Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome visit to local......

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 08:36 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Geeze, Keadog, GTO, XK-E? You were tall cotton back then.

I started in 79 on a 72 Camaro 350, then a 72 240z, 76 Capri II 2.8, (all 4-speeds), then graduated to a 5-speed 77 Celica GT. Graduated college and got married and wifey couldn't drive/didn't want to drive a MT so it was ATs for 8 years till I started buying sportscars as 3rd cars, then I could get an MT (94 Miata) again. I'm down to one MT now (Wrangler.)
Old 06-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Rennlist needs one of those signs that says "_7_ Days Since The Last Thinly Veiled PDK Bashing Thread
Wow, quite the optimist. I don't see us ever getting 7 clean days before this dead horse gets beat again. Good luck with that
Old 06-01-2017, 09:01 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Me: I like to smoke cigars and Drink Coffee with the top down in my car.

Rennlist member: Can always spot a PDK owner a mile away.

I forgot who this was in PM but made me laugh. I not only have a PDK... but an older 991.1 that is a slow, bad handling piece of crap. But she's perfect and it doesn't matter the comments. I think PDK + Cab make many fell NARP but again - its my car. It's the first time I knew I had a forever car.

The Cayman crowd is laughing at all of you.... they get a proper 6 speed
Old 06-01-2017, 09:02 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
Wow, quite the optimist. I don't see us ever getting 7 clean days before this dead horse gets beat again. Good luck with that
So what do you guys think of the sound on the new 991.2?
Old 06-01-2017, 09:33 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated

The Cayman crowd is laughing at all of you.... they get a proper 6 speed
Naw. The 997.2 crowd - they think they got the ultimate 911
Old 06-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
So what do you guys think of the sound on the new 991.2?
Old 06-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Curt Wohlgemuth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
WHY are you getting so defensive about your precious PDK???
Old 06-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 750 Posts

I have a solution. I think all the MT guys should get PDK's for their next cars and all the PDK guys should get MT cars for their next cars.

Then 3 months later when the PDK guys get rid of their cars there will be an abundance of MT cars for us to choose from with low miles.The MT guys will get top $ for their PDK cars too. Done, close the thread.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:34 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I have a solution. I think all the MT guys should get PDK's for their next cars and all the PDK guys should get MT cars for their next cars.

Then 3 months later when the PDK guys get rid of their cars there will be an abundance of MT cars for us to choose from with low miles.The MT guys will get top $ for their PDK cars too. Done, close the thread.
Naw. The PDK guys will convert them to real manuals, like that guy with the GT3 project
Old 06-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,095 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Geeze, Keadog, GTO, XK-E? You were tall cotton back then.

I started in 79 on a 72 Camaro 350, then a 72 240z, 76 Capri II 2.8, (all 4-speeds), then graduated to a 5-speed 77 Celica GT. Graduated college and got married and wifey couldn't drive/didn't want to drive a MT so it was ATs for 8 years till I started buying sportscars as 3rd cars, then I could get an MT (94 Miata) again. I'm down to one MT now (Wrangler.)
The GTO was a 16th BD gift from my parents. Only thing I can figure is my father thought it was cheaper for me to kill myself in a 350HP (a lot then) car than for him to pay for 4 years of college. I got lucky.
I paid cash for the XKE, using trade in value on the GTO and the money from 2 summers in US Steel mills. I was making 5x the minimum wage and lived at home room and board free.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:03 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

My first new car was a '81 Civic. I saved enough to pay for 1/2, my parents paid the rest. I think it was around $8500. I had no clue how to drive a stick, they were laughing as I tried to pull out of the lot. Somehow I made it home.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:11 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Old 06-01-2017, 04:40 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Porsche's are custom cars with all the permutations and combinations of options available. There is no way a dealer can stock the perfect car with your specifications. And while you may find something that kind of works on the lot, chances are it's missing something you want, or you are paying for something you don't want.

This forum has plenty of threads requesting assistance from fellow rennlisters with models, options, colors, and many prospective buyers are glued to the configurator for weeks, in building their perfect sports car.

Best to order one and wait the 4+ months -- it's more cost effective and you more likely to get what you want.

Personally, I was strictly a manual guy 30 years ago, until Silicon Valley got super populated and traffic became a daily problem; a manual is no fun in that environment. PDK may or may not be as sporty as a manual, but it's real easy to live with.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:20 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by saeyedoc
My first new car was a '81 Civic. I saved enough to pay for 1/2, my parents paid the rest. I think it was around $8500. I had no clue how to drive a stick, they were laughing as I tried to pull out of the lot. Somehow I made it home.
I remember those. They were in such high demand that Honda dealers wanted market adjustment pricing. 😂

Ended up with a Subaru... when it was just a cult car seen only in the northeast
Old 06-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
Porsche's are custom cars with all the permutations and combinations of options available. There is no way a dealer can stock the perfect car with your specifications. And while you may find something that kind of works on the lot, chances are it's missing something you want, or you are paying for something you don't want.

This forum has plenty of threads requesting assistance from fellow rennlisters with models, options, colors, and many prospective buyers are glued to the configurator for weeks, in building their perfect sports car.

Best to order one and wait the 4+ months -- it's more cost effective and you more likely to get what you want.
Yes, the few I've ordered have been exactly the way I wanted them, and that was really nice!
But every once in awhile I stop by a dealer just to see what they have, just like I also like to look on Autotrader and the Porsche website, and even look at the HFS site! That's how I found my current Spyder.
One of the options I look for when I'm on these sites is a manual transmission, as well as - usually - a convertible top, and a red interior.
If you come across anything I might like, please let me know know. Although I have to say I'm very happy with my 981 Spyder with, you guessed it, a manual transmission, a convertible top, and a red interior. Lucky for me that Porsche still builds some cars with manuals, and that the SA I bought it from didn't even try to talk me out of it in favor of PDK!

Quick Reply: Awesome visit to local......