Sponsored by:

Got a Boxster S loaner while 991.2 CS recall being completed

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 12:17 PM
P-car fan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive

I'm comfortable with my choices in life and don't need to put you down for the ones you make that differ.
Not sure where I said anything about anyone not having the same tastes as myself being wrong or putting them down?
Amazing how some will make inferences from reading another's opinion that are simply not there
Old 06-11-2017, 12:33 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by P-car fan

To each their own, us 991.2'ers simply have the better performing car and you know it
Curious how much money you make from lap times?
Old 06-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by amet
feels like the only way to settle this dispute (NA vs Turbo) is to have a separate 991.2 forum thread... just sayin
Or we could get the rulers out and start measuring hands!
Old 06-11-2017, 12:41 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
This topic is ridiculous. I was expecting to read about a car that I'm somewhat curious about, and instead it became "turbos are better than NA", then "no, NA are better than turbo"....again.

OP no offense, but it feels like click bait to read another tired NA vs turbo topic.

The pissing match has become tiresome. I feel like everyone is pretty insecure about themselves in that they need to make declarations of "mine is better than yours" constantly.

I've owned turbos and NA and I chose what I wanted given both options. However, I didn't mind the turbo engine on the 2017 Panamera I bought my wife.

I'm comfortable with my choices in life and don't need to put you down for the ones you make that differ.

Oh yeah, and my dad can kick your dads ***.
In all seriousness.... I had a Cayman S 3.4 loaner a few weeks ago. No S/PASM or PDCC. The car felt weigh lighter than the actual difference in weight from my 911. The engine revved very fast and freely - getting to the power band sounds high because of the rpm number but in reality there is really no waiting - not enough to matter. It felt way more toy like and light its feet. The most impactful recollection was the way it handled for me but that's not to put down the engine which definitely sung fantastic bravado right behind you.

The 3.4 was great in the Cayman S. Haven't driven the 718 so don't know how I feel abut that one.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:44 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by Dewinator

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Old 06-11-2017, 12:48 PM
ieatfishburritos
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure where I said anything about anyone not having the same tastes as myself being wrong or putting them down?
Amazing how some will make inferences from reading another's opinion that are simply not there
Maybe it's the statements, which could be construed as condescending, stating the 991.2 is better than 991.1?

But still, there's no arguing which generation 991 performs better
To each their own, us 991.2'ers simply have the better performing car and you know it
Old 06-11-2017, 12:51 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by ieatfishburritos
Maybe it's the statements, which could be construed as condescending, stating the 991.2 is better than 991.1?
Old 06-11-2017, 01:54 PM
P-car fan
Instructor

Facts are facts 😉
But I'm clearly not stating one is actually BETTER than the other, and not being condescending. One does perform better than the other; that's called fact.
Sometimes you NA enthusiasts are a lot like the liberal snowflakes 😂 Don't get your pannies all tied up in a wad; just because I state why I like one over the other shouldn't threaten your sacred NA platform in any way!
Old 06-11-2017, 02:07 PM
planet
Instructor

You are driving one of the better driving cars in the world, of whatever variety. The rest is details.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:29 PM
P-car fan
Instructor

Originally Posted by planet
You are driving one of the better driving cars in the world, of whatever variety. The rest is details.
👍👍
.1 or .2, who cares we're all Porsche enthusiasts! I'm sure we can all agree on that 😉
Old 06-11-2017, 02:37 PM
P991GTS
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 40 Posts

This was entertaining. I rarely like seeing a thread take a turn, which happens a lot around here. I am concerned that this one is about to come to an end and no one has talked about the elephant in the room: The Corvette options give you way more hp and torque for the money.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:45 PM
P-car fan
Instructor

Originally Posted by P991GTS
This was entertaining. I rarely like seeing a thread take a turn, which happens a lot around here. I am concerned that this one is about to come to an end and no one has talked about the elephant in the room: The Corvette options give you way more hp and torque for the money.
lol you are right on that one, but who cares it's a Chevy (token answer)! 🙈
They are serious cars, just not my style for whatever reason

On a side note: anyone driven the new 718's? Are the 2 cylinders missing a noticeable thing?
My wife is loving driving the top down Boxster over the weekend, so I have a feeling one may be in the future for a third car. Should have asked the dealer for a rental Aveo instead!
Old 06-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

👍👍
.1 or .2, who cares we're all Porsche enthusiasts! I'm sure we can all agree on that 😉
Agreed. Except of course people who prefer the PDK or fail to spec the crest on the headrests but that goes without saying right?

On a side note: anyone driven the new 718's? Are the 2 cylinders missing a noticeable thing?
My wife is loving driving the top down Boxster over the weekend, so I have a feeling one may be in the future for a third car. Should have asked the dealer for a rental Aveo instead!
Wait I thought the whole point of this thread was that the .2 is better than the .1 because you didn't like the Boxster and now you want to get a Boxster?
Old 06-11-2017, 03:20 PM
P991GTS
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 40 Posts

This is getting to be like when you post a picture on fb and your aunt in Florida starts having a conversation with her friends in the comments. What the hell, let's keep going.

I have a feeling one may be in the future
That's how it started for me. In 2005, we sold a house to the sales manager of a dealership and quickly became friends. We used to buy/lease Mercedes & BMW cars but we never had a Porsche. When our cars needed service, he'd give me what he was driving and take them in for me.

One time, I ended up with a Boxster S for the weekend. When I got it on Friday, I was saying "I just don't get it. It's a nice, car but not as nice as..." The next morning, we took the car up to the mountains and started pushing it. The more I got used to the feel, the more I'd push. That's when it clicked. We bought a 2007 987s.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:37 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by P991GTS
This is getting to be like when you post a picture on fb and your aunt in Florida starts having a conversation with her friends in the comments. What the hell, let's keep going.

That's how it started for me. In 2005, we sold a house to the sales manager of a dealership and quickly became friends. We used to buy/lease Mercedes & BMW cars but we never had a Porsche. When our cars needed service, he'd give me what he was driving and take them in for me.

One time, I ended up with a Boxster S for the weekend. When I got it on Friday, I was saying "I just don't get it. It's a nice, car but not as nice as..." The next morning, we took the car up to the mountains and started pushing it. The more I got used to the feel, the more I'd push. That's when it clicked. We bought a 2007 987s.
Even the 911 (991.1) is like that. My last car was 500tq and 550hp - Jaguar XKR-S. You look at the pedal on the right funny and you feel like it's going to do a wheelie(not quite that bad but still ridiculous power). My wife drive it maybe 3 times... She drove the the 911 ONCE and stated her confusion on trading for a slower, less luxurious, less comfortable car with a bad stereo

Quick Reply: Got a Boxster S loaner while 991.2 CS recall being completed