Interior Choice for Graphite Blue GTS Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 11:05 AM
deichenb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Choice for Graphite Blue GTS Build

Hello 991 Forum,

I am excited to return to DD 911 ownership after 6 years of E63 experience . Thank goodness for no more rear-facing children! My last DD 911 was a 996 4S 6-speed Coupe and I am ordering a 2018 7-speed GTS Coupe. I cannot decide on the interior color.

The exterior will be Graphite Blue with sunroof delete. I don't love Alcantara and want ventilated seats (for the FL heat), so I am going to go with full leather. I am considering Black vs Agate vs Espresso. I'm going to go fairly light on interior dress other than that - painted interior surfaces in Graphite and a carbon shifter/sills. I'd love to hear opinions on the best complimentary interior color for a Graphite car.

Thank you in advance,
David

Last edited by deichenb; 07-06-2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: More specific title
Old 07-06-2017, 01:18 PM
tcdeaver
AutoX

Although I like Alcantara I liked ventilated seats better! So I got the ventilated seat too. Mine is Carmine Red with blank interior. I also got the rear seat shell in black leather. I wanted an all Black interior. My only regret is that I didn't get the red stitching and GTS logo on the head rest.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:34 PM
deichenb
Instructor

Originally Posted by tcdeaver
Although I like Alcantara I liked ventilated seats better! So I got the ventilated seat too. Mine is Carmine Red with blank interior. I also got the rear seat shell in black leather. I wanted an all Black interior. My only regret is that I didn't get the red stitching and GTS logo on the head rest.
Thank you! I am thinking about the rear seat shell in the interior color. I think it may be more durable than the silvered seatback.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:28 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. I'm also going back from E63s. I was on fence. Loved the Graphite at night. Liked it in day time. So ended up with Agate Grey but if I was in Graphite. The Chaulk was 100% my interior choice for that colour. The two gone really worked well. i would assume your butt will thank you in FL heat having light color leather.

im waiting on my GTS 4 Cab. It's sitting at port in Emden, germany.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 88 Posts

Here is what agate looks like. It was kind of a shot in the dark, but I like how it turned out plus very little reflection in the windshield. Since I took these pics, I replaced the mats with black for a little more contrast.
Attached Images   
Old 07-06-2017, 02:38 PM
mrneddles
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

We just got a Macan with full leather agate interior, and it is more brown than grey. I would describe it as a mushroom brown. I would steer clear of graphite blue exterior/agate leather, but that's just my taste.

My choice would be the two tone graphite/chalk interior, but add deviated seat inserts in graphite blue to add some sportiness and better long term wear.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:08 PM
deichenb
Instructor

Thanks again guys and nice photos. I do like the idea of chalk as a contrast in the interior, but I'm worried about wear even in the 2-tone. Plus I will be DD'ing the car.

I like that Agate is actually a little brown and I can see it in the photos... less sterile than black perhaps? I'm curious how the deep brown of Espresso would work. Or maybe even blue on blue with a Graphite interior, if anyone is brave enough to have gone that way. (Methinks that would lack contrast/ visual interest.)
Old 07-06-2017, 06:08 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I think blue on blue, but I own a Porsche with a blue interior so take it for what it is worth. I think the interior graphite blue will be noticeably darker than the exterior graphite blue (which in real life is grey blue and fairly light). With the carbon trim and other accents (sport seat plus backs are silver grey) I think it would look great.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:31 PM
jsaviano
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should do the chalk/blue interior. Looks nice.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:39 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

I would stick to black leather with rhodium stitch package for GBM...though chalk and blue interior would be cool with it as well.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:50 PM
deichenb
Instructor

Thanks again for the responses. Any photos out there emphasizing the interior of the GBM over the Chalk/Blue? I have not seen that in-person. Or any photos of something bold like one of the true browns? I've seen the GTS package w Rhodium stitching which is quite tasteful, sporting, and characteristic of the model, but I'm still thinking about a "color" combo... nothing gauche; the Agate even looks like a color in the photos above.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:04 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-06-2017, 07:14 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Agate Grey would be my choice. Black and Espresso both rich looking but hot in the Florida sun and show dust more. Of course it's personal taste but I don't think the dark colors will work that well with the exterior color you have chosen.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by deichenb
Thanks again guys and nice photos. I do like the idea of chalk as a contrast in the interior, but I'm worried about wear even in the 2-tone. Plus I will be DD'ing the car.

I like that Agate is actually a little brown and I can see it in the photos... less sterile than black perhaps? I'm curious how the deep brown of Espresso would work. Or maybe even blue on blue with a Graphite interior, if anyone is brave enough to have gone that way. (Methinks that would lack contrast/ visual interest.)

The Agate looks nice. But, I think the Expresso would look very, very classy with the graphite blue. My vote is for the espresso. Especially with the painted interior surfaces to break it up and contrast. It will be a subtle look.

Definitely see both colors of leather in person before deciding. Even if it's just a sample.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I would stick to black leather with rhodium stitch package for GBM.

This is also a great option. Perhaps the best.

Quick Reply: Interior Choice for Graphite Blue GTS Build