Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's it worth...991.2 PDK Racing Yellow...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017 | 08:59 PM
rai
Instructor

My divorced friend always told me "It's cheaper to keep her."
Old 07-06-2017 | 02:50 AM
mmaturo
Racer

My nephew is running from his 6 month old 17WRX. I would keep and drive the 911 also. great daily car. If you are worried about depreciation ditch the car now. Now now...its losing value by the month. The figures a few posts above mirror what I have seen watched in the used 991.1 market over time. Your base will drop more than you think. Yellow may be rough. Good luck. Been through this myself. My second wife is a huge improvement. After the divorce I got a car that made me happy period driving it everyday with zero compromise (at the time an 03 Audi RS6) and loved it. So in your case I would just be driving the 911. The cost of your WRX is the exact offset of the depreciation with mileage on your 911. So not sure I see the reason to keep/pay for both no doubt.
Old 07-06-2017 | 07:57 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rai
Misery is always more expensive... been there done it.

However, in this situation it seems like the OP's wife asked for the divorce so assuming he does not want it, my heart goes out to him and hope things work out... maybe best to think someone has a plan for him and when one door closes, another opens.

Oh, and keep the Porsche.
Old 07-06-2017 | 02:33 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Outside of an abusive relationship, I think nearly all marriages can be saved if both parties are willing. And it's worth it, the relationship is better on the other side of a rocky period.
I have to join the chorus, keep the Porsche.
Old 07-06-2017 | 02:57 PM
fast1
Race Car

Originally Posted by rai
My room mate in college was a playboy. He changed girls like most of us change shirts. So when he got married (I was his best man) I figured his marriage would last less than a year. My former room mate moved out of State shortly after he was married, and I didn't see him again for almost ten years. As soon as I saw him, I asked if he were still married. He answered yes and pulled out his wallet and showed me pictures of his beautiful home, a nice condo on the beach, four beautiful cars, etc. After showing me the pictures, he told me that every time that he is tempted, he looks at the pictures he showed me, and imagined how life would be with only half of his possessions.
Old 07-06-2017 | 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fast1
My room mate in college was a playboy. He changed girls like most of us change shirts. So when he got married (I was his best man) I figured his marriage would last less than a year. My former room mate moved out of State shortly after he was married, and I didn't see him again for almost ten years. As soon as I saw him, I asked if he were still married. He answered yes and pulled out his wallet and showed me pictures of his beautiful home, a nice condo on the beach, four beautiful cars, etc. After showing me the pictures, he told me that every time that he is tempted, he looks at the pictures he showed me, and imagined how life would be with only half of his possessions.
Why not just never put your possessions at risk in the first place? If she'll only stay with you because of a contract...
Old 07-06-2017 | 03:52 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by fast1
That was a time ago - yes? Now we have facebook to show off our material wealth and cell phones!
Old 07-06-2017 | 04:09 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

If the only thing keeping someone with their wife is the thought of losing half their net worth, they've got a pretty ****ty marriage.

As Louis CK said, there are no bad divorces, just ****ty marriages.

Last edited by Archimedes; 07-06-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2017 | 04:22 PM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

I would get rid of the Subaru and daily drive the Porsche. If you can afford it, keep the Porsche.
Old 07-06-2017 | 08:04 PM
yashagrawal
Racer

Originally Posted by AlBinVA
my back of the envelope depreciation schedule on 991's goes like this.

16% - year 1
26% - year 2
33% - year 3
40% - year 4

Apply these percentages to MSRP (do not include sales tax)

Best of luck
Do these percentages/rules of thumb apply to Turbos too ?
Old 07-06-2017 | 09:22 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

I was not looking for a turbo so the data I collected was primarily on the S. I did find anomalies with the GTS which held values better. It is possible that the turbo would follow suit. Maybe turbo owners/lookers can expand on that?
Old 07-08-2017 | 02:39 PM
niche
Drifting

Congratulations on the divorce. Keep 911, get snipped and don't remarry.
Old 07-08-2017 | 03:14 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yashagrawal
Do these percentages/rules of thumb apply to Turbos too ?
http://flatsixes.com/porsche-culture...tion-analysis/

Quick Reply: What's it worth...991.2 PDK Racing Yellow...