991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You Guys have got to try this....

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017 | 09:13 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Default You Guys have got to try this....

Ok after years of washing/waxing and trying to perfect my technique I have found an unbeatable combination with awesome results.

1st. Wash with your favorite solution I have found no significant difference here with the top brands. Before you wash spray car down real well with high pressure sprayer I use an electric KARCHER. Works great. Use two bucket system

2nd. Dry with Blower. Let car stand for a bit in the sun.

3rd. Use Meguires synthetic paste wax. Apply with the Meguires DA attachment for any common household drill. The picture shows a yellow pad which is for polishing. You should use a black pad for applying wax. Super easy and difficult to screw up. Pads attach and remove easily by velcro.

4th. Remove wax with your favorite microfiber towel.

5th. I must say here that when washing the car I cleaned and protected the top with Ragg top cleaner and protector. Best combo out there

6th. For subsequent post wash finishing or shining I just discovered this product:

This stuff is unreal. The car looks wet!!!!

The gang:

Results:

Good luck Guys!! This works like a charm. The water beads up and runs off the car like crazy! (Also, in these pics I had not taped off the top until after polishing)
Old 05-08-2017 | 09:20 PM
LexVan
Banned

Nice job.

You need to use painter's tape (green or blue) on your cabriolet top, I see wax residue in the cloth. That's NOT easy to get out. You need the RaggTopp Cleaner and a quality Swiss brush.
Attached Images  
Old 05-08-2017 | 09:41 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
Nice job.

You need to use painter's tape (green or blue) on your cabriolet top, I see wax residue in the cloth. That's NOT easy to get out. You need the RaggTopp Cleaner and a quality Swiss brush.
Agreed and did it. I did use the cleaner and It came right out no problems. Top looks brand new

Last edited by NOSUB2T; 05-08-2017 at 09:42 PM. Reason: addition
Old 05-08-2017 | 09:44 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Any particular suggestions for satin/matte finish wheels? My incoming has painted satin/matte finish. Previously had silver Carrera S wheels that cleaned up super easy with any wheel cleaner. Have a feeling the new wheels will be more challenging. Will it help if I wax my wheels and is so any product suggestions? Many thanks.

Ps- I don't have PCCBs.
Old 05-08-2017 | 09:50 PM
asia
Racer

NOSUB2T: Silverized RS's? Really nice on the car.
Old 05-08-2017 | 09:51 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by NOSUB2T
Agreed and did it. I did use the cleaner and It came right out no problems. Top looks brand new
Good job!
Old 05-08-2017 | 10:17 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
Any particular suggestions for satin/matte finish wheels? My incoming has painted satin/matte finish. Previously had silver Carrera S wheels that cleaned up super easy with any wheel cleaner. Have a feeling the new wheels will be more challenging. Will it help if I wax my wheels and is so any product suggestions? Many thanks.

Ps- I don't have PCCBs.
IMHO wheel cleaners and other wheel products are designed for unpainted wheels, you want to treat a painted and clear-coated wheel just like the rest of the car, with the addition of the Armor All wheel protectant or whatever to keep the brake dust from sticking to it between washes.
Old 05-08-2017 | 10:21 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Originally Posted by Dewinator
IMHO wheel cleaners and other wheel products are designed for unpainted wheels, you want to treat a painted and clear-coated wheel just like the rest of the car, with the addition of the Armor All wheel protectant or whatever to keep the brake dust from sticking to it between washes.
Thank you.
Old 05-08-2017 | 10:36 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Originally Posted by asia
NOSUB2T: Silverized RS's? Really nice on the car.
Nice pick up. Yes! and Thanks
Old 05-09-2017 | 11:24 AM
Valvefloat991
Burning Brakes

Do you have PPF on your car? And if so, did you wax it as well?
Old 05-09-2017 | 11:47 AM
addysdaddy
Instructor

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-phillips.html

from the AG website
http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

Sorry but I don't agree with nosub2t - would only use a dual action polisher on my paint-not a pad bolted onto the end of a drill.

Above is a link to detailing articles written by Mike Phillips who is one of the big names in car detailing. Formerly the lead instructor for Meguiar's he's been the lead guy at Autogeek since around 2009. When in doubt, read his article(s) on DIY to be sure your doing it the best & safest way.
Old 05-09-2017 | 11:52 AM
addysdaddy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Valvefloat991
Do you have PPF on your car? And if so, did you wax it as well?
Yes I do and it's important to be careful what u use since it will stain easily. (don't ask me how I know this) I use either a nano skin medium pad or automotive clay bar to remove decontamination. If using a clay bar, make sure to heavily lubricate the surface before using the clay. Can also use P21s Total Auto Wash (which is a all purpose cleaner) for general cleaning. For "waxing" I only use one of two products-love both of them but BFCS is cheaper and lasts longer.

Blackfire Crystal Seal
http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-crystal-seal-8.html

or

Plexius
Amazon Amazon
Old 05-09-2017 | 12:12 PM
pashaj
Rennlist Member

Crazy question, I apologize in advance, but do people do anything like this over their Ceramic Pro? I got 4 coats last week (3 of 9H, 1 light). Thinking about using Griots Spray on Car wash, then maybe claying the car with some Speed shine. I'd love to keep it looking great.
Old 05-09-2017 | 12:30 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

Looks good, but in reality most waxes/sealants are going to give similar results.

The Meguires drill attachment is supposed to mimic a dual action, but for sure has nowhere near the power of a Flex or Ruppes. However, for a wax the only advantage of applying by machine is that it's faster.
Old 05-09-2017 | 12:32 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Originally Posted by addysdaddy
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-phillips.html

from the AG website
http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

Sorry but I don't agree with nosub2t - would only use a dual action polisher on my paint-not a pad bolted onto the end of a drill.

Above is a link to detailing articles written by Mike Phillips who is one of the big names in car detailing. Formerly the lead instructor for Meguiar's he's been the lead guy at Autogeek since around 2009. When in doubt, read his article(s) on DIY to be sure your doing it the best & safest way.
ok so you weren't paying attention it is not a pad bolted on to the drill. It is a dual action polisher that is driven by the drill. Do your research on Meguires DA polisher . It works beautifully for less than a dedicated DA would cost. I've used it multiple times now.

Last edited by NOSUB2T; 05-09-2017 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Adding

Quick Reply: You Guys have got to try this....