Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Chalk
Thanks Ugly...I don't have one, lol.
Old 02-24-2023 | 10:58 AM
168glhs1986
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
I have mine repainted weekly so that it's always fresh each time I bring it to a different C&C
Carroll Shelby used to do this back in the day with the Cobras to make it appear like he had more.
Old 02-28-2023 | 05:11 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...43efe50d&ei=92
Old 02-28-2023 | 05:52 PM
Rod27
Burning Brakes

But no front dive planes? Im out.
Old 02-28-2023 | 06:12 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I better hit the gym starting this summer and work out the GT4RS to get ready.
Sebring will beat the **** out of me in a GT3RS, hows aero work when the car is 6" in the air?
Old 03-01-2023 | 01:56 AM
groundhog
Race Car

The following users liked this post:
StealthGT3 (03-04-2023)
Old 03-01-2023 | 02:02 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
duplicate

https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...-all-time.html
Old 03-01-2023 | 07:46 AM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Originally Posted by Manifold
I'm getting in the habit of asking ChatGPT these sorts of questions.

what are people's motivations for buying expensive track-focused cars which are hard to get (demand exceeds supply) if they're not going to drive them on the track?

As an AI language model, I do not have personal beliefs or opinions, but I can suggest some possible motivations that people may have for buying expensive track-focused cars:

Status symbol: Some people may buy expensive track-focused cars as a status symbol. Owning a rare and exclusive car can signal wealth and success.

Collectors: Some people collect rare cars as a hobby or investment. They may buy these cars with the intention of keeping them in pristine condition and reselling them at a higher price in the future.

Appreciation for engineering and design: Some people appreciate the engineering and design that goes into creating a high-performance car. They may buy these cars for the pleasure of owning and admiring them, even if they do not intend to drive them on the track.

Thrill-seekers: Some people may buy track-focused cars for the thrill of driving a high-performance vehicle, even if they do not have the opportunity to drive it on a track. They may enjoy the sense of control and power that comes with driving a powerful car on the open road.

Future track plans: Some people may buy track-focused cars with the intention of using them on a track in the future, but have not yet had the opportunity to do so. They may be waiting for the right time, place, or opportunity to use their car to its full potential.

give me some more possible motivations

Aesthetics: Some people may buy track-focused cars because they simply appreciate the way the car looks. The design and styling of the car may be particularly appealing to them.

Investment: Some people may buy track-focused cars as an investment, speculating that the car will appreciate in value over time. They may not have any intention of driving the car and may keep it stored in a garage as a way to preserve its value.

Peer pressure: Some people may buy track-focused cars because they feel pressure from their social group or peers. They may want to fit in with a particular group or community that values high-performance cars.

Competition: Some people may buy track-focused cars as a way to compete with others, even if they don't use the car on a track. They may want to have a faster, more powerful car than their friends or neighbors.

Personal fulfillment: Some people may buy track-focused cars because it brings them personal fulfillment. Owning a high-performance car may be a lifelong dream that they want to achieve, regardless of whether they can drive it on a track or not.

Brand loyalty: Some people may buy track-focused cars from a particular brand as an expression of their loyalty to that brand. They may be fans of the brand and the car's performance features may be a secondary consideration.

Investment in driving skills: Some people may buy track-focused cars as a way to invest in their driving skills. Even if they don't intend to drive the car on a track, owning a high-performance car may push them to improve their driving skills on the road.

Nostalgia: Some people may buy track-focused cars for nostalgic reasons. They may have fond memories of driving similar cars in the past, and owning a track-focused car may be a way to relive those experiences.

Future-proofing: Some people may buy track-focused cars as a way to future-proof their car collection. As regulations and market trends shift towards electric and autonomous vehicles, they may want to add high-performance cars to their collection before they become harder to find.

Curiosity: Some people may buy track-focused cars out of sheer curiosity. They may want to experience what it's like to own a high-performance car, even if they don't have the intention of driving it on the track.

