Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HRE Wheels | Our New FlowForm Release is Here! Introducing the FlowForm FF04!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 02:07 PM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 69 Posts

Any centre lock FF04's in 9x20 and 12x 20 ?
Old 12-28-2017, 02:17 PM
CarreraFahrer
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

@HRE thanks for your response. I understand the demand issue. My intent is to use these as track wheels so 19's are lighter, shorter with lower gearing, all plusses in my mind. Are any of the 19" FF04's able to work with spacers?
Old 12-28-2017, 02:21 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by smbryan
If you could do 11.5" without the raised embossed HRE and FLOWFORM in the RIM, able to accept the Porsche crest wheel caps and would be in for a couple sets.
Nice wheel—has a factory look while beating all of the current 991.2 wheel offerings imo. I didn't like any of the 20s, and settled for the Carrera S 20s. This one looks particularly good in that it has a nice level of concavity at the rear despite being made for the narrow body 911, something the factory didn't achieve.

I'm also curious about whether a set could be had without the "HRE" and "FLOWFORM" branding on the face of the wheel (maybe move it to the inside or make more subtle?) and with the ability to accept a factory center cap? On the one hand, I know that's your branding. On the other hand, some really like the stealth/factory look. I'm among them, and I suspect many others are as well.

Also, would the factory silver finish or even satin aluminum from the 991 GT3 RS be possible?

Thanks!!

pete
Old 12-28-2017, 02:33 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 982 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraFahrer
@HRE thanks for your response. I understand the demand issue. My intent is to use these as track wheels so 19's are lighter, shorter with lower gearing, all plusses in my mind. Are any of the 19" FF04's able to work with spacers?
Since it seems like wheel weight is your main priority it would be worth looking at their custom forged R101 Lightweight. We weighed their 20" 991 Narrow Body fitment at 16.5 & 19.4 lbs respectively - imagine what 19's would come in at. This is HRE's FlowForm thread so feel free to contact me directly with more info about these - David@WheelsBoutique.com

You can use spacers on the FF04's however HRE did not make 19" fitments with this wheel model for any Porsche model.
Originally Posted by stout
Nice wheel—has a factory look while beating all of the current 991.2 wheel offerings imo. I didn't like any of the 20s, and settled for the Carrera S 20s. This one looks particularly good in that it has a nice level of concavity at the rear despite being made for the narrow body 911, something the factory didn't achieve.

I'm also curious about whether a set could be had without the "HRE" and "FLOWFORM" branding on the face of the wheel (maybe move it to the inside or make more subtle?) and with the ability to accept a factory center cap? On the one hand, I know that's your branding. On the other hand, some really like the stealth/factory look. I'm among them, and I suspect many others are as well.

Also, would the factory silver finish or even satin aluminum from the 991 GT3 RS be possible?

Thanks!!

pete
The "HRE" and "FlowForm" branding cannot be removed as these wheels are manufactured with those styling cues from factory. The Porsche center cap is far too large to fit in the center of the FlowForms. You would have to look for an aftermarket center cap with the same sizing as that of the HRE center cap. On their custom forged wheels you have the options to choose a billet cap where they would leave blank so that you can take the cap to a third party and have whatever you'd like engraved on it.

HRE does offer satin silver finishes for all of their wheels which looks very close to the GT3 RS wheels.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 12-28-2017, 02:45 PM
CarreraFahrer
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Using 19" wheels will lower the car 1/2", this lowers the CG of the car which will allow the car to transition better, lowers the overall gearing to make it more similar to a GT3, and weights less which all three have benefits on track. I might even consider 18" but I'm not sure I want to change the gearing or lower the car that much.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:50 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera2RS
Any centre lock FF04's in 9x20 and 12x 20 ?
Only 5-lug applications are available. Centerlock vehicles will require our Forged wheels.

Indeed the 19"s will be lighter! May I suggest looking into the RC100, RC103, and R101 as those three options will be the lightest examples of our Forged wheels that we can do in 19" for your 991.

Originally Posted by stout

Thanks!!

pete
Hey Pete! Glad you like the wheel style! The FlowForm logo on the face of the wheel is casted into the wheel itself so removing it wouldn't be something we would like to do. Sure, you could shave down the wheel and remove that FlowForm logo, but we wouldn't do this for you. The FF04's do not share the same center cap size as what Porsche uses from factory, but if you would like to remove the Porsche logo and somehow apply that to our FlowForm wheels, we certainly wouldn't stop you.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:52 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Using 19" wheels will lower the car 1/2", this lowers the CG of the car which will allow the car to transition better, lowers the overall gearing to make it more similar to a GT3, and weights less which all three have benefits on track. I might even consider 18" but I'm not sure I want to change the gearing or lower the car that much.
You should retain the same rolling diameter as what Porsche intended from factory, so technically the car shouldn't be lowered any amount if you're using the proper tire sizes. In some instances sure, you can't get the exact rolling diameter from factory, so try to remain within 1% of the factory rolling diameter. We work with all our customers on tire sizes to ensure that what you're going for is proper and correct for the car.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:58 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Studio shots of our awesome IPA finish (Satin Bronze) shown on our FlowForm FF04 wheel!

What do you think about the IPA finish?
Old 09-11-2018, 04:48 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Studio shots of our awesome IPA finish (Satin Bronze) shown on our FlowForm FF04 wheel!

What do you think about the IPA finish?

It makes me thirsty!

In all seriousness, I will be getting these for my car...... busy remodeling my house before we go to Historic status so no play money presently. But after that........ FF04 in tarmac. (I'm old and boring)
Old 09-11-2018, 04:53 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 430 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud
It makes me thirsty!

In all seriousness, I will be getting these for my car...... busy remodeling my house before we go to Historic status so no play money presently. But after that........ FF04 in tarmac. (I'm old and boring)
Give us a ring if you change your mind! We are currently doing buy 3 tires get 1 free, free shipping, and huge savings on the wheels themselves.

Thanks!
-Carlos

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
Old 09-11-2018, 05:16 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 982 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud
It makes me thirsty!

What an excellent choice. Do you have a 991 narrow or wide body?
Old 01-16-2019, 01:01 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

FlowForm FF04's for your winter set up! Anyone else using their HRE's for winter use? Share with us your photos!

Old 01-16-2019, 01:04 PM
Aatish
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Waiting for Spring to mount mine. Can't wait

Quick Reply: HRE Wheels | Our New FlowForm Release is Here! Introducing the FlowForm FF04!