Sponsored by:

Navigation GPS Location Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 01:27 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Navigation GPS Location Problem

I've just brought my 2012.5 in for navigation problems for the third time!

After a reboot and some tinkering with the system works OK for about 50 miles then it looses its GPS fix and places me 50 miles off from where I am ( and will give directions from that spot).

The dealer keeps saying it's the antenna but after two previous fix attempts I assume it must be the NAV unit itself.

Anyone else have this experience or a diagnosis?
Old 05-15-2017, 02:56 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

I have seen a thread where it was the PCM/NAV as well. Here's the post where the OP on that thread reported that as the fix: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9503...l#post13592159

There are also threads where other electronics installed have caused interference (a dash cam in the case I'm thinking). You don't mention them so can we assume you don't have anything else wired up around the mirror area?
Old 05-15-2017, 04:19 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the link. I did already try to fix by relocating my dash cam wire to the other side, but the NAV issue came back anyway. The linked thread indicated as I suspect after 2 previous antenna fix attempts that it is the NAV unit itself (I'm sure Porsche may be reluctant to replace this given its cost for my under warranty car). This will add to my pushing them to explore/fix the unit itself as the poster did.

The shop service manager jokingly refers to my car as having the "submarine" option as near my home/dealer location the NAV shows me to be driving/sailing in the middle of the Long Island Sound waterway
Old 05-15-2017, 04:30 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by smichael
Thanks for the link. I did already try to fix by relocating my dash cam wire to the other side, but the NAV issue came back anyway. The linked thread indicated as I suspect after 2 previous antenna fix attempts that it is the NAV unit itself (I'm sure Porsche may be reluctant to replace this given its cost for my under warranty car). This will add to my pushing them to explore/fix the unit itself as the poster did.

The shop service manager jokingly refers to my car as having the "submarine" option as near my home/dealer location the NAV shows me to be driving/sailing in the middle of the Long Island Sound waterway
Oh, the dash cam was you! Sorry about that, I lose track of who posted what. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out.

Quick Reply: Navigation GPS Location Problem