Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY Oil light reset tool - does anyone use a Foxwell device - Need help pls

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2021 | 02:39 PM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fullyield
This is an area where you get what you pay for. I suggest that your first purchase be a Durametric Enthusiast. Excellent product from a US company in Oregan with EXCELLENT customer service. It resets oil change interval too. I also recently picked up a Foxwell N510 Elite during same sale as Rich did. Bought it because it was cheap….and that is what I got. It is worth $100, but has zero customer support and many negative reviews on internet. But it is not a Durametric.
Only problem with the Durametric is that it only works for cars up to 2015 model year. It won't work on newer cars. http://www.durametric.com/default.aspx
Old 06-08-2021 | 02:42 PM
Carl Over
Instructor

Originally Posted by Speed2k
Only problem with the Durametric is that it only works for cars up to 2015 model year. It won't work on newer cars. http://www.durametric.com/default.aspx
Mant of us are in the same boat needing 991.2 compatability.

Seems like icarsoft has been vetted. Would be nice to have a cheaper option since many are just resetting oil service notification and won't need more functionality.
Old 06-08-2021 | 04:13 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Originally Posted by Speed2k
Wrong. Spoken by someone who does not own one. My Durametric works fine on both my 2016 Cayman S and my 2016 Cayenne as well as my 991.1S notwithstanding what the internet says. But I have no idea whether it works on a 991.2 or 992 as I own neither. But one quick e mail to Durametric will provide you with a definitive answer in 24 hours. Did I mention their excellent customer service?
Old 06-08-2021 | 08:38 PM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Wrong. Spoken by someone who does not own one. My Durametric works fine on both my 2016 Cayman S and my 2016 Cayenne as well as my 991.1S notwithstanding what the internet says. But I have no idea whether it works on a 991.2 or 992 as I own neither. But one quick e mail to Durametric will provide you with a definitive answer in 24 hours. Did I mention their excellent customer service?
Absolutely, I considered buying one, but if they don't test and confirm that it works, why would I? They do seem to respond quickly to their e-mails though, here's their response:

These cars are not yet officially supported. We have heard from customers indicating they work well for most functions, but we have not yet confirmed this here. We expect to provide support for these newer cars, but no dates have been determined. As soon as support becomes available, we'll be sure to make note of it on the website.
I'm sure it's not impossible to get cars to test out (I asked about a 2017 Macan and a 2017 911), but if they have no appetite to do this, then I don't want to take a chance of buying one, just to find out that it doesn't work for my car.

Last edited by Speed2k; 06-08-2021 at 08:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rich_Jenkins (06-09-2021)

Quick Reply: DIY Oil light reset tool - does anyone use a Foxwell device - Need help pls