Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Fuch's (replica's) on the '17 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 02:52 PM
GregD
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Those wheels (and the OP's car) look fantastic and seem to be a much cheaper alternative to the fuchs or porsche supplied anniversary wheels. However the offset issue is definitely preventing me from pulling the plug. Any chance you (Wheel dynamics) have some in the correct offset coming out in the future or is this IT ?
Old 05-16-2017, 07:18 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GregD
Those wheels (and the OP's car) look fantastic and seem to be a much cheaper alternative to the fuchs or porsche supplied anniversary wheels. However the offset issue is definitely preventing me from pulling the plug. Any chance you (Wheel dynamics) have some in the correct offset coming out in the future or is this IT ?
Hi there,

Currently this is the highest off-set we carry in-stock, we can also have the higher off-set 67, this might be what you're after however these will come one set at a time and unfortunately the shipping really eats into the cost.

PM me for pricing, I'd be happy to put you in a set of these bad-boys..

-Wheel Dynamics Inc.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:29 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Wheels look great...good choice
Old 05-17-2017, 02:46 PM
GregD
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Any pics with those 67 off set wheels ?
Old 05-17-2017, 05:24 PM
TheCamel
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for this post!

Originally Posted by Alec Syme
It comes very close. So close I had inner wheel weights touched. Had to move those. However, close is fine. As long as it's not moving it can be right next to it with no problems.

So my car is proof that these particular replicas do work on the 991. I think they look great.

And thanks!
Alec
Alec: Your pictures and thread really helped out. I just ordered a set for my 991.2 from Eli at Wheel Dynamics. Anxious to see how the Continentals fare vs your Michelins with the convex lip and fender....
Old 05-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Alec Syme
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCamel
Alec: Your pictures and thread really helped out. I just ordered a set for my 991.2 from Eli at Wheel Dynamics. Anxious to see how the Continentals fare vs your Michelins with the convex lip and fender....
Right on man. Say Hi to Eli. He was great. Good customer service. Even when I was freaking out about something touching the barrel. (wheel weight issue, resolved).

Please post your set up with the Continentals. I'd love to see that.

alec
Old 05-17-2017, 06:58 PM
TheCamel
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Alec Syme
Right on man. Say Hi to Eli. He was great. Good customer service. Even when I was freaking out about something touching the barrel. (wheel weight issue, resolved).

Please post your set up with the Continentals. I'd love to see that.

alec
I'd be happy to. ETA: 2 weeks. I'm having the spokes polished as well as the lip, so it might be cool to compare with yours? Also, any advice I should give my Porsche dealer svc tech during install? I.e. with the spacers, etc?

Thanks again!
Old 05-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

I'll see what I can whip up.... Are you thinking of going custom? The custom sets are a little more satin out of the box, not gloss but satin vs. the matte.

Here is a set we did for an other customer in full polish and gloss finish.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:35 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Alec - your car looks amazing. Congrats. Love the wheels, and how you've pulled the whole look together with your car.

I also really like the stripes with the red PORSCHE lettering. Can you please share where those decals came from? I'm not 100% they would work with my car, but I'm getting a Targa GTS in Agate and who knows, it might be a kinda cool retro nod.

Truly excellent and tasteful job on the mods to you car!
Old 05-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Alec Syme
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiele
Alec - your car looks amazing. Congrats. Love the wheels, and how you've pulled the whole look together with your car.

I also really like the stripes with the red PORSCHE lettering. Can you please share where those decals came from? I'm not 100% they would work with my car, but I'm getting a Targa GTS in Agate and who knows, it might be a kinda cool retro nod.

Truly excellent and tasteful job on the mods to you car!
Hey thanks Bwiele-
As a matter of fact I'm going to tweak these stripes once more before my appointment for ceramic coating next month. I'm going to do a 3.5" stripe (the one I have now is a 4" stripe). And the grey is going to be darker as well as the red. More of a dark burgundy color. I want it to be a little more subtle. The wheels should stand out and then the graphics.

Here's where I've ordered these. They're relatively cheap and you can do them yourself with a little patients.

https://carreradecals.com/

It's as good a quality as you'll find and they go on with little to no bubbles. Just keep it wet during install.

Good luck!

alec
Old 05-18-2017, 01:31 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
We have an 18" version however they look a little different, here is a photo of one that we customized for an other customer this week in 18", I'm also including a couple more photos of a matte version

www.wheeldynamics.com

I much prefer this petal shape..very nice. Will you every do this in a 20"?
Old 05-19-2017, 04:07 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Overdraft
I much prefer this petal shape..very nice. Will you every do this in a 20"?
This is the only 20" version we currently offer.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:58 PM
TheCamel
8th Gear

Default Wheel Dynamics 19" Fuchs Replica

Alec: Here are the photos I promised. Polished spoke and lip with black satin. I didn't use any spacers on the front. The rears have an 8mm rubber protrusion from the center of the hub up, looking aft. Which is ok and gives the car the "race-team-owner" look.. Conti Extreme Contacts 295x35x19 in the rear. Overall, the car shows significantly better than with the 20" OEM sport rim.

Eli at Wheel Dynamics was a big help with the right setup.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

After you purchase a set we will...
Old 06-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Alec: Here are the photos I promised. Polished spoke and lip with black satin. I didn't use any spacers on the front. The rears have an 8mm rubber protrusion from the center of the hub up, looking aft. Which is ok and gives the car the "race-team-owner" look.. Conti Extreme Contacts 295x35x19 in the rear. Overall, the car shows significantly better than with the 20" OEM sport rim.

Eli at Wheel Dynamics was a big help with the right setup.
Thank you for your purchase, and support!!!

Quick Reply: Custom Fuch's (replica's) on the '17 C2S