Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impossible Choice ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 11:41 AM
Canefan
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have owned many BMWs.. 1series, 3 series (including 2 M3s), a 540i and an M5. I now own a 991.1 C2 base Carrera and its hands down the best car I've ever owned. What strikes me most is the difference in build quality between Porsche and BMW. Every BMW had issues with fit and finish specifically on the interior. Delamination on plastic parts, nappa leather problems, squeaks and rattles... The Porsche is rock solid. Every button and **** feels like a quality piece. These cars are built really really well. As for power, in most metro areas of the US, a base C2 or C4 is more power than you will ever need and can possibly use legally. If you plan to get out in the mountains and canyons, or plan to track the car, then opt for the higher performance. I'm sold hands down on Porsche though, and I'll never go back.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:02 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2-Cents. At 30 you are still a 'young' man, lots of time to upgrade down the road. 2 vs 4 wheel drive is not a real big concern to me in everyday street driving, a good set of 'rain capable' tires is. Do keep a good handle on your budget, at 30 I was still in the building stages of my life, I drove sports cars for sure, but used MGs and the like. But that was 35 years back, so different times. I would never let myself become car rich and cash poor.

If I have to help, I would say perhaps an entry level C2. Perhap CPO?

Good Luck! Let us know what you decide.

Cheers,
Old 02-24-2017, 12:03 PM
Palyndrome
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read every single responses and idea. So ...
I just came back from Porsche and Try a 991.2 C2S
I had already try a 991.2 Targa 4 (for half a day)
I also try the M3 during a 24h test drive.

The test drive of the C2S was a revelation ... This car need to be a RWD !
The AWD is great ! But ... the RWD is way more fun and super easy to drive too (it was raining ...)
I should have try that C2S for a while ... ! I was sure the AWD system was better ...

All in all, in just send a new offer to the leasing company and i'll have to wait a few days to get the final price ... !

So here is the porsche code of my final configuration : http://www.porsche-code.com/PHLTSZ62

Now ... i just have to wait for the leasing company ... And then wait for the car ... (Early Jully !)
Old 02-24-2017, 12:16 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 714 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
My 2-Cents. At 30 you are still a 'young' man, lots of time to upgrade down the road. 2 vs 4 wheel drive is not a real big concern to me in everyday street driving, a good set of 'rain capable' tires is. Do keep a good handle on your budget, at 30 I was still in the building stages of my life, I drove sports cars for sure, but used MGs and the like. But that was 35 years back, so different times. I would never let myself become car rich and cash poor.

If I have to help, I would say perhaps an entry level C2. Perhap CPO?

Good Luck! Let us know what you decide.

Cheers,
I agree that is good advice. At my age (59) I'm no longer in a position where I have to finance anything. When I was younger (in my 30's) I bought cars that didn't put me under too much debt. In fact, I still have a used TR6 that I bought 25 years ago and restored.

A base C2 or C4 will be more than enough power and fun for a more modest budget (if $100,000 can be considered modest) and as the years go on, I'm sure you'll change your mind (and cars) several times.

I'd agree with the CPO route, but if you are limiting your search to 2017 CPO, I'd suggest you just order a lightly equipped one new. The discounts in my area (and in Canada in general) aren't much of a savings especially when you consider the options they have on them that you wouldn't have ordered. Most CPO cars I looked at were priced higher than I am paying for a new, more lightly optioned car. And, I got exactly what I wanted ( and what I wanted to spend).
Old 02-24-2017, 12:17 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Have you seen the new GTI's?

Quick Reply: Impossible Choice ...