Notices
991
Sponsored by:

Soul Performance Products - 991.2 Development Thread

 
Old 08-08-2017, 10:42 AM
  #46  
Soul Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Soul Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 1,354
Default

Originally Posted by P-car fan View Post
Great looking craftsmanship!
I follow Boost Brothers Garage on YouTube and must say you all make a fine product!
Thank you for the kind words, P-car fan! Give us a shout if you'd like custom tips, exhaust or any other upgrades for your car
__________________
Soul Performance Products
Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service

John Gaydos - Performance Specialist

PCA National Instructor
Cell - (484) 883-6197
[email protected]

Mike Spock - Marketing Manager
Office (855) 486-1400
Soul Performance is offline  
Old 08-22-2017, 03:44 PM
  #47  
Soul Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Soul Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 1,354
Default

4" Bolt On Tips are now available. 4" Deluxe Double Wall pictured below.

__________________
Soul Performance Products
Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service

John Gaydos - Performance Specialist

PCA National Instructor
Cell - (484) 883-6197
[email protected]

Mike Spock - Marketing Manager
Office (855) 486-1400
Soul Performance is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 02:38 PM
  #48  
Soul Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Soul Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 1,354
Default

We're always looking for ways to optimize our products, and we sought a solution to increase the clamping force and longevity on the clamps that we use. Our goal is to minimize the risk of exhaust tips coming loose or having an inability to remove and reuse them due to corrosion over time.

We've partnered with Mikalor to use their Supra Heavy-Duty W4 Clamps wherever possible. Projection welding spots, swinging bridge, high-strength stainless steel bolt and the exclusive design of their captive nut and trunion offer superior clamping forces.

SPECS: Band and Bridge: X5CrNI 1810 Stainless steel (DIN 1.4301)(AISI-304) (A2) Bolt: (AISI-302) Cu Stainless steel



All Bolt On Exhaust Tips and our Trackback exhaust will use these clamps moving forward.
__________________
Soul Performance Products
Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service

John Gaydos - Performance Specialist

PCA National Instructor
Cell - (484) 883-6197
[email protected]

Mike Spock - Marketing Manager
Office (855) 486-1400
Soul Performance is offline  
Old 08-30-2017, 10:48 PM
  #49  
sticky
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Laguna, CA
Posts: 704
Default

Originally Posted by Soul Performance View Post
4" Bolt On Tips are now available. 4" Deluxe Double Wall pictured below.

I bought these along with single wall 4 inch tips. I'll get pics up soon with both.
sticky is offline  
Old 09-06-2017, 03:14 PM
  #50  
Soul Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Soul Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 1,354
Default

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
I bought these along with single wall 4 inch tips. I'll get pics up soon with both.
Thanks again! We're looking forward to it!
__________________
Soul Performance Products
Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service

John Gaydos - Performance Specialist

PCA National Instructor
Cell - (484) 883-6197
[email protected]

Mike Spock - Marketing Manager
Office (855) 486-1400
Soul Performance is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:40 PM
  #51  
Soul Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Soul Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 1,354
Default

Fabbing up another run of our Cat Bypass Pipes.

Two things to note:
Our heavy duty aluminum fixtures prevent warping, ensuring proper fitment every time.
We back purge our welds whenever possible to encourage full penetration of welds and longevity.

__________________
Soul Performance Products
Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service

John Gaydos - Performance Specialist

PCA National Instructor
Cell - (484) 883-6197
[email protected]

Mike Spock - Marketing Manager
Office (855) 486-1400
Soul Performance is offline  
Old 09-18-2017, 11:07 PM
  #52  
sticky
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Laguna, CA
Posts: 704
Default

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with Soul's packaging. I guess most people probably don't care too much about the box but Soul packaged these tips as if they were made of glass.

I got two sets, 4 inch single wall and dual wall. I will be doing a photoshoot with both and selling the set I don't use.

Have a full professional detail scheduled for later this week





sticky is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 01:13 PM
  #53  
Soul Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Soul Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 1,354
Default

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
I just wanted to say how impressed I am with Soul's packaging. I guess most people probably don't care too much about the box but Soul packaged these tips as if they were made of glass.

I got two sets, 4 inch single wall and dual wall. I will be doing a photoshoot with both and selling the set I don't use.

Have a full professional detail scheduled for later this week
Thank you so much, we're looking forward to your photo shoot!



@francisluu, (Sport Catalytic Converters equipped) putting in good lines at Pacific Raceways!


-Mike in Marketing
__________________
Soul Performance Products
Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service

John Gaydos - Performance Specialist

PCA National Instructor
Cell - (484) 883-6197
[email protected]

Mike Spock - Marketing Manager
Office (855) 486-1400
Soul Performance is offline  
Old 09-27-2017, 11:14 AM
  #54  
Soul Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Soul Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 1,354
Default

Crafting another round of Cat Bypass Pipes!

The number one question that we get asked about Cat Bypass Pipes is "will I throw a check engine light?" You may, you may not. We did not throw a check engine light during nearly 100 miles of testing. Some cars eventually do get a check engine light. We also offer catted O2 spacers to decrease the chances of getting a check engine light. Tuning can eliminate any lights while extracting extra power out of your car. Worried about a CEL - that's why we also offer Sport Catalytic Converters to get most of the sound without any smells or check engine lights.

We're always here to answer any questions that you may have.

