Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convert SPASM to PASM? yes, the "other" way

Old 04-22-2017, 10:33 AM
mrmojom3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Convert SPASM to PASM? yes, the "other" way

Hi all, I'm finding the SPASM a bit harsh for my DD needs. I really like the standard SPASM. The couple base I drove before were too light, but the PASM was a nice ride for DD then can hit sport for back roads.

Of course I like the look of the lower ride height. But not at the expense of daily driving.

I've been doing research, but I only come up with how to get from PASM to SPASM.

I know its probably blasphemy on this board that SPASM is too harsh and I want to go back.

I'm hoping this is as simple as swapping the springs to something 10mm higher / softer. But it looks like there are different shock part numbers, etc for a SPASM car.

Worse case if I have to pay to swap parts out, would people on this board buy my SPASM parts? seems like a lot of people are interested in them....
Old 04-22-2017, 11:18 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Sent you a PM, I would try the DSC route first. Undoubtedly will be a more cost efficient response to obtain a softer ride.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:56 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
Sent you a PM, I would try the DSC route first. Undoubtedly will be a more cost efficient response to obtain a softer ride.

+1

http://www.tpcracing.com/dsc.html

Trying to "un-SPASM" a car is opening a can of worms. Messing with the suspension parts is very risky. Will kill resale too.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

of course you might find someone with PASM that wants to swap!!!

but I agree that DSC is the way to go to dial out some of the stiffness (compression/rebound)
Old 04-22-2017, 01:16 PM
mrmojom3
Racer

Thanks all. I just placed an order for the DSC Sport V2 Controller.

Fingers crossed my kids can sit in the back without their little heads bobbing around
Old 05-06-2017, 09:12 PM
mrmojom3
Racer

Well, DSC is a month or more back order.

If I added coilovers would that allow a "softer" ride? I just started researching. But it appears they have adjustments. I know I'm the opposite - most guys want these for track performance, I'm looking to get a more compliant ride.

Did a nice driving day today with some local guys. Yes, in the twisties the car is amazing. But driving SPASM on anything but a perfect road results in a headache.

I was looking at these -

https://www.gmpperformance.com/index...ail&PID=364092
Old 05-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmojom3
Well, DSC is a month or more back order.

If I added coilovers would that allow a "softer" ride? I just started researching. But it appears they have adjustments. I know I'm the opposite - most guys want these for track performance, I'm looking to get a more compliant ride.

Did a nice driving day today with some local guys. Yes, in the twisties the car is amazing. But driving SPASM on anything but a perfect road results in a headache.

I was looking at these -

https://www.gmpperformance.com/index...ail&PID=364092

​​​​​​Note that those B16's are non PASM you would want the PASM version... But you really need to do your research... It's all about spring rates and ARB/swaybar stiffness...

You might think about a set of aftermarket springs like the techarts which are progressive ...

Personally I would wait until you get the DSC and see if that tunes out the PASM-S first

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Convert SPASM to PASM? yes, the "other" way