Sponsored by:

991 xaa vs xat option

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017 | 11:48 PM
rdragon
Track Day

Default 991 xaa vs xat option

Hi,

I searched for a while and I'm not coming up with an answer and hoping you guys can help.

I see that the XAA (aerokit cup) is made from the XAT (sport design package) with a modified front spoiler lip and a fixed wing on top of the duck tail. When some cars have XAA without the fixed wing (not XAT package; clearly has XAA front), does that mean owner removed the fixed wing? If so, does that affect anything negatively?

In Porsche's tequipment catalog, it does state to preserve aerodynamic stability, front and rear may not be fitted separately.
Old 02-22-2017 | 12:23 AM
ieatfishburritos
Instructor

It would appear the fixed wing must have been removed if a XAA car is found without it. I've heard the same statement regarding they're a matched set, I'm not sure if it's detectable other than by a professional race car driver comparing cars on the same track...
Old 02-22-2017 | 09:21 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Suncoast sells just the front spoiler (Sport Design, not the Aerokit - they are close but the Aerokit has two small cutouts in the bottom of the front spoiler).

Not sure about when ordering new for the 991.1 when it was being built. I believe if you order the Aerokit cup wing, you have to have the front spoiler for aerodynamics but the reverse is not true.

Front spoiler:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991BUD.html

Full kit, wing and front spoiler:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991CUP.html

This package comprises the Sport Design front bumper and spoiler, but with modified front spoiler lip and a fixed-wing profile on the rear spoiler. Tested and refined in the Porsche wind tunnel, the components increase down force on both axles and improve handling. They also emphasize the 911's sporting heritage.

Fits all 2013-2016 911 Carrera, 4, S, 4S Coupe models (991 generation). Not compatible with targa or cabrio models. Reduces ground clearance. Please enter your VIN number, we will need it to match your options properly. Our kits include the Cup Aerokit packages, and additional parts which may be needed for certain models.

If your car already has the Sport Desing front bumper, contact us for an alternate kit.

Special order, most kits ship within 2-4 business days. Dealer programming required, professional installation recommended.
And the wing alone:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991CUPWING.html

If you're looking for the cup aerokit spoiler, we have it available! Comes with the rear spoiler only, must be painted to match your car. If your car came with the Sport Design front bumper, adding this kit completes the Cup Aerokit package. Porsche only recommends using this wing for cars with the Sport Design Front Bumper.

Note: For Coupe models with sunroof, a new sunroof control module (which modifies sunroof settings) must be installed, dealer installation and activation will be required.

Note #2: For GTS models, the rear deck grille must be replaced to the standard version as shown. The Black GTS grilles must be omitted. The GTS kit comes with the standard grille, must also be painted to match.

Fits all 2012.5 to 2016 Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera 4, & Carrera 4S coupe models only. Professional installation recommended, dealer programming required.
Old 02-22-2017 | 11:15 AM
rdragon
Track Day

Thanks.

Is it true that when building with XAA (when purchasing new) that the spoiler/wing comes uninstalled from Porsche and that the dealer you bought the car at has to install it?

Assuming above is true, does this mean they provide you with the original rear deck grille as well?

Lastly, can anyone come up with ideas why an owner of a XAA car would remove wing (keeping just the duck). I'm thinking aesthetics would be main reason, but trying to get other views as well. If mainly for looks, why wouldn't someone have ordered XAT as it would cost less. Other than visually liking one over the other (for front spoiler), would us normal people be able to tell any performance differences?

Quick Reply: 991 xaa vs xat option