Marketing: Some people may buy track-focused cars because they are influenced by marketing campaigns or advertisements. The marketing campaigns may appeal to them, and they may want to own the car to be part of the marketing narrative.

Provenance: Some people may buy track-focused cars for their provenance. For example, they may want to own a car that was driven by a famous race car driver or has a significant racing history.

Customization: Some people may buy track-focused cars with the intention of customizing them. They may want to modify the car's performance features, appearance, or interior to fit their personal preferences.

Family heritage: Some people may buy track-focused cars because it has sentimental value to their family. For example, the car may have been passed down through generations or may have been owned by a family member who was passionate about cars.

Peer admiration: Some people may buy track-focused cars to impress their peers or to gain admiration from others. They may be seeking validation or recognition for their taste in high-performance cars.
impressive. Now ask it PDK v manual. The computer might blow up so be careful
Ukkid74 (03-02-2023)
Old 03-01-2023 | 10:45 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin
impressive. Now ask it PDK v manual. The computer might blow up so be careful
I had to ask......This AI technology is really amazing. The answers are very good, non emotional and not snarky. In fact, I'm just going to use ChatGPT answer all my work emails. Maybe I can automate that? lol

Me:
What is better a pdk or a manual transmission?

ChatGPT:
The choice between a PDK (Porsche Doppelkupplung) and a manual transmission depends on your personal preferences and driving needs.

PDK is a type of dual-clutch automated manual transmission that allows for extremely fast and smooth gear changes. PDK-equipped cars generally have quicker acceleration and better fuel efficiency than their manual counterparts. PDK is also more convenient for stop-and-go traffic or driving in urban areas, as it eliminates the need for clutch control.

However, some drivers prefer the engagement and control of a manual transmission. Manual transmissions allow for a more immersive driving experience, as the driver has to shift gears manually using a clutch pedal and shift lever. Many sports car enthusiasts prefer manual transmissions because they feel that they provide a greater sense of connection between the driver and the car.

Ultimately, the choice between a PDK and a manual transmission comes down to personal preference. If you prioritize convenience and performance, a PDK might be the better choice. If you value the engagement and control of a manual transmission, then that might be the way to go.

Last edited by subshooter; 03-01-2023 at 10:53 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by subshooter:
carcommander (03-01-2023), Manifold (03-01-2023), Mr Mojo Risin (03-01-2023), thebishman (03-01-2023)
Old 03-01-2023 | 10:47 AM
Rod27
Burning Brakes

She/he/it forgot about which is more fun in bumper to bumper traffic

edit: nevermind
Old 03-01-2023 | 11:17 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by subshooter
I had to ask......This AI technology is really amazing. The answers are very good, non emotional and not snarky. In fact, I'm just going to use ChatGPT answer all my work emails. Maybe I can automate that? lol

Me:

ChatGPT:
The choice between a PDK (Porsche Doppelkupplung) and a manual transmission depends on your personal preferences and driving needs.

PDK is a type of dual-clutch automated manual transmission that allows for extremely fast and smooth gear changes. PDK-equipped cars generally have quicker acceleration and better fuel efficiency than their manual counterparts. PDK is also more convenient for stop-and-go traffic or driving in urban areas, as it eliminates the need for clutch control.

However, some drivers prefer the engagement and control of a manual transmission. Manual transmissions allow for a more immersive driving experience, as the driver has to shift gears manually using a clutch pedal and shift lever. Many sports car enthusiasts prefer manual transmissions because they feel that they provide a greater sense of connection between the driver and the car.

Ultimately, the choice between a PDK and a manual transmission comes down to personal preference. If you prioritize convenience and performance, a PDK might be the better choice. If you value the engagement and control of a manual transmission, then that might be the way to go.
It's more amazing than that. You can have a full conversation with it.

