Info Display resets to defaults

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 06:29 PM
arch7
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Info Display resets to defaults

Hello All:

I searched for this but didn't see anything. I recently had an update done to my 991.2 C2 as part of an oil change visit. SA said it was a PCM update for the maps. Since then all of my custom setting on the dash board info display get reset to defaults after about 1 or 2 drives. I'll make the following adjustments: Turn off, G-Force, Shift Assist, and one other, and set Locking to All Doors and Comfort Entry. Start the car, make the adjustments, exit the menu, check again to see that they are still set, go drive off. Stop the engine and Comfort Setting works fine. Next time I get in the car all settings are retained, but by the time I stop the engine again all have been reset to default. SA says the update they did didn't effect the display, but it worked perfectly for a year since I got the car. When I picked up the car after the update and oil change all were set to defaults. Also swapped winter wheels out.
Just wanted to see if anyone has this issue and a fix for it before I bring it back to them.
Thanks!
Old 05-01-2017, 06:56 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 401 Posts

Might have to recheck "save on exit" or something like that in the comfort settings. Turn the car off, lock, unlock and then un-check the "save on exit" box so the settings will remain.

I screwed mine up one time by grabbing the wrong key and wonder why my knees were touching the dash and only 3 lines of info in the display.

Quick Reply: Info Display resets to defaults