Sponsored by:

Vorsteiner Diffuser on.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Could not agree more with the assessment of the install. Caution needs to be taken not to break the tabs when installing. The look, fantastic once on.
I love your rubber gasket idea I hope you don't mind if I do the same.
By all means. I was able to locate the rubber plug online. I purchased the rubber plug from Steele Rubber Products. I provided a screen shot of the item I purchased. I used the actual hole diameter drilled on your Diffuser to select the plug.
Attached Images   
Old 05-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 750 Posts

Thanks so much for the info. Fantastic idea.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive

Has anyone compared the eBay version that's like 1/4 the price? I'm sure it's nowhere close in quality but still curious...
They are crap.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:17 PM
Nero_991
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Penn4s, Looks great! love the guard red!
Old 05-04-2017, 09:36 PM
weespeed
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sidvicious7
If the installer, whether a pro shop or DIY, they MUST take extra precautions not to break the clips that hold the diffuser secure to the bumper. This is most critical above the outer edges of the tail pipes. The end result of a broken clip as I described is separation of the diffuser from the bumper. The separation is minimal, but noticeable. I was fortunate my situation was mitigated by the manufacturer with positive results.
I have the older Vorsteiner diffuser and you are spot on about the outer tabs. Mine broke on the outer tab over the tail pipe going over a speed bump and I haven't found a way to secure it at that part. So it just sticks out from the bumper. Up close it looks bad. I haven't come up with a way to fix it, any ideas would be appreciated.

The newer ones looks to be much better quality, I'm not that happy with the quality of the older one I have. It looks great but discoloration under the muffler area and little things here and there are annoying for such a nice piece.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:42 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,184 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by weespeed
I have the older Vorsteiner diffuser and you are spot on about the outer tabs. Mine broke on the outer tab over the tail pipe going over a speed bump and I haven't found a way to secure it at that part. So it just sticks out from the bumper. Up close it looks bad. I haven't come up with a way to fix it, any ideas would be appreciated.

The newer ones looks to be much better quality, I'm not that happy with the quality of the older one I have. It looks great but discoloration under the muffler area and little things here and there are annoying for such a nice piece.
Broken tabs, misalignment, discoloration would **** me off greatly. Love the look, but it is the reasons I have stayed away.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 750 Posts

If you are interested most of the issues have been greatly taken care of. The fit of mine was spot on. The tabs just need to be handled with care. The quality of the product and the new venting and heat shielding is a big plus. I would recommend now where I was hesitant before.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:57 AM
gbree
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

If anyone wants one, I have a brand new one for sale

Quick Reply: Vorsteiner Diffuser on.