Sponsored by:

Pulled over no front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by onedae
"Not true at all out here in California. A cop will not initiate a traffic stop solely over a missing plate. It could get tacked on if you get pulled over for something else, but you won't get pulled over just for a plate. "

Wrong - Maybe true where you are, but in LA they will use any excuse to pull you over. Happened to me twice and several of my friends.
I've asked it of both CHP and SM county Sheriffs and they both told me that they have no time or interest to pull someone over just for a front plate, but they would tack it on to another moving violation. I was actually asking about something else (driving without a license ticket) both times and threw in the license plate question. I've never run a front plate in over 20 years here and never been ticketed for it, even though I've had dozens of cops staring directly at the front of my car over the years. I expect that I will get it someday, and I'll just pay the fine and move on. I wouldn't put a plate on unless I had a local cop repeatedly ticketing me for it.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by pfan
Here in the OC, if they attempted to stop every vehicle without a front plate, the streets would be nearly empty. Same goes for cellphone usage.
Used to be that way up here, but over the last decade a lot of people seem to have gotten religion. Used to be 10-15% with no plate, but now I'd say it's less than 5% of us.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:07 PM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

This is a matter of perspective. People with new Porsche money are mere street kids compared to Archimedes money. Any cop in the Bay Area, seeing him depart the triple-gated, super posh, golf club, or pulling away from the golden halls of the iconic Union Club, (the crème de la crème of gentleman’s clubs up on Hob Hill) will think twice about some plate ticket. It’s well known in policing circles that one word from him can mean reassignment to beat cop in the bowels of the Hood forever.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Bug up *** about something?

I currently live in a 1500 square foot rental in nowheresville, CA.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:19 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jennifer911
This is a matter of perspective. People with new Porsche money are mere street kids compared to Archimedes money. Any cop in the Bay Area, seeing him depart the triple-gated, super posh, golf club, or pulling away from the golden halls of the iconic Union Club, (the crème de la crème of gentleman’s clubs up on Hob Hill) will think twice about some plate ticket. It’s well known in policing circles that one word from him can mean reassignment to beat cop in the bowels of the Hood forever.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:22 PM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Bug up *** about something?

I currently live in a 1500 square foot rental in nowheresville, CA.
Sometimes handsome, eccentric, gazillionaires like to live humbly in nowheresville. Just joking with you, where are the joking/sarcasm emojis?

Quick Reply: Pulled over no front license plate