Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order sheet on a C2 PTS, LTS one last check please, options not in the configuator?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 11:40 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts
Default Order sheet on a C2 PTS, LTS one last check please, options not in the configuator?

I am ordering a base C2 (well I already ordered it but am going to finalize it today at the dealer and check one more time before it locks). My plan is to order/own/drive until my miracle comes through (GT3 PTS and 6MT).

Are there options not on the configurator I should consider? What is ornimental crest I see on some builds? Just the hood badge that comes standard on the base/s?

Any comments are welcome. Basically I am going for basic. I am 100% on no PDK, no sunroof, the 19in wheels, no sport exhaust, no 14/18 way power seats and no bose. My main questions are should I order more leather. The Leather to Sample (LTS) is schwarz natur (natural black) and I am between a rock and a hard place (pun intended) with the sport plus seats because you can't get anything done to the seat backs in leather with LTS outside of CXX. I thought about doing the air vents and slats in leather but (1) $1770 is an aweful lot of money for that (2) I am told it will be smooth not natural and (3) the steering wheel, speaker trim, and door handles will still be silver (along with the painted seat backs). My last question is the wood. I love it, but maybe I just suck it up and live with the silver trim I dislike as you can't really get rid of it all. I also do not want the gear shift in wood as you get one little small piece of wood which makes it busier. I also see reference to a sport (I assume GT size) wood wheel, but can't find a code.

Without further delay:

Exterior Color
Exterior Paint to Sample, Non-Metallic
$6,960
Interior Color
Leather Interior in Color to Sample
$5,600
Exterior
Deletion of Model Designation
$0
Performance
Manual Transmission
$0
Wheels
19" Carrera Wheels
$0
Interior
Auto-Dimming Mirrors
$420
Sport Seats Plus (4-way)
P05
$440
Seat Heating (Front)
$700
Seat Ventilation (Front)
$840
Smoking Package
$0
Fire Extinguisher
$140
Interior Wood
Mahogany Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
EKE
$2,000
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel in Mahogany Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XHV
$990
Interior
- see attached sketch -
$0
Preparation for Leather to Sample
$0
Color Selection for Deviated Carpet
RAZ-Black
$0
Paint / Exterior Color
Preparation for Exterior Paint to Sample
$0
Total Price*
$110,240

[EDIT: dealer sheet adds voice control, a freebie if you are a customer order and ornamental crest]

Last edited by evilfij; 07-16-2017 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:47 AM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 67 Posts

If you can spec Sport PASM, I would get it, I have it and it makes a big difference in the aesthetics and from a handling perspective too.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:58 AM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

With almost $20k in options you're going well into C2S territory. If I were in your shoes and if the budget was capped around $110k I'd get a c2s with auto dimming mirrors, heated ventilated seats, and bose and you would be right around $110k. You'd be getting turbo brake calipers with aluminum hats, bigger turbo + power, and 20" wheels standard over the c2.

If you are going to stick with the c2 with intentions of purchasing a GT3 later on the money you spend on PTS, deviated carpet, and the wood trim you will never see again... good luck.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:18 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Thank you. I am a bit odd in my thinking so let me explain.

It is not a budget issue. If I could get an allocation for a GT2 RS I would write the check today. If I was not doing PTS and LTS I would just get a white or black or sapphire C2 with 4 way sport plus seats, heated, ventilated, leather trim, a multifunction wheel, auto dim, fire extinguisher, smokers package, and deletion of model designation. That is under $100k. $96,440 in black or white to be exact. But that is not what I want.

PASM comes standard on a 991.2 and Sport PASM is only available as an option on the S. I don't actually want any of the fancy suspension things or 20in wheels and prefer a car without them. I drive conservatively since I put my lotus on its roof years ago. Also, I absolutely must have PTS as I want a particular color. The $2520 for the wood (over and above the $470 normal multifunction wheel) I don't mind because I can move it to the GT3 if I get an allocation. If I could get leather trim with leather to sample, I would probably strongly consider that as it would save me $1500 (it is $1100 for leather trim and $470 for a multifunction as opposed to $2000 and $990 for mahogany trim and multifunction wheel). I admit the Leather to Sample is an indulgence, but I love natural leather. The "deviated" carpet is included in LTS (as is deviated stitching) but I am speccing both in black so there is no deviation at all.

