992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2022 | 06:34 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

to bad AP is driving the white/green one in the forest - instead of bringing it ALSO to Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the annual Sports Car Together Fest...

maybe there where also other shedules for this car in EU....
Old 09-08-2022 | 06:57 AM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by jo_ker
to bad AP is driving the white/green one in the forest - instead of bringing it ALSO to Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the annual Sports Car Together Fest...

maybe there where also other shedules for this car in EU....
agree, we were all excited to possibly see it there, but was a big dud no show. Apparently it is only good enough for the caviar face stuffing snobs on the West Coast. Sad for those of us regulars who drive our GT cars and attended, as the event was billed as a GT festival! I still had fun flogging my GT3 on track all weekend

Last edited by disden; 09-08-2022 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-08-2022 | 09:33 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
It continuously adjusts to 30:70 front:rear downforce split. The DRS is manually activated.
Old 09-08-2022 | 09:58 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Had a long in-person talk with the sales manager at a Porsche dealership today. Some things he said:

- Allocations for new Porsches are generally hard to get, not just for the GT cars. Porsche is just not making enough cars, supply chains remain screwed up.
- He thinks ADM amounts are ridiculous, but ADM is entirely driven by what people are willing to pay, so he 'blames' customers for ADM (quite correctly). Some people are either desperate to get a car, or just don't care about paying tens of thousands of dollars in ADM.
- 992.1 RS allocations will be very hard to get for a while. I'm on the list, but not expecting to get an allocation. 992.2 RS is expected, and will likely be a better car, and those allocations may be a little easier to get.
- He expects that only a tiny fraction of 992 RS cars will see the track, and will instead be mainly cars & coffee cars, taken there to show off. He thinks that's a real shame.
- In his opinion, the high point for 911 RS cars was the 991.
Interesting. I'm lucky in that my dealer never requires ADM's. They know I'm a hardcore track guy, and that's honestly why I think I'll get one of the allocations. They know the few other allocations will go to cars-n-coffee guys, but they have to sell to them because they are either VIP customers, or long-time buyers with more history than me. I'm not one of those customers who are constantly getting on a "list" for every car that comes out. When I come to my dealer to talk about a car, then they know I must be serious. That's how I got my GT4 and GT3 previously.

The 992.2 does intrigue me, but not sure if I want to chance it and hold out. As long as I can get any double wishbone RS variant, I'll be happy. Same with the 991 RS as I look back. I'd be perfectly happy with either of those cars. In fact, part of me sort of is looking back and wondering if I should just buy a 991 RS and build it up like I want to.

If I was in an area that dealers required ridiculous ADM's, I would 100% be skipping the 992 RS and just buy a 991 and call it a day. No F-ing way I'm paying a penny over MSRP. Everybody in the chain already makes plenty off the RS.

The following users liked this post:
Manifold (09-08-2022)
Old 09-08-2022 | 10:26 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by Mvez
Interesting. I'm lucky in that my dealer never requires ADM's. They know I'm a hardcore track guy, and that's honestly why I think I'll get one of the allocations. They know the few other allocations will go to cars-n-coffee guys, but they have to sell to them because they are either VIP customers, or long-time buyers with more history than me. I'm not one of those customers who are constantly getting on a "list" for every car that comes out. When I come to my dealer to talk about a car, then they know I must be serious. That's how I got my GT4 and GT3 previously.

The 992.2 does intrigue me, but not sure if I want to chance it and hold out. As long as I can get any double wishbone RS variant, I'll be happy. Same with the 991 RS as I look back. I'd be perfectly happy with either of those cars. In fact, part of me sort of is looking back and wondering if I should just buy a 991 RS and build it up like I want to.

If I was in an area that dealers required ridiculous ADM's, I would 100% be skipping the 992 RS and just buy a 991 and call it a day. No F-ing way I'm paying a penny over MSRP. Everybody in the chain already makes plenty off the RS.
We seem to think alike. I did a search for used 991 RSs yesterday, and they pretty much all have very low miles (most probably never tracked) but the asking prices seem way too high in this market. I may just have to be content with our 991.1 GT3 and 981 GT4 and sit tight until market conditions enable getting the car I want at a reasonable price. I can 'afford' to waste money and overpay for cars, but I don't want to, and am generally a patient person. You're right that Porsche and the dealers are already making a lot of money at MSRP, and I have no interest in helping flippers make a lot of money.
Old 09-08-2022 | 10:42 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

We seem to think alike. I did a search for used 991 RSs yesterday, and they pretty much all have very low miles (most probably never tracked) but the asking prices seem way too high in this market. I may just have to be content with our 991.1 GT3 and 981 GT4 and sit tight until market conditions enable getting the car I want at a reasonable price. I can 'afford' to waste money and overpay for cars, but I don't want to, and am generally a patient person. You're right that Porsche and the dealers are already making a lot of money at MSRP, and I have no interest in helping flippers make a lot of money.
I think as the supply chain slowly continues to catch the car market back up, and the new RS's start hitting the ground here in the US, we'll see 991 RS prices continue to soften as they continue sitting for sale. Alot of cars-n-coffee and flipper sellers trying to "get out" while the market is still "high" too. Don't blame them, and while there will certainly be buyers, I'm like you, patient. I won't get the first allocation at my dealer, so gives me plenty of time to see how the market continues to develop.

