Nero_991
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great Tyler!
Old 06-20-2017, 02:51 PM
Ira Blumberg
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Why Pilot Super Sports and not Pilot Sport 4 S (or whatever the new tire is called)?
Old 06-20-2017, 02:57 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Modification tastes are subjective, I really appreciate seeing these projects regardless whether I would do everything the exact same way. That's not the point of it.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:13 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

People on rennlist don't seem too keen on mods and the "warranty police" always shows up but it's your car and you do what you want with it. Definitely keep us posted on new additions and I think a sport design front will complete the look.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:39 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks for creating this thread and sharing your build. I admire your focus on getting the suspension tuning right. I'm sure the car was great stock, but these sort of projects are very cool and given the choice I'd rather improve suspension vs. power.

Brake-related questions: What do you think of the Brembo kit? Any noise/cost/feel/install headaches, etc.? Would you do the same again or just spec the PCCBs option to begin with, given the full F&R 380mm kit appears to cost roughly the same?

Thanks! Keep us posted on updates.

Last edited by quickxotica; 06-20-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:17 PM
asia
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Brembo GT: What pads? Any other brake system changes? How does the pedal feel compare?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:23 AM
PacificGerman
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman727
Where did you get the rear spoiler?
Its the Techart Type ll spoiler. PM me and I can forward you the information.

Originally Posted by RSSmike
Nice!
Thanks Mike!

Originally Posted by quattr0
Thank you so much for sharing! I'm having the same project on my C2.

How difference is it having these two installed: Bilstein coilovers, Elephant control arms? Do you have front air lift?

I drove 2015 GT3 and love the steering feel so much. Trying to find a solution.
Does not have front lift.

Originally Posted by smbryan
The GIAC tuning info notes 98 and 108 octane for their performance #'s benefits... Are you using those or just 91?
GIAC has a specific file for 91 octane.

Originally Posted by CDH911C2S
I really like the first set of mods you performed--the car looks very cohesive....the last mods add more--like what an aftermarket company does to illustrate all mods that are possible---enjoy your ride

Curious as to the cost of the mods? Can't be cheap---

Cheers
Could have (should have?) picked up a lightly used 991 Turbo S for the cost of car plus the upgrades. Still sometimes considering selling it and jumping to Lamborghini.

Originally Posted by Nero_991
Looks great Tyler!
Thanks Nick, yours is looking good too!

Originally Posted by Ira Blumberg
Why Pilot Super Sports and not Pilot Sport 4 S (or whatever the new tire is called)?
I wanted the new P4S, but unfortunately they are not yet available in this size.

Originally Posted by mikex25
People on rennlist don't seem too keen on mods and the "warranty police" always shows up but it's your car and you do what you want with it. Definitely keep us posted on new additions and I think a sport design front will complete the look.
I had ordered a GTS / Sport Design front bumper but cancelled when I saw the new GT3 front bumper. Still up in the air as to which direction to go with.

Originally Posted by quickxotica
Thanks for creating this thread and sharing your build. I admire your focus on getting the suspension tuning right. I'm sure the car was great stock, but these sort of projects are very cool and given the choice I'd rather improve suspension vs. power.

Brake-related questions: What do you think of the Brembo kit? Any noise/cost/feel/install headaches, etc.? Would you do the same again or just spec the PCCBs option to begin with, given the full F&R 380mm kit appears to cost roughly the same?

Thanks! Keep us posted on updates.
There was a car on the lot with PCCBs when I picked this up, also the previous car I had to this also had ceramic brakes. The downside to PCCB on the Carrera models I think is the size (350mm) they do look a bit small stuffed behind 20 or 21" wheels.
No headaches to the 380mm Brembo GT kits, and I would do them again in a heartbeat. I think next time around I'd go with slotted brake discs, as the drilled tend to wear in a way which makes them groove a bit.

Originally Posted by asia
Brembo GT: What pads? Any other brake system changes? How does the pedal feel compare?
These Brembo systems ship with their FM1000 pads; next time I will be going with the Racetechnologies TS20 pads. Both are great, good initial bite, low noise, low wear, but the TS20 are a bit cleaner. No other brake changes other than Bremo HTC-64T performance fluid. Pedal feel and modulation and great, a bit firmer than stock.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:55 AM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice Tyler! I saw your car on IG and had reposted it. Lovely!

Old 06-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Driven991
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

Like everything but the gold wheels. Thank you for sharing this project!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:18 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The new GT3 front bumper looks so aggressive, I love it too. Where did you order the sport design front bumper? Suncoast said it wasn't available yet.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:10 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 495 Posts

Very nice!
Old 06-21-2017, 02:41 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprchng
There was a car on the lot with PCCBs when I picked this up, also the previous car I had to this also had ceramic brakes. The downside to PCCB on the Carrera models I think is the size (350mm) they do look a bit small stuffed behind 20 or 21" wheels.
Just for the record, on the PCNA configurator when you check the box to add PCCBs to a 2018 Carrera 2, S or GTS it specifically states they are 410mm in front and 390mm at the rear. This may have changed since the 991.1 days. The new genIII version of the PCCBs seems standardized at this new huge size regardless of which Carrera you start with.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:34 AM
PacificGerman
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MikeF_Vossen
Very nice Tyler! I saw your car on IG and had reposted it. Lovely!

Thanks Mike! Another photo shoot to come soon.

Originally Posted by mikex25
The new GT3 front bumper looks so aggressive, I love it too. Where did you order the sport design front bumper? Suncoast said it wasn't available yet.
Directly from my local Porsche dealer.. The Sport Design bumper became available about a month ago. Not local yet, it had to come from Germany.

Originally Posted by quickxotica
Just for the record, on the PCNA configurator when you check the box to add PCCBs to a 2018 Carrera 2, S or GTS it specifically states they are 410mm in front and 390mm at the rear. This may have changed since the 991.1 days. The new genIII version of the PCCBs seems standardized at this new huge size regardless of which Carrera you start with.
I see that now, interesting. The downside to 410mm is that it limits you to 20" wheels. Even then I think it will be a little tight for aftermarket wheel fitments.
I want to run with local HPDEs in this car, so at least the 380mm Brembo kit that is on the car now will allow for 19" wheels.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Much better on the previous wheels although I like how the 21's fill it out.

How do you like those coilovers?
Old 06-22-2017, 07:59 PM
PacificGerman
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sticky
Much better on the previous wheels although I like how the 21's fill it out.

How do you like those coilovers?
The Bilstein Ridecontrols are great.

Ride quality wise I would probably say the comfort mode feels similar to the old sport mode, and now the sport mode is pretty firm! Noticably firmer than stock all around, but I prefer this ride quality as I thought the stock ride was too soft.

Quick Reply: GT Silver 991.2 Project