-Mike in Marketing
__________________
Soul Performance Products
Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service

John Gaydos - Performance Specialist

PCA National Instructor
Cell - (484) 883-6197
[email protected]

Mike Spock - Marketing Manager
Office (855) 486-1400
Soul Performance is offline  
Old 09-27-2017, 11:50 PM
  #55  
sticky
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Laguna, CA
Posts: 704
Default

Originally Posted by Soul Performance View Post
Crafting another round of Cat Bypass Pipes!

The number one question that we get asked about Cat Bypass Pipes is "will I throw a check engine light?" You may, you may not. We did not throw a check engine light during nearly 100 miles of testing. Some cars eventually do get a check engine light. We also offer catted O2 spacers to decrease the chances of getting a check engine light. Tuning can eliminate any lights while extracting extra power out of your car. Worried about a CEL - that's why we also offer Sport Catalytic Converters to get most of the sound without any smells or check engine lights.

We're always here to answer any questions that you may have.

-Mike in Marketing
I'm very torn between the two as I live in California and we have eco-***** here.

I'll be ordering up a set soon just not sure if the smell if going catless will be a big deal and tip people off. Probably best to be responsible but I love the sound when catless!
sticky is offline  
Old 09-28-2017, 12:03 AM
  #56  
Boulder Mike
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 494
Default

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
I'm very torn between the two as I live in California and we have eco-***** here.

I'll be ordering up a set soon just not sure if the smell if going catless will be a big deal and tip people off. Probably best to be responsible but I love the sound when catless!
Same struggle here. Would pairing sport cats with x-pipe get similar (albeit more expensive) result as catless? I also wonder if Soul is going to come out with x-pipe for .2 car.
Boulder Mike is online now  
Old 09-28-2017, 12:10 AM
  #57  
sticky
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Laguna, CA
Posts: 704
Default

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike View Post
Same struggle here. Would pairing sport cats with x-pipe get similar (albeit more expensive) result as catless? I also wonder if Soul is going to come out with x-pipe for .2 car.
Due to where the cats sit in location of the turbo I think it will be hard to mimic the sound of going catless with the x-pipe.

Can you get it louder? For sure.

Since I have PSE I'll probably do the Soul sport cats and a set of manifolds from CBRD for a nice sound and performance bump. If I need it louder I'll look into a muffler solution at that time.
sticky is offline  
Old 09-28-2017, 12:15 AM
  #58  
Boulder Mike
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 494
Default

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
Due to where the cats sit in location of the turbo I think it will be hard to mimic the sound of going catless with the x-pipe.

Can you get it louder? For sure.

Since I have PSE I'll probably do the Soul sport cats and a set of manifolds from CBRD for a nice sound and performance bump. If I need it louder I'll look into a muffler solution at that time.
Thanks for the feedback. Any and all reviews you post of your experiences would be appreciated.
Boulder Mike is online now  
Old 09-28-2017, 01:24 AM
  #59  
sticky
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Laguna, CA
Posts: 704
Default

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Any and all reviews you post of your experiences would be appreciated.
No problem. I'll have vids and graphs when the time comes.
sticky is offline  
Old 09-28-2017, 10:35 AM
  #60  
Soul Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Soul Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 1,354
Default

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
I'm very torn between the two as I live in California and we have eco-***** here.

I'll be ordering up a set soon just not sure if the smell if going catless will be a big deal and tip people off. Probably best to be responsible but I love the sound when catless!
Sticky,

This is a situation that we run into quite a bit (unfortunately) but there are still ways to enjoy your beautiful state and have an outstanding sounding car.

The first direction that I see many people taking is to simply swap out their catbypass pipes with the OEM cats when the emissions testing comes around. With the install of our products on the 991.2 being so straightforward, this is a viable option. The smell of the catless is something that you as a driver and anyone behind you (with automotive knowledge) will notice. How this affects the day to day, i.e. will a cop pull you over because of the smell, I can't say for sure.

The Sport Catalytic Converters are a great balance that will provide you with a great sound, nice increases in power and throttle response while drastically reducing the smell. Unless you are under WOT no one behind you would be the wiser. We also use the OEM heat shielding which would help during visual inspections if you opt to keep them on during emissions time.


Originally Posted by Boulder Mike View Post
Same struggle here. Would pairing sport cats with x-pipe get similar (albeit more expensive) result as catless? I also wonder if Soul is going to come out with x-pipe for .2 car.
We developed a prototype 991.2 x-pipe (PSE replacement) and found that while it sounded great it lost about 8hp compared to the PSE. It did sound better but with the combination of the PSE muffler being very good, making great power and the x-pipe eliminating the functionality of the valves and losing power, we have decided not to pursue and x-pipe PSE replacement at this time.

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
Due to where the cats sit in location of the turbo I think it will be hard to mimic the sound of going catless with the x-pipe.

Can you get it louder? For sure.

Since I have PSE I'll probably do the Soul sport cats and a set of manifolds from CBRD for a nice sound and performance bump. If I need it louder I'll look into a muffler solution at that time.
I think you will be very pleased with the Sport Cats and the PSE in terms of both sound and performance. Let me know if there are any other specific questions I can help with, you can contact me at my direct contact info below anytime.

Evan Fiorentino
Soul Performance Products
P: (267) 818-3203
E: [email protected]
__________________
Soul Performance Products
Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service

John Gaydos - Performance Specialist

PCA National Instructor
Cell - (484) 883-6197
[email protected]

Mike Spock - Marketing Manager
Office (855) 486-1400
Soul Performance is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Soul Performance Products - 991.2 Development Thread


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: