Sponsored by:

New Owner in SF Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 06:45 PM
cjmani
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner in SF Bay Area

Hello all, on Easter Sunday I purchased my very first 911. The dealership was absolutely dead of traffic, so it was a calm, low pressure environment for sure. I'm super happy to finally join the Porsche 911 brother(sister)hood. I'm coming out of a 2005 Acura NSX that I've owned and loved for 8 years and sold last week. Loved this car to death but, as resale prices have strengthened considerably for these cars, I decided it was time to move it along to someone else who will baby her and enjoy her.

Anyway, my NEW baby is a white 2014 Carrera S with PDK, S.CHr., SPASM, PLDS, Folding mirrors, F&B park assist, glass moon roof, standard black interior, and silver LED side markers....with only 4,500 miles. She is beautiful and drives amazing. I couldn't be happier.....except for one thing:

The analog sub dial (analog hour and minute hand dial) on the dash mounted Sport Chrono stopwatch is exactly 3 hrs behind the digital clock read out. So if the digital clock reads, say 11am, the analog clock reads 8am. No matter how I try to reset the time, or time zone, it stays 3hrs behind. Also, in stopwatch mode, the analog hands actually run BACKWARD when the timer is going...wtf?

I've poured over the OM and have reset the time, GPS time, etc to no avail. Stays 3 hours behind and runs backward in stopwatch mode.

Any incites form you more experienced 991.1 owners?

Other than this quirk, I really love driving this car! Pics to come.

best,

Christian Mani
Old 04-17-2017, 07:19 PM
ducktails
Racer

Received 443 Likes on 177 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I also sold an NSX (NA1 1994) for a 2014 Carrera S. It takes one hell of a car to replace an NSX, and IMO this one does it.

I've never heard of the sport chrono issue you described, you might want to have a dealer look at it. Maybe it's a software reset/patch.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:19 PM
cjmani
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Schwarz - yes it does take a hell of a car to replace a Gen 1 NSX. BTW, were you a Prime member?
Loved the exotic look of the NSX and performance (I added a SC and tasteful suspension mods), but the interior was still 1995 Acura Legend category.

I've always wanted a neunelfer and have finally gotten the chance to own one. I'll bring the car in to the dealer and have then look it over. Too weird how the analog clock runs backwards in stopwatch mode.

best,

Chris
Old 04-17-2017, 10:00 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the club, congrats!

I've not heard of the chrono issue either, I'm sure a dealer visit will resolve it quickly
Old 04-17-2017, 11:14 PM
ducktails
Racer

Received 443 Likes on 177 Posts

@cjmani yep, I was under the handle nsx-sf on Prime. That was a great forum as well. The NSX was the first car I took to the track and there were some great resources there to get me started. However, of late I was starting to think that tracking a 20 year old NSX was a bit ... insane.

Quick Reply: New Owner in SF Bay Area