Sponsored by:

2012 991 cab blind spot

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 07:10 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have LCA on my 991.2 C4S.
LCA is very good but if you change lanes at the same time another vehicle changes into the lane next to you, the warning is very brief before a collision.
Two times, I hve changed lanes with no LCA flashing bars and noticed the bars started to flash as I changed, a quick movement back into my original lane saved a collision.
I stiil look before changing lanes as well as check LCA.
LCA is used by me to NOT having to look because I know the lane is blocked but if LCA is not flashing, I look before changing lanes.-Richard
Old 05-15-2017, 09:12 AM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I have lane change on a my other two cars - Lexus Rx and Cayenne - and it is great. My problem with my 2013 Cab is that it does not have lane change nor back up camera .... I have actually gotten half way decent at handling the lane changes on the highway by carefully adjusting the mirror ... unfortunately I still SUCK at trying to backup the Cab into a tight spot - sides or something like back up to a building, another car, tree, curb or out of a parking space... without putting the top down, which isn't always possible.

Not a reason to not drive the Cab whatsoever but I do wish it was a bit easier to deal with.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1983
Doesn't Porsche "Lane Change Assist" option help?
only if you have the forethought to specify it knowing of the existence of the blindspot.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:56 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeearly
I have lane change on a my other two cars - Lexus Rx and Cayenne - and it is great. My problem with my 2013 Cab is that it does not have lane change nor back up camera .... I have actually gotten half way decent at handling the lane changes on the highway by carefully adjusting the mirror ... unfortunately I still SUCK at trying to backup the Cab into a tight spot - sides or something like back up to a building, another car, tree, curb or out of a parking space... without putting the top down, which isn't always possible.

Not a reason to not drive the Cab whatsoever but I do wish it was a bit easier to deal with.
I think backup would be a nightmare w/o the camera "top up" - its bad enough "top down" in estimating where the back of the car actually "is" relative to any obstruction.

I dont think the asymetric mirror would help at all with backup

Quick Reply: 2012 991 cab blind spot