I'm in my 50s and have a lot of track experience, but I'm going to the track less often than I used to and I don't enjoy it quite as much as I used to. It's also important to me to be able to drive my track car to the track on public roads, and some of those public roads are somewhat rough. Is the new 992 GT3 RS a good choice for me?

As an AI language model, I cannot provide financial or investment advice, but I can give you some insights to help you make an informed decision.

The Porsche 911 GT3 RS is a high-performance sports car designed for the track. It is known for its powerful engine, agile handling, and advanced suspension system, making it a popular choice among track enthusiasts. The new 992 GT3 RS promises to be even more capable than its predecessor, thanks to its advanced aerodynamics and other performance upgrades.

However, as you mentioned, you also want to drive your car on public roads, which means you will have to deal with rough roads and potentially uncomfortable rides. The GT3 RS is a track-focused vehicle and may not be the most comfortable option for daily driving, especially on rough roads. Its suspension is designed to be stiff to provide maximum grip and stability on the track, which can make the ride harsh on bumpy roads.

In terms of enjoyment, the GT3 RS is undoubtedly an exciting car to drive on the track, but its performance may not be fully utilized on public roads. You may find that you are not able to enjoy the car's full potential due to speed limits, traffic, and other factors.

Ultimately, the decision to purchase a Porsche 911 GT3 RS depends on your priorities and how you plan to use the car. If you prioritize track performance and are willing to sacrifice some comfort for the ultimate driving experience, then the GT3 RS may be a good choice. However, if you want a more comfortable daily driver that can also perform well on the track, you may want to consider other options, such as the Porsche 911 Carrera 4S or the Porsche Cayman GT4.

I don't use any track car as a daily driver, since I have other cars for daily driving. My track cars are only driven on the track, and on public roads in order to get to and from the track.

Thank you for clarifying. In that case, the new 992 GT3 RS could be a good choice for you, as it is designed specifically for track use and is optimized for high-speed driving and precise handling. It features a naturally aspirated 4.0-liter flat-six engine that produces 502 horsepower and 346 lb-ft of torque, which should provide plenty of power for spirited driving on the track.

The GT3 RS also features a number of advanced performance features, including a lightweight chassis, advanced aerodynamics, and advanced suspension system, which should make it a very capable track car.

However, as with any track-focused car, there may be some compromises in terms of comfort and practicality. The GT3 RS has a fairly stiff suspension system, which can make it less comfortable on rough roads. It also has a fairly loud exhaust system, which may not be to everyone's taste for daily driving. Additionally, as a high-performance car, it can be expensive to maintain and repair.

Overall, the new 992 GT3 RS is an excellent track car that should provide an exciting and rewarding driving experience on the track. If you're primarily looking for a car to drive on the track, and you're willing to make some compromises in terms of comfort and practicality, then the GT3 RS could be a great choice.

The car is at upper limit of what I spend for a track car, and track insurance will be quite expensive. Does that make you reconsider your response. Also, as I said, my track car will not be used for daily driving.

I see. Given that you have other cars for daily driving and the Porsche 992 GT3 RS will only be used as a track car, it's important to consider whether the additional cost is worth it for the level of performance you will be getting on the track.

If the cost of the car and track insurance are at the upper limit of what you're comfortable spending, you may want to consider other options that provide good performance on the track but are less expensive to purchase and maintain. For example, the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 is a track-focused sports car that provides excellent handling and performance, but is generally less expensive than the 911 GT3 RS.

Another factor to consider is how often you plan to use the car on the track. If you're only planning on using it occasionally, it may not be worth the additional expense to purchase a high-end track car like the GT3 RS. On the other hand, if you plan to use the car frequently and are committed to improving your track performance, the GT3 RS may be a worthwhile investment.

Ultimately, the decision of whether to purchase the Porsche 992 GT3 RS as a track car depends on your budget and priorities. While it's an excellent track-focused car with impressive performance, there may be other options that provide similar performance at a lower cost.

