Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order sheet on a C2 PTS, LTS one last check please, options not in the configuator?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 07:52 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Sort of a secret until it is approved (or not).

I can't wait to see your LTS in black natural. Let me know when it comes in and post some pics. When do you expect to have it? I know you said it was on the boat.

My latest waffle is whether I want the mahogany wheel or the multifunction and GT wheel. The mahogany multifunction and plain multifunction have silver around the hub, the GT wheel just has three little insets.

UGH Porsche makes it so hard.

I asked the dealer if there was a mahogany GT multifunction but apparently not.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Sort of a secret until it is approved (or not).

I can't wait to see your LTS in black natural. Let me know when it comes in and post some pics. When do you expect to have it? I know you said it was on the boat.

My latest waffle is whether I want the mahogany wheel or the multifunction and GT wheel. The mahogany multifunction and plain multifunction have silver around the hub, the GT wheel just has three little insets.

UGH Porsche makes it so hard.

I asked the dealer if there was a mahogany GT multifunction but apparently not.
Due in Davisville 7/6. I'm guessing at dealer by the 15th-20th if all goes well. I ordered the natural black without seeing a sample as I wanted black and natural leather - I hope it's "blacker" than the standard black leather interior.
I went with GT MFSW. I'm a big fan of MFSWs in leather. I let the SA talk me into ordering the leather/walnut steering wheel on my S550 and I'm not very fond of it. The wood part doesn't heat when it's cold and I learned I much prefer the feel of all leather.
If it were me, I would rate the multi function aspect the more important to have. I use mine all the time.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:23 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

What did they quote you on delivery time?
Old 07-02-2017, 06:59 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
What did they quote you on delivery time?
No quote; guesstimating from past orders and PAG's estimates. My last 3 cars were between 7-10 days from port entry to delivery.
I think the last note from dealer said either 7/20 or 7/24 (on my desktop and don't remember); Porsche usually pads their estimates in favor of "early delivery", meaning they often beat the estimates by a few days.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:09 AM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 65 Posts

I think you will love the black natural leather. I have a 991.1 GTS coupe with the two-color black/garnet red leather interior. The garnet red was stated to be natural leather, but there was no mention of the black leather being natural. I was very happy to discover that it is, including the black leather on the tops of the doors (all the way back under the rear side windows). I went totally over-the-top into near insanity and spent the $1,700+ for the entire top of the dash to be leather (also natural) with garnet red stitching. The contrasting color red stitching did not cost extra on the GTS. I did not get the leather air vent slats. Instead, for the same whopper of a price, I ordered the air vent slats in the car's exterior color (Sapphire Blue Met), which came with leather trim surrounding the vents in black with garnet red stitching. I personally love it, but it is not to everyone's taste.

I wish I had ordered the leather steering column leather, but it can be done later (with labor costs added!). I also ordered leather sun visors, figuring that this leather part is closest to my nose, for that leather smell. The car has such a wonderful leather aroma, two years later, that any wafting from the sun visors is purely inconsequential.

I really wanted black carpeting, but for some reason with the GTS I was not able to order the contrasting color carpeting. Porsche was a bit unreasonable I thought, in this area. The OEM black standard mats belonged on a cheaper car, but the upgrade to Lloyds black mats was very little money.

Your car sounds like it will be perfect for driving all the time. The GT3, should you get one, could keep it company in your garage!
Old 07-02-2017, 01:33 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Thanks Kwikit356

I put a lot of thought into this build and your comments reassure me. I love natural leather, but was not enthused about expresso or expresso/cognac. Black/red in natural sounds great. If you look at the 3D configurator you can see what comes in LTS (or not, but the same color) and you get the dash, but not some minor stuff like the steering column. And you can't get sunvisors, sport plus seat backs, or the dash/door/console trim. Overall I am happy without shelling out more money for leather as this started out as a "budget" build to get my color approved and hold me over until I scored a GT3 and then morphed into get what you really want.

With LTS I think you may get the really fancy leather edged mats and a key fob pouch, but I am going to use cocomats.com coco mats. Lloyds are nice but I am not a carpet mat guy and the factory rubber mats wear in my experience.

Last edited by evilfij; 07-11-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:21 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Great build! I cannot wait to hear more about it as well as see some pics.

Keep us posted!
Old 07-11-2017, 08:13 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Great build! I cannot wait to hear more about it as well as see some pics.

Keep us posted!
Thanks and will do! I am told four months or so for my color to be approved (or not) so you will have your car before I even know if I can have my car. Right now mine exists only on an order sheet and in a Porsche computer.

So far no changes. I keep waffling on the steering wheel (GTMF or wood) and whether to get my free deviated stitiching (Agate, GT silver are the leading choices). When asked of gets his car I will have more info on the black natural LTS.

Quick Reply: Order sheet on a C2 PTS, LTS one last check please, options not in the configuator?