triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

guards red or Carmine Red??
Old 07-13-2017, 09:18 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll take the Defender over the Porsche.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:31 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trucheli
I'll take the Defender over the Porsche.
+1
Old 07-13-2017, 10:32 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by droidfan
@wisky center locks are a **real pain** and not worth it for regular usage. Now if you track your car, that is a different story...
Old 07-14-2017, 12:13 AM
Jc63amg
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice ride! Congrats.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:41 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The reason you did not get the red stitching on the vents like the rest of the car is that you (well, the dealer) has to include a note on the build sheet. This is, in part, why ordering deviated stitching is risky. If you spec anything in addition to the standard leather, it needs a note or you may get the wrong (or different color) deviated stitiching. Z356 has mentioned this repeatedly.

Helpfully, in the configurator, there is a space for notes. If you look at the summary for this code you will see a little piece of paper in a bubble next to the air vent slats painted option. I have written "next time make the stitching red" or something like that. That has to be done for every option that has deviated stitching or you may not get what you need.

In an actual order, you should say "deviated stitching in [Bordeaux] red" or whatever. Note you could also say "paint the vents Miami blue" as that is an available option for them.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN73224

Last edited by evilfij; 07-14-2017 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:28 PM
m_dennis
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up. I picked up the car today and gave the dealer a bit of salt for that oversight but really after 7 months of waiting I was just happy to get her.

Car is really quick and definitely attracts attention. So much so that I got a call from the police. Apparently someone reported some spirited driving. Going to the track on monday to stretch her legs a bit and get it out of my system..

Old 07-15-2017, 10:39 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Outstanding color! Good choice on the 5 lug wheels! I had center lock on my 997 2012 GTS...never again! Lol....
Old 07-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by m_dennis
Thanks for clearing that up. I picked up the car today and gave the dealer a bit of salt for that oversight but really after 7 months of waiting I was just happy to get her.

Car is really quick and definitely attracts attention. So much so that I got a call from the police. Apparently someone reported some spirited driving. Going to the track on monday to stretch her legs a bit and get it out of my system..

I love how civilized Canada is - "a call from the police". They don't 'call' here.

Beautiful car. Whenever I see the option for the painted air vents on the configurator, I can never quite picture the effect being appealing. I was wrong. Again.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:58 PM
2Bad4u
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
The reason you did not get the red stitching on the vents like the rest of the car is that you (well, the dealer) has to include a note on the build sheet. This is, in part, why ordering deviated stitching is risky. If you spec anything in addition to the standard leather, it needs a note or you may get the wrong (or different color) deviated stitiching. Z356 has mentioned this repeatedly.

Helpfully, in the configurator, there is a space for notes. If you look at the summary for this code you will see a little piece of paper in a bubble next to the air vent slats painted option. I have written "next time make the stitching red" or something like that. That has to be done for every option that has deviated stitching or you may not get what you need.

In an actual order, you should say "deviated stitching in [Bordeaux] red" or whatever. Note you could also say "paint the vents Miami blue" as that is an available option for them.
Thanks for the tip. I'm new to Porsche and am planing on getting full leather with deviated stitching. I would not be a happy camper if this happened to me and it really should have been caught by the dealership IMO.

BTW...the car looks great.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS just arrived