For sure, the 991RS is aesthetically much more appealing, to me, than the 992RS. It's just a better looking car, but those double wishbones and adjustable shocks on the 992 are honestly what have me holding out to see what the hype is all about. I haven't driven a 992 GT3, but my buddy has a 6pd and I rode in it, and the front feels glued to the road. Need those journalist reviews stat!
Manifold (09-08-2022)
Old 09-08-2022 | 10:51 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mvez
I think as the supply chain slowly continues to catch the car market back up, and the new RS's start hitting the ground here in the US, we'll see 991 RS prices continue to soften as they continue sitting for sale. Alot of cars-n-coffee and flipper sellers trying to "get out" while the market is still "high" too. Don't blame them, and while there will certainly be buyers, I'm like you, patient. I won't get the first allocation at my dealer, so gives me plenty of time to see how the market continues to develop.

For sure, the 991RS is aesthetically much more appealing, to me, than the 992RS. It's just a better looking car, but those double wishbones and adjustable shocks on the 992 are honestly what have me holding out to see what the hype is all about. I haven't driven a 992 GT3, but my buddy has a 6pd and I rode in it, and the front feels glued to the road. Need those journalist reviews stat!
And for those of use who can't get a 992.1 RS, there are some reasons to think that may be ok:

- Aesthetics are compromised for the sake of aero.
- Lack of frunk is not ideal.
- Problem with hot air blowing into the cabin with windows down.
- Tire wear (and cost) possibly much faster because of the downforce.
- Ride on the road may be hard to tolerate even with softest damping.
- Proper race car would safer on track if wanting to go really fast.
- 992.2 RS may be a better car.
Mavzyx (09-08-2022)
Old 09-08-2022 | 10:53 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

And for those of use who can't get a 992.1 RS, there are some reasons to think that may be ok:

- Aesthetics are compromised for the sake of aero.
- Lack of frunk is not ideal.
- Problem with hot air blowing into the cabin with windows down.
- Tire wear (and cost) possibly much faster because of the downforce.
- Ride on the road may be hard to tolerate even with softest damping.
- Proper race car would safer on track if wanting to go really fast.
- 992.2 RS may be a better car.
Old 09-08-2022 | 10:56 AM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Very interesting

tgibrit (09-08-2022)
Old 09-08-2022 | 11:02 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mclarenmaniac
992 RS is all about aero. For the road, I don't see how 991 RS isn't better than 992 RS. For the track, it should be the opposite. And yet, non-track guys want the 992 RS anyways, I guess the need to show off at C&C is strong.
Old 09-08-2022 | 11:08 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

992 RS is all about aero. For the road, I don't see how 991 RS isn't better than 992 RS. For the track, it should be the opposite. And yet, non-track guys want the 992 RS anyways, I guess the need to show off at C&C is strong.
I generally agree, with the exception of the new double wishbones. They make a nice improvement on road and track and remove one of the niggling concerns with the strut suspension (can punch front suspension right through the chassis if you hit a big enough pothole or track curbing).
Old 09-08-2022 | 01:00 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Wonder how those posers will enjoy driving the car to and from C&C or will they just trailer the car there? haha You couldn't pay me enough to go to a C&C, rather hit the canyons or the track.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
joejenie (09-09-2022), neurotic (09-08-2022)
Old 09-08-2022 | 01:10 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Wonder how those posers will enjoy driving the car to and from C&C or will they just trailer the car there? haha You couldn't pay me enough to go to a C&C, rather hit the canyons or the track.
serious question for all those telling people how they should use their gt cars .

How many days out of 365 days per year do you track your existing gt car? What’s the % time on track, less then 2%?
Old 09-08-2022 | 01:23 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
serious question for all those telling people how they should use their gt cars .

How many days out of 365 days per year do you track your existing gt car? What’s the % time on track, less then 2%?
Wrong question, but anyway …

I used to do about 50 track days a year, not nearly as much these days.

My GT3 has many thousands of track miles on it, and the road miles are mostly from driving to/from the track. Similar pattern of use for the GT4, and pattern of use will be the same for any future GT car.

For mainly road use, there are much better choices than GT cars.

Couldn’t care less about what people I think of me based on the car I bring to C&C. Posing is posing.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
PiB993 (09-08-2022), Yargk (09-08-2022)
Old 09-08-2022 | 01:26 PM
Jonathan19
Instructor

Rumor: Record attempt on September 16.

Link:
View this post on Instagram
The following 2 users liked this post by Jonathan19:
Arnoux (09-08-2022), GrantG (09-08-2022)

Quick Reply: 992 GT3RS