I would be using it at the track about a dozen days per year. I used to drive on track closer to 50 days a year, but as I get older I'm tapering down my number of track days per year.

Given that you plan to use the car at the track about a dozen days per year, it may be worth considering a more cost-effective option than the Porsche 992 GT3 RS, especially if the cost of the car and track insurance is at the upper limit of your budget.

One option to consider is the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4, which is a track-focused sports car that provides excellent handling and performance, but is generally less expensive than the 911 GT3 RS. It features a mid-engine design that provides excellent balance and handling, and a powerful engine that produces 414 horsepower and 309 lb-ft of torque. It also features advanced performance features, including a lightweight chassis, advanced aerodynamics, and advanced suspension system.

Another option to consider is a used Porsche 911 GT3, which is the predecessor to the 992 GT3 RS. While it may not have all of the advanced features of the newer model, it still provides excellent performance on the track and may be available at a lower cost.

Ultimately, the decision of which track car to purchase depends on your budget and priorities. While the Porsche 992 GT3 RS is an excellent track-focused car, there may be other options that provide similar performance at a lower cost.

What about a 991.2 Turbo S or 992 Turbo S? Or the 992 GT3?

The 991.2 Turbo S and 992 Turbo S are high-performance sports cars that are designed for a combination of both street and track use. They feature advanced all-wheel-drive systems and powerful turbocharged engines that produce over 500 horsepower, which should provide excellent acceleration and handling on the track.

While the Turbo S models are not specifically designed for track use like the GT3 RS, they are still capable track cars that provide excellent performance and handling. They also offer more comfort and practicality than a dedicated track car, which may be a consideration if you plan to use the car for occasional street driving as well as track use.

The 992 GT3 is a dedicated track car that is designed specifically for high-performance track driving. It features a naturally aspirated engine that produces over 500 horsepower, as well as advanced aerodynamics, suspension, and braking systems that are optimized for track use. It is also significantly lighter than the Turbo S models, which should provide even better handling and agility on the track.

If your primary focus is track use, then the 992 GT3 may be the best option for you. It is designed specifically for high-performance track driving and should provide the best overall performance on the track. However, if you want a car that is capable both on the street and the track, then the 991.2 or 992 Turbo S may be a better option, as they offer a good balance of comfort and performance.

Should I be concerned about the higher G-forces of the 992 GT3 RS and the demands that will place on my body?

Yes, it's important to consider the physical demands of driving a high-performance car like the Porsche 992 GT3 RS on the track. The higher G-forces that the car generates can place significant demands on your body, and it's important to be prepared for this before you take the car out on the track.

Driving a high-performance car on the track can be physically demanding, and it's important to be in good physical condition before you start driving. This includes maintaining a healthy weight, staying hydrated, and getting plenty of rest before driving. It's also a good idea to consult with a physician before starting a new high-intensity physical activity like track driving, to make sure that you're healthy enough to handle the demands.

In addition to physical conditioning, it's also important to learn the proper driving techniques for high-performance track driving. This includes understanding how to properly brace yourself and maintain good posture while driving, as well as learning how to use your core muscles to help you withstand the high G-forces.

Overall, driving a high-performance car like the Porsche 992 GT3 RS on the track can be physically demanding, but with the proper preparation and technique, it's possible to enjoy the car's full potential without risking injury or discomfort.

Are there any other cars, new or used, which I should consider, assuming a budget of about $200k?

Yes, there are several other high-performance cars that you may want to consider in addition to the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, within a budget of about $200k. Here are a few options:

Audi R8: The Audi R8 is a high-performance sports car that is available in both coupe and convertible body styles. It features a mid-engine design and all-wheel drive, as well as a powerful V10 engine that produces up to 602 horsepower. The R8 offers excellent handling and performance, and its comfortable interior and all-wheel-drive system make it a great option for both track use and daily driving.