Last edited by evilfij; 07-16-2017 at 04:17 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:24 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 353 Likes on 209 Posts

That sounds like its going to be a very nice car. I wouldn't get the vents in leather and I got 14 way rather than 18 precisely because I didn't want to pay for seat backs in leather. I would get the steering wheel binnacle done in leather though. You see it and touch it often- for less than $500 it was well worth it IMO.

Also just ensure they add voice control (it wasn't on the option list when I ordered may be now) and I had to tell them.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:31 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Just curious, what color PTS are you planning?

I agree that the natural leather is a substantial step up from P's full leather interior. I have the espresso/cognac interior and really enjoy the feel of the natural leather.

As far as additional options to add, I would consider steering column casing in leather (Porsche code "XNS") for $470 and extended interior package dashboard trim in leather (Porsche code "CZW") for $1770. Both of these options are readily noticeable, particularly with deviated stitching, and really upgrade the look of your interior. Although the latter is a bit pricey, with deviated stitching it really adds a lot, in my opinion.

I can't add anything about the wood options as I'm not a big fan. I would also look through Eduardo's thread at the top of this board if you haven't already done so, "Porsche Exclusive and You". He is the guru of all things Porsche Exclusive and is very responsive to questions.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:20 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
....Basically I am going for basic. ...
With 20k in options? You're funny, dude.

If you don't like aluminum interior trim, you can order it PTS, sort of. They told me they would paint the interior trim any of the "basic" (in keeping with your game plan) car colors offered over the last two years. Price was 3k, or thereabouts.

Would be something to think about. And a gutsy move.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:38 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Basically I am going for basic (with $15,500 or thereabouts in exterior and interior cosmetics). ;-). That better? Lol.

The two C2 base cars with 7MT on the lot were the same price or actually slightly more money. Sunroof, sports exhaust, 14 way or 18 way, 20s, all sorts of stuff I do not want so I am happier ordering what I want.

The steering column and air vents are a lot of where I am debating. Those are very good points. If I was doing something other than black LTS it would be a no brainer, but I am hoping the black stock stuff looks good.

Last edited by evilfij; 07-01-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:37 PM
RODOLFO04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry

I hadnt read all the post

you should order exactly what you want, if budget is not an issue

never think about resale

it is your car, not the next owners one
Old 07-01-2017, 03:44 PM
rai
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GTS with minimal options sounds better in my book. No one is going to pay extra for a custom paint job on resale (I don't think) but the GTS has a lot of built in options (standard like 4-way sport seats etc) starts at $120K. I would not get any extra cost leather or wood either. But of course everybody has their own likes and dislikes.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:46 PM
RODOLFO04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I thought

but he is looking for a classic look not the gts look
Old 07-01-2017, 03:58 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RODOLFO04
That's what I thought

but he is looking for a classic look not the gts look
Exactly. Sitting at the dealer now.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:00 PM
rai
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do like the classic look and 19" wheels, plus the cost of GTS is not insignificant.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:38 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the help.

So I sat in a full leather S with carbon trim and 18 way seats for 10 minutes while my SA finished up with someone else. It really helped as I only sat in it before for 30 seconds while trying sport plus seats. The end result is that I am fine with the silver backs on the sport plus seats and the shiny trim on the steering wheel and vents. It looks fine and goes with the trim on the door handles and door speaker area. It is more chrome which I sort of dig. And the seat backs are a darker grey. Overall it is a classic look.

I am happy. Now I wait. For a long time. Lol.

PS I got ornamental crest and voice control. Apparently all of them get ornamental crest and voice control only comes on customer ordered cars. :-)
Old 07-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 615 Posts

Which green (if not a secret)?
I have a Viper Targa inbound (LTS natural black as well), but also considered Brewster, Irish and Oak Green Metallic.

Quick Reply: Order sheet on a C2 PTS, LTS one last check please, options not in the configuator?