Sponsored by:

EPA holding 2018 991.2 deliveries

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 10:12 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
Here's a couple more cell phone pix or the "Orange Beastie".
Very nice--especially with MT!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:05 AM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Ok. Cool. Congrats. I am sorry, I thought you were the Jacksonville guy. My mistake. Hopefully mine is at the dealers too then.
No problemo. I'd suppose your car would be on a different truck headed south since there were quite a few 991s, 918s with 'wraps' on the lot along with mine. Bet your car is at the dealers today !
Old 08-21-2017, 08:09 AM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Very nice--especially with MT!
You bet !

My pressent 991.1 TT is PDK, but the previous 997 TT cab had MT. And, altho the PDK is fantastic, I missed the MT. When I heard that the GTS was going to offer a MT, I jumped at it. Plus, the Targa4 GTS seems like a special car ... at least to me.

Now, just have to wait for final prep, clear bra and tint. Then zoom, zoom!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:17 AM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

I was out on a motorcycle early this afternoon and rode past the dealership just for yah-yahs.

Guess who's car is sitting on their lot? Yep, mine !

When I ordered the Targa 4 GTS sometime in December, the delivery date from Porsche was August 18th. And, that was when the Splendid Ace dropped the car off in Davisville I believe.

And, now it's on the lot ! How neat is that?
You waited nine months for your car!? You have the patience of Jobe! Now I don't feel so bad. I ordered mine April 10th. It arrived in San Diego on the Cepheus Leader, August 10 but has yet to get to my dealer in LA. ('18 C4 GTS Coup).

I ride past my dealer too sometimes. On a '15 CVO Harley Road Glide
Old 08-21-2017, 09:03 AM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 9ELOVIN
You waited nine months for your car!? You have the patience of Jobe! Now I don't feel so bad. I ordered mine April 10th. It arrived in San Diego on the Cepheus Leader, August 10 but has yet to get to my dealer in LA. ('18 C4 GTS Coup).

I ride past my dealer too sometimes. On a '15 CVO Harley Road Glide
I really didn't wait that long for the car. But, needed to drop a deposit for one of the few allocations for a '18 Targa4 GTS. Apparently, they were a bit scarce. I think that was in Nov / Dec '

The order was placed 4/21/17 ... the first date the dealer could place an order for a 2018 GTS (apparently). So, the wait was a bit longish as the beginning ... waiting to see if we got an allocation slot. But, I guess the actual wait time was short. Altho, it did feel quite long.

I'm pretty anxious now !
Old 08-21-2017, 10:53 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,143 Likes on 982 Posts

No problemo. I'd suppose your car would be on a different truck headed south since there were quite a few 991s, 918s with 'wraps' on the lot along with mine. Bet your car is at the dealers today !
This is going to sound totally weird....or not. My wife and I couldn't sleep and woke up at 1am this morning. We said....let's drive to the dealers and stalk their lot to see if our baby is there. 22 miles away.

I felt like a criminal driving on their lot and around the dealership at 2am. I did not see my car.

Yes. I know I am obsessing.....and I already put 2750 miles on the car during European delivery so I know my baby inside and out, but I still miss her.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:11 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by subshooter
This is going to sound totally weird....or not. My wife and I couldn't sleep and woke up at 1am this morning. We said....let's drive to the dealers and stalk their lot to see if our baby is there. 22 miles away.

I felt like a criminal driving on their lot and around the dealership at 2am. I did not see my car.

Yes. I know I am obsessing.....and I already put 2750 miles on the car during European delivery so I know my baby inside and out, but I still miss her.
Hey, I don't blame you. If you can't sleep, well ... what else could you do at 1 AM? I don't think that's obsessing at all. I'm surprised your car isn't on the lot. ??

After golf this morning, I went to the dealers to see the "Orange Crush" Targa4. They put it at the front of the line, unwrapped it, and started doing all the "things" that dealers do. Was all cleaned up.

I'm going to remove the Porsche 911 from the back of the car like I did on my TT. I like it clean. Also, think I'll have them paint the Targa script on the bar thingie Lava Orange, too. Just to bring it out a bit on the satin black hoop.

Video'd the top going up and down. Pretty smooth. Didn't notice any jiggling and it seemed pretty fast. The doors shut with a THUNK sorta reminiscent of the 993 I had. Kinda nice.

We fired it up in sport mode to check out the PSE. Sounds nice, but nothing like my TT aftermarket exhaust. I may have to fool with that.

Car is off for tint and clear bra application, plus a couple add ons and such. The clear protective guy is booked, but they're trying to shove my car ahead of some. Anyway, looks like worse case I'll pick the car up a week from tomorrow. Tuesday next. Of course I'm more than anxious now that the car is HERE !
Old 08-22-2017, 01:19 AM
9ELOVIN
Racer

2018's are flowing in... finally. Mine arrived at the dealer this a.m. and I drove out by about 2:30 p.m.

Black over Bordeaux Red Interior

Sapphire Blue Metallic
Old 08-22-2017, 01:46 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 9ELOVIN
2018's are flowing in... finally. Mine arrived at the dealer this a.m. and I drove out by about 2:30 p.m.
Mmmm love the yummy blue and black/red. Congrats! Put the clear turn markers on asap.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:20 AM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Mmmm love the yummy blue and black/red. Congrats! Put the clear turn markers on asap.
Done. Took them with me to the dealer. See here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1013...-gts-coup.html
Old 09-22-2017, 10:57 AM
Dan Carlson
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ITS MY 2018 TURBO AND I WANT IT NOW!! [Ordered in June!]

Quick Reply: EPA holding 2018 991.2 deliveries