McLaren 570S: The McLaren 570S is a high-performance sports car that features a mid-engine design and rear-wheel drive. It features a turbocharged V8 engine that produces up to 562 horsepower, and its lightweight construction and advanced suspension system provide excellent handling and performance. The 570S is also known for its comfortable and well-appointed interior, making it a great option for both track use and daily driving.

Porsche 911 Turbo S: The Porsche 911 Turbo S is a high-performance sports car that is available in both coupe and convertible body styles. It features a turbocharged flat-six engine that produces up to 640 horsepower, as well as advanced all-wheel drive and a sophisticated suspension system. The 911 Turbo S offers excellent handling and performance, and its comfortable interior and all-wheel-drive system make it a great option for both track use and daily driving.

Ferrari 458 Italia: While the 458 Italia is no longer in production, it is still a highly sought-after high-performance sports car that can be found on the used market. It features a mid-engine design and rear-wheel drive, as well as a naturally aspirated V8 engine that produces up to 562 horsepower. The 458 Italia is known for its excellent handling and performance, as well as its stylish and well-appointed interior.

These are just a few examples of high-performance cars that you may want to consider within your budget of about $200k. Each of these cars offers excellent performance and handling on the track, as well as comfortable and well-appointed interiors for daily driving.

So who is the ideal buyer for a 992 GT3 RS?

The ideal buyer for a Porsche 992 GT3 RS is someone who is primarily focused on high-performance track driving and is willing to make some compromises in terms of comfort and practicality in order to achieve the best possible lap times. This person is likely a serious track enthusiast who has a lot of experience driving on the track and wants to take their driving to the next level.

The 992 GT3 RS is a dedicated track car that is optimized for high-performance driving, and it is not the most comfortable or practical car for everyday use. The ideal buyer for this car is someone who is primarily interested in track performance and is willing to sacrifice some comfort and practicality in order to achieve the best possible lap times.

Additionally, the ideal buyer for the 992 GT3 RS is likely someone who has a significant budget for a high-performance car and is willing to spend a significant amount of money on track-related expenses, such as track days, track insurance, and maintenance and repairs.

Overall, the ideal buyer for the Porsche 992 GT3 RS is a serious track enthusiast who is looking for the ultimate high-performance track car and is willing to make some compromises in terms of comfort and practicality to achieve the best possible lap times.

Tell me more about the ideal buyer.

The ideal buyer for a Porsche 992 GT3 RS is someone who is a serious track enthusiast with a lot of experience driving high-performance cars on the track. This person is likely an experienced driver who has spent a significant amount of time on the track and is familiar with high-performance driving techniques and track safety protocols.

This person is also likely to have a significant budget for a high-performance car and is willing to spend a significant amount of money on track-related expenses, such as track days, track insurance, and maintenance and repairs.

In addition to being a serious track enthusiast, the ideal buyer for the 992 GT3 RS is someone who values performance and precision above all else. This person is likely to appreciate the advanced aerodynamics, suspension, and braking systems that the car offers, as well as its lightweight construction and powerful engine.

Finally, the ideal buyer for the Porsche 992 GT3 RS is likely someone who is interested in pushing themselves and their car to the limit on the track. This person is likely to be competitive and driven to achieve the best possible lap times, and may be interested in participating in track events and competitions.

Overall, the ideal buyer for the Porsche 992 GT3 RS is a serious track enthusiast who values performance and precision above all else and is willing to make some compromises in terms of comfort and practicality to achieve the best possible lap times. This person is likely to be experienced, competitive, and driven to push themselves and their car to the limit on the track.

When you say "experienced driver," can you quantify that?

When I say "experienced driver" in the context of the ideal buyer for the Porsche 992 GT3 RS, I am referring to someone who has a significant amount of track driving experience and is familiar with high-performance driving techniques and track safety protocols. While there is no hard and fast rule for how much experience is necessary to be considered an experienced track driver, some factors that may contribute to this experience include:

Number of track days: Someone who has participated in many track days over a period of years is likely to have a significant amount of experience driving on the track and understanding how high-performance cars handle.

