Sponsored by:

You Guys have got to try this....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 03:47 PM
pashaj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
Do you accumulate more dust than a cali duster or similar product can handle in a a week?
Thanks for the tip, just ordered from Amazon.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

I just looked the mist detailer up on Amazon - rave reviews. I needed a new bottle of detailer, ordered it, so thanks for the tip.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Double_J
Instructor

Honestly, you don't even need the drill attachment. All of the Meguire's Ultimate products I've tried thus far have been really easy to use. I can do two coats on my 911 with the Ultimate liquid wax in less than an hour and the results have been pretty consistent with some of the specialty products that I've used in the past.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:32 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_J
Honestly, you don't even need the drill attachment. All of the Meguire's Ultimate products I've tried thus far have been really easy to use. I can do two coats on my 911 with the Ultimate liquid wax in less than an hour and the results have been pretty consistent with some of the specialty products that I've used in the past.
Maybe because I have a bum shoulder...but I find the attachment very easy to use and cuts down on a lot of labor. Also I am really OCD when it comes down to waxing and I find I am more consistent with my wax and application with the DA tool.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:09 AM
AF330i
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

I never heard of the DA tool until this thread, just watched some videos on it ... that thing is pretty cool and what a bargain.

I already have a Porter cable buffer but if I didn't I would be very tempted to get one of these.

Btw your car looks great ... beautiful job !!
Old 05-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by AF330i
I never heard of the DA tool until this thread, just watched some videos on it ... that thing is pretty cool and what a bargain.

I already have a Porter cable buffer but if I didn't I would be very tempted to get one of these.

A nice feature of the legit DA tools like the Porter-Cable is the ability to have consistent speed, which can bet set to various levels/speeds. I highly doubt that can be achieved with an attachment hooked to a household drill. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this drill attachment will get the job done in many instances, I'm just saying I do not see it as the perfect replacement for a real DA tool.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:45 AM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Originally Posted by AF330i

thanks bro!
Old 05-12-2017, 11:49 AM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Originally Posted by Fasttr
A nice feature of the legit DA tools like the Porter-Cable is the ability to have consistent speed, which can bet set to various levels/speeds. I highly doubt that can be achieved with an attachment hooked to a household drill. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this drill attachment will get the job done in many instances, I'm just saying I do not see it as the perfect replacement for a real DA tool.
its not the "perfect" replacement. But we aren't professionals either. Know your limitations and the limitations of your equipment and you'll be fine. Again, it works great for me. No swirls, scratches, holograms, of other defects. Again phenomenal results for us amateurs.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:42 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NOSUB2T
its not the "perfect" replacement. But we aren't professionals either. Know your limitations and the limitations of your equipment and you'll be fine. Again, it works great for me. No swirls, scratches, holograms, of other defects. Again phenomenal results for us amateurs.
I'm certainly not bagging on your product find....more likely just trying to justify the price I paid for my Porter-Cable 7424 XP.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:57 PM
Double_J
Instructor

Originally Posted by NOSUB2T
Maybe because I have a bum shoulder...but I find the attachment very easy to use and cuts down on a lot of labor. Also I am really OCD when it comes down to waxing and I find I am more consistent with my wax and application with the DA tool.
Sure...it's not that the attachment won't get you great results. It's more that the Meguire's Ultimate line is so easy to use that it's not really necessary. They are very forgiving products.

Your situation is a little different because of the bum shoulder but I prefer to apply by hand on a car as small as the 911. To me, hand application makes application on some of the smaller areas (spoiler especially) much easier. It also minimizes the chances of inadvertently getting the paste on black trim pieces.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:44 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Originally Posted by Double_J
Sure...it's not that the attachment won't get you great results. It's more that the Meguire's Ultimate line is so easy to use that it's not really necessary. They are very forgiving products.

Your situation is a little different because of the bum shoulder but I prefer to apply by hand on a car as small as the 911. To me, hand application makes application on some of the smaller areas (spoiler especially) much easier. It also minimizes the chances of inadvertently getting the paste on black trim pieces.
try it you might like it!
Old 05-12-2017, 10:45 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Originally Posted by Fasttr
I'm certainly not bagging on your product find....more likely just trying to justify the price I paid for my Porter-Cable 7424 XP.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:01 PM
HK G36C
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Absolutely brilliant! Good job! I love black cars but cleaning them for the last 30 years is a pain now. I will try this on my wife's Mcar.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

I ordered the Pinnacle natural brilliance Carnuba spray detailer and received my small bottle of it on Sunday. That as just in time for a nice day in the 70's to detail my car. I also waxed our BMW that is carbon black. After waxing, I used this on the car. It actually helped remove some of the paste wax that went into a few crevices. I must say, this stuff not only smells great but it really does make the car look fantastic, especially on the carbon black. I am sorry that I didn't order the large size. Thanks again for this tip!!
Old 05-15-2017, 11:14 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I ordered the Pinnacle natural brilliance Carnuba spray detailer and received my small bottle of it on Sunday. That as just in time for a nice day in the 70's to detail my car. I also waxed our BMW that is carbon black. After waxing, I used this on the car. It actually helped remove some of the paste wax that went into a few crevices. I must say, this stuff not only smells great but it really doesn't make the car look fantastic, especially on the carbon black. I am sorry that I didn't order the large size. Thanks again for this tip!!
Bolded above should be Does???

Quick Reply: You Guys have got to try this....