Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by LTP
HRE, outlaw looks better on classic Porsche
+1
Old 06-26-2017, 08:44 PM
LTP
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm actually selling my HRE, PM if you're interested.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:56 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
HRE hands down
Originally Posted by golden1911
umm.. HRE. no question
Originally Posted by Hurricane
HRE, in silver...
Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1 on HRE
Originally Posted by Code
HRE!!!!
Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
no brainer - HRE
Originally Posted by 911boy
Go HRE. I went HRE P101 in satin black and love them on my GR 991.2. Lightweight isn't much lighter and lip is a little different.
Originally Posted by Jim M.
+991 for the HRE's!
Originally Posted by Bigalfromfl
IMO: The HRE's. A little bit more of a modern look which compliments your car more. Again, my opinion only. I think the others work well on a more retro looking vehicle.

Keep us posted!
Originally Posted by LTP
HRE, outlaw looks better on classic Porsche
Originally Posted by R_Rated
+1
1 Million internet points to you all for the support. Of course those points are meaningless, but I appreciate your comments, thank you!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:37 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by LTP
I'm actually selling my HRE, PM if you're interested.
Pics?
Old 06-26-2017, 09:39 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by WheelsB
Hey Johnny, it would be my pleasure to help you out and potentially earn your business.

From a styling standpoint this is a decision I think you'd have to make for yourself to ensure your happiness with the purchase. Do you want to go with the look that has been done so many times because of how perfect it is or do you want to be unique price on rotiform Fuchs please
and different and go with the old

If you prioritize performance, quality, & re-sale value more than the styling then it's a no-brainer in favor of the HRE's.

Rotiform also offers a Fuchs inspired wheel called the FUC that is fully custom forged from T6 aluminum (like the HRE's) and are significantly less than the Outlaws.

Here are a couple of cool finishes you can do with the HRE's to be different:

Price on 20" 991.1 c2s rot Fuchs please
Old 06-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Alec Syme
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I like the outlaws. Much more unique and definitely old school. My jam completely.

Alec
Old 06-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

Wow. It seems the overwhelming majority here prefer the HRE. Thanks for the kind feedback.

I'll think a bit further on it and decide after some intense mental masturbation.

I kinda thought about the old school look since the old look was what I grew up looking at as a kid. Part of the reason why I went w the 4S for a light bar. But in some ways I agree the new cars may be too modern to really pull this off, although the 50th 911's do their own variation of it well.

For those that have seen the HRE in person, do the P101's look dramatically different from the Carrera s wheels? In some ways I feel like they're such a similar look, but I've never seen them in person.

Here are my S wheels.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:25 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neither. Look at the Forgeline stuff.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:01 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Of course we already talked about the wheels some via PM, but one thing I hadn't mentioned was that the HREs bring to the table that the Magnus wheel does not is the deeper dish, especially on the rear. It seems to amplify the wide hips of the 4S to me, even more so than on the S that was shown as the last of the photos you first included. Check out the hips in these photos below!

While this looks pretty good in a still photo, you should see what these look like when I'm out maneuvering and those deep-dished spokes are slashing around. I also think that they work well in silver since the silver plays well off all of the silver in the lights and contrasts well with the agate.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:06 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Carrera S and P101 are night and day difference.

Plus more aggressive offset option, deeper look, lighter, and more open spoke design.

Plus HRE has a lot of other styles too.

Name:  photo267.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  284.6 KBName:  photo410.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  263.1 KB
Old 06-26-2017, 11:28 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Stormrune: yes I appreciate all your wisdom. You really are the man, but one thing I should have mentioned: the wheels don't look very good on your car. You should sell them to me

cut your losses?
Old 06-26-2017, 11:57 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
Stormrune: yes I appreciate all your wisdom. You really are the man, but one thing I should have mentioned: the wheels don't look very good on your car. You should sell them to me
cut your losses?
The WheelsBoutique photos may have revealed the other color scheme I think would have actually looked hottest on the car, so maybe I really didn't make the best choice. Here, I've mocked it up for you. Either these or the torquoise.

But in all seriousness, if you'd like for me to try to mock up a particular wheel for your car, shoot me a side photo of your car and a shot of the wheel from a similar perspective and I'll give it a try for you. Even better if you can find a photo of the wheels on another 991 from a similar angle, regardless of the color of the car. Here are three mockups I did of the P101s for my car. You can see the last one came out pretty close as long as you ignore that the calipers are a bit wrong (I was using photos from other car makes and with only one wheel). The first of these is brush dark clear, the second is brushed titanium, and third other is brushed clear.

I should point out that I think both HRE and Wheels Boutique can do this for you too, and probably better.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:10 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Wow that looks awesome. My car looks identical to this so it is spot on. Thanks for being so generous with your time.

did you do any mockups in any of the bronze finishes?
Old 06-27-2017, 12:12 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

StormRune >> nice skillz
Old 06-27-2017, 12:45 AM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

[QUOTE=StormRune;14282346]Of course we already talked about the wheels some via PM, but one thing I hadn't mentioned was that the HREs bring to the table that the Magnus wheel does not is the deeper dish, especially on the rear. It seems to amplify the wide hips of the 4S to me, even more so than on the S that was shown as the last of the photos you first included. Check out the hips in these photos below!

While this looks pretty good in a still photo, you should see what these look like when I'm out maneuvering and those deep-dished spokes are slashing around. I also think that they work well in silver since the silver plays well off all of the silver in the lights and contrasts well with the agate.

Good god that looks awesome.

+1 more for HREs

Quick Reply: HRE or Magnus Walker Outlaw