Sponsored by:

Dream (almost) fulfilled

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 11:23 AM
Baymar
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dream (almost) fulfilled

This is a first time post and I have been a recent avid reader of the site - wanted to thank the various contributors for wonderful information and advice. I actually tried to post this yesterday but for some reason it was lost - hope this does not get posted twice!

In any case, I am very close to finalizing the purchase of my first Porsche - a 2013 911S - MT configured with almost every option I wanted - except a sunroof. That said, the sun and I are not too friendly anymore - growing up in the south without too much care about skin protection plus relatively fair skin is not a good combination (don't ask me why I know!). In any case, don't believe I will miss it too much.

I am in NYC and the vehicle is in the Dallas area (where I am orignally from) and I am making a road trip next week to pick her up. I have made that drive several times but not in quite a while - my copilot is my three year old Staffordshire - he is terrible at navigation but excellent company (never dislikes my music and keeps mum about my average velocity!).

I cannot wait to pick it up and have a ca. 1,500 mile shake-out drive to get to know the new addition. I plan to use it as a weekend driver and occaisional track star. I have a weekend house near Lime Rock in Connecticut so am hopeful I can get some track time there.

I did a PPI with Hans from RAC in Dallas (thanks to this site) so am confident the vehicle is in good condition. Of course will be planning several modifications as soon as I have it home safe and sound.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and thanks - glad this treasure trove of information is here and also sorry that my wallet will hurt because of this site as well! I have attached several of the seller's pictures as I know that is a requirement.. I will post a few as my trip progresses on my way back to the NE.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Dream (almost) fulfilled