Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diminished value help

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 09:28 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you get into an accident with somebody, and it's their fault. They get cited by the police BUT you both have the same insurance company.

How do you go about getting them to cover the DV?
Old 02-17-2018, 11:40 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Nino
If you get into an accident with somebody, and it's their fault. They get cited by the police BUT you both have the same insurance company.

Seems odd, but I would ignore that there's only one insurance company...there are two parties to the accident. Fact is, it might be helpful...or might not, kind of depending upon their general view and disposition of DV claims in general.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:51 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Seems odd, but I would ignore that there's only one insurance company...there are two parties to the accident. Fact is, it might be helpful...or might not, kind of depending upon their general view and disposition of DV claims in general.
This happened to me years ago (not in a Porsche) - maybe 2002. State Farm insured both parties. I filed DV with my agent using a consultant's report and they paid. Easy peasy.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:51 AM
DIMINISHEDVALUE
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Miami Diminished Value attorney

Originally Posted by maxpowers
Can anyone suggest and attorney in the Miami area? The insurance company is contesting everything and I'm at the point where I need to go to small claims court, but would prefer to have an attorney represent me.

I already hired a firm to do the DV reports and send very professional requests to the insurance company, but they won't budge.
Google Fausto Rosales but he won't go to court with a worthless diminished value appraisal so keep that in mind.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:53 AM
DIMINISHEDVALUE
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nino

Nino, Don't expect special treatment from an insurance company just because you also have a policy with them.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:05 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

I had a crash into the back of my GT4 last summer. I'm insured with Chubb. Crasher was with Allstate. Allstate paid all repairs ($16,000, of which 6500 was the cost of a new wing because of a tiny hairline crack in the trailing edge). Chubb paid DV. I don't know if they subrogate to recover that from Allstate or what. Before they even got their offer to me I got it appraised by a DV appraiser. He wrote up a detailed report showing DV of $5950, which I submitted to my claims rep. They came back with an offer of 4300-ish. I replied with a detailed letter that had my reasoning as to why this limited-production car would sustain way more than 4300 in DV. They reviewed, reclassified the car as "Exotic", and offered $5500. I accepted. Actual DV is probably closer to 10k but I knew there was no way I was getting that. Fortunately, I don't plan to sell for a long, long time. The $5500 is a nice boost to the Sport Cup 2 funds.

Quick Reply: Diminished value help