Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered an imitation GTS. What did I miss?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

GTsilver would look better with that interior...
Old 04-03-2017, 05:11 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Why not just get a GTS?

Cheaper than building one.
Better resale.
Rare(r).
Can stick your nose up at us lay people that don't have a GTS on RL.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:09 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
GTsilver would look better with that interior...

Funny you mention that because that is the exact color combo that I had on my iPhone for the past 12 months. (classic Porsche color combo). I got tired of the color I think staring at it all day. lol When the GTS was announced, I built a stripper GTS in white and fell in love the white, black accents and black wheels.....so I changed my color.

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Why not just get a GTS?

Cheaper than building one.
Better resale.
Rare(r).
Can stick your nose up at us lay people that don't have a GTS on RL.

Not quite. My C4 as built is $120,700. GTS with same build including all the other options in my C4 is $134,120. In addition, I got a 5% discount on the C4 plus European Delivery and would likely get 0% off a GTS for European delivery (that costs the dealer another $3k so he has less room for negotiation). I am a repeat buyer from the same SA so the deal took one email. So bottom line for me, the GTS would be $20k more and I didn't want all that extra power for a commuter car anyway and needed some clearance. My 981 BS is bordering on too fast "for me". If I wanted a track weapon....well that would be a GT3 or GT4, not a GTS. This is going to be a commuter "beater car" lol......$15k miles/year.

As for resale and rarity......I NEVER think about resale value. I buy the car for me not the next buyer and a car to me is a consumable product, not an investment.

C4 is pretty rare too!

oh....and before you mention it......my 991.2 will sound better than your 991.1.......NOT! lol
Old 04-04-2017, 12:24 PM
MrTim
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your having a great time and you should. Enjoy it.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:34 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Headlight washers in deviating exterior color (black).
Originally Posted by paxton
You're missing:
Headlight washers in deviated color (black)
Sport design mirrors
Mirror lower trim painted black
Sport Design front fascia

Ok...so I took the feedback and changed my order slightly. I knew I didn't want the sport design front fascia since my driveway and neighborhood speed bumps are a PIA. I took my wife to Porsche of the Mainline and found two white Carreras (C4S and C2), one with the sport design mirrors and the other with standard mirrors. They were side by side too! We both thought we liked the normal mirror. They also had black trim at the bottom which matched the all white car with the black accents in my build. That left only the spray nozzles. I liked them on the configurator so I changed my order to add these.

I learned something new about European Delivery. The lock date is coupled to the delivery date. Once you have a delivery date, the system is locked out from changes so my SA couldn't make the change. PCNA had to contact the factory to make the change for the $300 add on. PIA for them and I did get some professional and appropriate feedback on this point. lol. I recall now that I did the same thing on my 981 in 2013 (Also European delivery) but I added about $3k in options and it was no big deal at the time.

Quick Reply: Just ordered an imitation GTS. What did I miss?