Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SA recommendation at Ray Catena Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Cayman7
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default SA recommendation at Ray Catena Porsche?

Hi all,

Will be visiting Ray Catena in Edison NJ on Friday with my brother, who's shopping for his first 911. Was wondering if anyone has had a good experience with an SA there that they would recommend?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2017, 09:08 PM
Cayman7
Instructor

Originally Posted by evio
I have a great SA in philly that will give you 7percent off if your interested.
Thanks, would certainly appreciate that! We're just in the test drive phase, Catena has some 7 MT's in stock, which is what he's looking for. When it comes time to order Philly would be fine. I'm in Bucks County and purchased my Cayman at Conshohocken. If you'd prefer to PM me the contact that would be great. Thanks again
Old 05-22-2017, 09:31 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

I would strongly not recommend their service department. I had to realign the car I picked up from them supposedly aligned; I had a brake fluid leak 10 miles after I picked the car up from their service; once car was driven 21 miles during service to supposedly figure out a very well known & common changeover valve issue. Stay away from their service.

Sales-wise, any dealer should be OK I guess, but they were very unwilling to negotiate in my deal. I'd recommend comping the Ray Catena cars heavily vs other local inventory at Paul Miller, Town, Princeton, Flemington etc and if they don't play ball be ready to walk away.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:36 PM
Cayman7
Instructor

Thanks for the info. Mainly going to Catena because they appear to have MT C2S's in stock to test drive. As is common with dealer stock, pretty hard to find MT's. Once he decides if this is the car for him we'll shop around for the best deal. Plenty of P-car dealers in the area.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:36 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

There was a SA Morris awhile back when I did by my Porsches' there. He was really good. I stopped buying from RC after getting a connection at Manhattan Motor Cars.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:21 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PorscheRayCatena
How's it going?

P.S. Its not a good idea to let a dealer know that your planning to shop them.
I don't agree with that thought. It has always made it easier for me to let it be known my intent as I dont have to play your games. It is OK to be transparent as buyers have many options. If you dont want or cant meet my request, no one is wasting time.I can move on and get what I want elsewhere. Maybe you like to use that as leverage, but in this age of the internet and social networking, you are operating in a prehistoric mannerism.
Of course, if that works for you, shame on the buyer. I hope you and your dealership sale many cars this year nonetheless.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:55 PM
surquhar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxsterG
I don't agree with that thought. It has always made it easier for me to let it be known my intent as I dont have to play your games. It is OK to be transparent as buyers have many options. If you dont want or cant meet my request, no one is wasting time.I can move on and get what I want elsewhere. Maybe you like to use that as leverage, but in this age of the internet and social networking, you are operating in a prehistoric mannerism.
Of course, if that works for you, shame on the buyer. I hope you and your dealership sale many cars this year nonetheless.
Agreed 100% That was a poor response from that dealer.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:16 PM
dimok
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What exactly are you implying by that?
Old 05-23-2017, 11:28 PM
Sporty
Three Wheelin'

Received 464 Likes on 296 Posts

I purchased my C2 from RC 10 years ago, salesman was a douche but i got the car for the price I wanted. Service was actually pretty good, they goodwill replaced all my brake calipers after they became discolored from a gas station hand wash service after they sprayed some crap on them and then power washing the wheels. Also lease my MB's and Jags from them and have had as good as service as anyplace. I would give them a shot and if they have the car you want and you don't like the salesman don't take any crap and ask for the sales manager or another salesman.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:49 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

I shopped at RC years back and went elsewhere. The SA was extremely rude and full of himself. Not saying this is systemic, just giving you my experience.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:50 AM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Haha not a good idea? You writing that makes it a GREAT idea. Recommend you remove post, because you certainly just lost me as a potential customer
Old 05-24-2017, 08:30 AM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

I guess RC has changed, I personally wouldn't buy from them. OP should go elsewhere, don't waste your time with RC. Eugene, maybe it's best that you ease yourself on this forum, not kosher with your comments
Old 05-24-2017, 09:07 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

How's it going?

Wow. Heaven forbid a customer actually check out cars at more than one dealership.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:46 AM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

I have had such incredible success at Porsche of The Main Line - their service is best in class. Suggest you give them a shot.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:40 AM
Double_J
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming that we're misinterpreting this post. I have a feeling that the poster meant to say that it's not a good idea to let the dealer know that you do not plan on buying from them (the OP said that he just wants to go to RC for the test drive but will buy from someplace else).

The core question is why the OP wouldn't buy from a given dealer if the price is right (especially since he hasn't purchased from them before and has no preconceived notion of how the dealer is to work with).

It's not like buying from one dealer ties you to them forever. You're still free to have the car serviced, etc. at whatever place you'd like.

Also, OP - since you're in the Philly area, just go to Porsche of the Main Line. Great dealer and it looks like the have a couple of base models in stock with the 7 speed.

Quick Reply: SA recommendation at Ray Catena Porsche?