Variety of tracks: Driving on a variety of different tracks can provide a driver with a broader range of experience and help them to better understand how different types of cars and setups perform under different conditions.

Competitive experience: Participating in competitive events, such as time trials or amateur racing, can provide a driver with additional experience and help them to develop a competitive mindset and driving style.

Training and instruction: Participating in driver training courses and receiving instruction from experienced driving coaches can help a driver to develop advanced driving techniques and improve their overall driving skills.

Ultimately, the level of experience required to be considered an experienced driver will vary depending on the individual and their goals for driving on the track. However, as the Porsche 992 GT3 RS is a highly specialized and high-performance track car, it is generally recommended that anyone considering purchasing one has a significant amount of experience driving on the track and is familiar with advanced driving techniques and track safety protocols.

Can you quantify the experience in terms of number of track days?

It's difficult to quantify the required level of experience in terms of the number of track days, as everyone's experience and skill level on the track can vary greatly depending on their individual background and training. However, generally speaking, someone who has participated in at least 10 to 20 track days over a period of several years and has received some instruction or coaching on high-performance driving techniques would be considered an experienced track driver.

That being said, it's important to note that the ideal level of experience for driving a high-performance track car like the Porsche 992 GT3 RS will vary depending on the individual and their goals for driving on the track. Some drivers may feel comfortable driving a high-performance car on the track with less experience, while others may require more experience and training to feel confident and safe.

Ultimately, the most important factor in determining whether someone has the necessary experience to drive a high-performance track car like the Porsche 992 GT3 RS is their individual driving skills and knowledge of high-performance driving techniques and track safety protocols.

Your number seems a bit low.

You're right, my previous estimate of 10 to 20 track days may be a bit low for someone who is looking to purchase a high-performance track car like the Porsche 992 GT3 RS. While the exact number of track days required to be considered an experienced driver can vary depending on the individual and their driving ability, it's generally recommended that someone who is considering purchasing a high-performance track car has a significant amount of track driving experience.

In general, it's recommended that someone who is interested in driving a high-performance track car like the Porsche 992 GT3 RS should have at least 25 to 50 track days under their belt, as well as some instruction or coaching from experienced driving instructors. This level of experience can help ensure that the driver is familiar with high-performance driving techniques, track safety protocols, and is comfortable driving a high-performance car at high speeds on the track.

Ultimately, the most important factor in determining whether someone is an experienced driver is their individual driving skills and knowledge of high-performance driving techniques and track safety protocols. While the number of track days can be a good indicator of experience, it's not the only factor to consider, and individual experience levels can vary widely based on a number of factors.

Mr Mojo Risin (03-01-2023)
Old 03-01-2023 | 11:40 AM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Originally Posted by subshooter

Me:

ChatGPT:

Definitely a measured and unemotional response. Maybe we need another bot to chime in 😂
Old 03-02-2023 | 09:43 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Its interesting people are willing to give up their personal information in order to log into an AI program.

On another note, a friend of mine who kept the faith has been told his order will not be delivered until next year possibly March (something to do with carbon ceramic brakes).

Last edited by groundhog; 03-03-2023 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-02-2023 | 10:43 PM
thuggo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
Its interesting people are willing to give up their personal information in order to log into an AI program.

On another note, a friend of mine who kept the faith has been told his order will not be delivered until next year possible March (something to do with carbon ceramic brakes).
What makes you think they don't already have your personal information?
Old 03-02-2023 | 10:46 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thuggo
What makes you think they don't already have your personal information?
I logged in with groundhog's information. I don't trust AI in anyway.
The following 2 users liked this post by subshooter:
GrantG (03-02-2023), JAhmed (03-03-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 GT3RS