 Likes on 737 Posts

Perhaps yes. I just really hope they don't take the performance out of the Touring as compared to the Wing car. Obviously wing is gone but I mean everything else.

I posted on AP Instagram about offering additional leather colour options on the Touring, particularly in the caramel/brown family of colours. Would like that as a paid option instead of going CXX route. He liked the post. Maybe it's a sign! At least I'm hoping.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:20 AM
JAMilford
Racer

It would certainly seem like a logical explanation for why a separate "model" for the Touring is needed in the configurator. If the available options for the Touring model are significantly different, that would force a separate configurator because of the way that tool is structured. The configurator tool can be "forced" to accommodate a couple unique options but it quickly would become unmanageable when the number of deviations grows beyond 2 or 3. I have seen speculation in Rennlist and elsewhere about Touring unique leather colors, back seats, convenience/assistance options, and others including some slightly cryptic comments/tweets from Andy Preuninger. Has anyone seen anything more definitive?
Old 04-01-2021, 11:43 AM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 204 Posts

I anticipate that there will be alot of differentiation between the two cars. I think it will use standard carpeting and glass as opposed to the lightweight on the winged car. I am surprised that nobody is talking about the brakes. As I believe @CAlexio pointed out, the iron brakes on the touring mules are smaller / not the same as the winged car. I'm really hoping they don't soften the package too much.

Quick Reply: 992 GT3 Touring Waiting Room