PCA Members Raffle! .2 GTS + $$

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 09:58 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

Not playing.
Keep the faster, turbo motor.
I'm super happy with my slower, NA version.
The fifty bucks buys dinner at the local joint.
Money well spent.
On food.
Not cars.

Bemo out.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:24 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So with last years PCA raffle the odds of winning one of the 5 cars was 1 in 24,500. Spending a c-note increased the odds to 2:24,500. I'm in for a Boxster with better odds and for a better cause for the same money. https://secureonlinegiving.com/event...p?eventID=1915

Old 04-27-2017, 12:45 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Anyone know exactly how it works? Are the cars all pre-spec'd or do you have any input if you win?

Just curious... I never win anything.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:29 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
So with last years PCA raffle the odds of winning one of the 5 cars was 1 in 24,500. Spending a c-note increased the odds to 2:24,500. I'm in for a Boxster with better odds and for a better cause for the same money.
You make the odds sound worse than they were in your example since that breaks down to 1 in 2450 for your $100 for a more valuable car+$25k than a Boxster at 1/1250 odds. That's not so bad. It is certainly much better than any lottery.

I'm not saying the charity isn't likely a very worthy cause and you should be happy to do that, but so is the PCA since they do a lot of good things for us and this is their biggest funding source (outside of membership fees maybe?) Doing good things for yourself sometimes isn't a bad thing. If that wasn't true we'd donate the extra money we spend on Porsche's to a worthy cause and would all be driving $15K commodity cars instead.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:22 AM
GTOWN83
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in for one, the winning ticket. Do I get to choose a color?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:29 AM
RYE
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

It only takes one ticket to win. So one ticket it is - purchased yesterday. Good luck to everyone!!
Old 04-27-2017, 10:41 AM
racemor
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Anyone know exactly how it works? Are the cars all pre-spec'd or do you have any input if you win?

Just curious... I never win anything.
PCA will provide you with a spec that you can accept or modify. Any mods or changes that go above the price of the spec they provide comes out of your pocket. But if you lower the spec they don't give you the difference back.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:24 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by racemor
PCA will provide you with a spec that you can accept or modify. Any mods or changes that go above the price of the spec they provide comes out of your pocket. But if you lower the spec they don't give you the difference back.
+1 That is my understanding as well.... I guess you could use the $25k that comes along with the grand prize to add some options to your liking. Well, at least after taxes you should still have enough left.... LOL
Old 04-27-2017, 11:25 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
You make the odds sound worse than they were in your example since that breaks down to 1 in 2450 for your $100 for a more valuable car+$25k than a Boxster at 1/1250 odds. That's not so bad. It is certainly much better than any lottery.

I'm not saying the charity isn't likely a very worthy cause and you should be happy to do that, but so is the PCA since they do a lot of good things for us and this is their biggest funding source (outside of membership fees maybe?) Doing good things for yourself sometimes isn't a bad thing. If that wasn't true we'd donate the extra money we spend on Porsche's to a worthy cause and would all be driving $15K commodity cars instead.
Agree + for a good cause why not play both??? I'm in....
Old 04-27-2017, 11:29 AM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by plenum
+1 That is my understanding as well.... I guess you could use the $25k that comes along with the grand prize to add some options to your liking. Well, at least after taxes you should still have enough left.... LOL

Maybe just this:

Old 04-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 783 Posts

I bought two tickets yesterday.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:35 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I'm never even slightly tempted by these raffles. But, I hope a Rennlister wins!
Old 04-27-2017, 11:38 AM
racemor
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by plenum
LOL for sure! The taxes are a killer. The car shows as income on Federal and State so can make a big difference in your tax bracket. The $25k helps with Federal, but you have to cover your state income tax. Plus the sales tax, registration, and so on.

Free cars can be expensive.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:51 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

As someone who has tagged along when they gave away cars in the raffle, it is very cool to see the stunned looks on people's faces when they realize they just won a Porsche. A few years back won guy one two prizes. A $10K trip to Germany and a new Boxster or Cayman. We surprised him with the trip first. He was over the top. Hugged me and all. While he was hugging me I though "this guy will pass out when he hears he won the car too". He was really happy to happened to bring his son along. We surprised him at the Ingram Collection, which he happened to be touring (we knew he was coming so planned accordingly). He was blown away when he found out everyone in the room was in on the surprise except him and his son.

Last edited by Manny Alban; 04-27-2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-27-2017, 11:58 AM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
As someone who has tagged along when they gave away cars in the raffle, it is very cool to see the stunned looks on people's faces when they realize they just won a Porsche. A few years back won guy one two prizes. A $10K trip to Germany and a new Boxster or Cayman. We surprised him with the trip first. He was over the top. Hugged me and all. While he was hugging me I though "this guy will pass out when he hears he won the car too". He was really happy to happened to bring his son along. We surprised him at the Ingram Collection, which he happened to be touring (we knew he was coming so planned accordingly). He was blown away when he found out everyone in the room was in on the surprise except him and his son.
Manny - welcome to the thread! Was nice to meet you a few years ago at the LA Auto Show. I think I still owe you $30 from a screw up with my +1. :-)

Always happy to participate in the raffle. It helps keep PCA the best car club out there, and it gives me hope that one day I'll be that guy who wins. Of course I still can't get over (when was it?) the fella who won a car AND the trip to Germany. Wish that could happen just once to me!!

Quick Reply: PCA Members Raffle! .2 GTS + $$